Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #121 of 4,743
  rarely ripped from original cd .
most often from torrents.
but do check the quality using some spectrum analyser

is there such a software
blink.gif
??

pardon me frombeing so naive but pls share the details as i am tired of downloading bad torrents

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #122 of 4,743
Good news is that now we get a lot of components in India (Meridian audio has 3 showrooms in India), although very expensive still (Meridian explorer might be a good addition to a desktop rig, but is clearly 70% more expensive than if one sources it from the US/elsewhere).  Should be interesting to see how things pan out.

+1. There is an Audez'e dealer in Bengaluru who is yet to return my call in, oh, 1 year. I can get stuff like NAD DACs in Chennai. But headphones in general are still scarce. Importing them/buying them from Head-fiers is still the way to go, IMO.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #123 of 4,743

+1. There is an Audez'e dealer in Bengaluru who is yet to return my call in, oh, 1 year. I can get stuff like NAD DACs in Chennai. But headphones in general are still scarce. Importing them/buying them from Head-fiers is still the way to go, IMO.

How much do they quote for NAD M51?

You mean ARN? May be you should try your luck again.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #124 of 4,743
I haven't used it but people use Audacity to check the sample rate and bit depth of downloaded material.  In particular, trying to identify whether sites like HD Tracks are really selling high quality audiophile tracks or simply upsampled versions.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features

Quote:

is there such a software
blink.gif
??

pardon me frombeing so naive but pls share the details as i am tired of downloading bad torrents

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #126 of 4,743
man i think the best dealer was lynx,chandigarh

he had a very huge variety but unfortunately he had to close down due to fraudulent practices.

now he deals in only data recovery and stuff like that.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #128 of 4,743
kothganesh, one of the co-founders of Audeze is Sankar (Thiagasamudram), a Tamilian who went to school in my home town (Coimbatore) and is an engineer from our own PSG Tech. When I bought my LCD-1, I had the opportunity to interact with him over phone. Warm and unassuming. You should try and send him a line, so he gets a chance to right things.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #129 of 4,743
kothganesh, one of the co-founders of Audeze is Sankar (Thiagasamudram), a Tamilian who went to school in my home town (Coimbatore) and is an engineer from our own PSG Tech. When I bought my LCD-1, I had the opportunity to interact with him over phone. Warm and unassuming. You should try and send him a line, so he gets a chance to right things.

Interesting .....he did his engineering in India , did not know that .

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #130 of 4,743

I've read about him on the web. I'll do that, thank you.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #132 of 4,743
Greeting everyone. I'm planning to buy Emotiva mini-x a-100 for my HE-500. Do anyone know how is the customs handling in chennai? By the way I'm from Nagercoil(Tamilnadu).

You better hurry man, the sales will end this sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back