Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #586 of 4,743
  Following up on my earlier post, I can relate with ayaflo's statement about changing likes. Two years ago, I swore that the sound created by Beats headphones (had the Pro version) was the best and that is the exact sound I wanted to hear. After careful listening to other headphones, its now a choice between the HD 800 and the Stax electrostats as a primary go-to with the HE 6 for "fun' listening. In other words, a relatively neutral HP with more detail and soundstage is what I am after, not to mention points 1&2 that Vaibhav mentioned. All IMO of course.

what?

you used to listen to beats headphones just 2 years ago?

thats quiet a fast change.

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #587 of 4,743

what?

you used to listen to beats headphones just 2 years ago?

thats quiet a fast change.

Yes sir. Somebody got me a pair of ATH M-50s and the Grado SR 325i. Life has since then been very expensive
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #588 of 4,743
  Yes sir. Somebody got me a pair of ATH M-50s and the Grado SR 325i. Life has since then been very expensive
biggrin.gif

same happened with my brother.

he used to swear by Bose/Beats. I told him bose was low end and he got offended by that.

when I was demoing akg k550 he said they were low end and a logitech $50 hp will sound same.

but when we got home and he gave it a good listen, he was't ready to put it down.

I recently bought UE6000 for him as a good alternative to bose while sounding good enough.

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #589 of 4,743
I bought my second daughter a Beats as well. Last year, I had just bough the Fostex TH 900 and was listening to it. She came in, listened to it and I think she threw away the Beats (I can't find it). She wanted the 900 but settled for the ATh M-50. I agreed to let her use the TH 900 and have kept it accessible.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #590 of 4,743
  I bought my second daughter a Beats as well. Last year, I had just bough the Fostex TH 900 and was listening to it. She came in, listened to it and I think she threw away the Beats (I can't find it). She wanted the 900 but settled for the ATh M-50. I agreed to let her use the TH 900 and have kept it accessible.

lol

also did you got project ember? 

is it good for high impedence hps?

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #591 of 4,743

lol

also did you got project ember? 

is it good for high impedence hps?

Project Ember is a very good amp at the price and drives the HE 6 very well (remember that HP is a monster). I have not listened to it with the Senns which I plan to do this weekend. Right now, I am listening to the 800 with my Bottlehead Crack which is a very very good amp for the Senn (I have the 650 and the 800). I changed the DAC from the Bifrost to the Gungnir which really helps with the SQ.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #592 of 4,743
  Project Ember is a very good amp at the price and drives the HE 6 very well (remember that HP is a monster). I have not listened to it with the Senns which I plan to do this weekend. Right now, I am listening to the 800 with my Bottlehead Crack which is a very very good amp for the Senn (I have the 650 and the 800). I changed the DAC from the Bifrost to the Gungnir which really helps with the SQ.

how much you paid for it totally?

does soldering and workmanship looks good and reliable?

it looks a good prospective buy if there is no problem with it.

also share how it sounds with treble happy hps like hd800 once you get the chance.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #594 of 4,743

how much you paid for it totally?

does soldering and workmanship looks good and reliable?

it looks a good prospective buy if there is no problem with it.

also share how it sounds with treble happy hps like hd800 once you get the chance.

Very good build. Jeremy is excellent to communicate with. He shipped the amp completely built and it costs $380 prior to shipping and customs.

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #599 of 4,743
  Sure. And when you do get more cash, you can use the Ember as a pre-amp for a much more powerful amp.

ie tube buffer for solid state?

will that be volume controlled?

I want as less volume potentiometers in signal as possible.

but I am getting ahead of myself. my next amp purchase will be end game for me whatever it will be.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #600 of 4,743
ie tube buffer for solid state?

will that be volume controlled?

I want as less volume potentiometers in signal as possible.

but I am getting ahead of myself. my next amp purchase will be end game for me whatever it will be. :bigsmile_face:

Yes a tube buffer for whatever, SS or tube amp. Although SS would make more sense. It does have volume control.
About end game, I don't know. One would have thought Audez'e was end game but I didn't stop there. YMMV of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back