Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #4,291 of 4,743
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #4,292 of 4,743
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #4,293 of 4,743
Hey! So i'd been lurking for a while, but this thread really caught my attention!

So I'm a broke wanting-to-be-audiophile, currently in Bangalore.

Started my journey with the in-package earbuds with the Sony w810i (still one one of the best phones of all time!). That was my introduction to decent audio, since before IEM's, nothing ever fit more than 10 seconds.

Then it was an EP630. Moved on to Soundmagic PL21 >> Soundmagic E10 (lost on the BMTC :frowning2:( ) >> Phillips 3595 >> Soundmagic P30 >> Xiaomi Piston 3 >> KZ ATE. Also have a pair of Swan D1080's.

So, that's my audio journey, quite visibly budgeted, which i am trying to work around now. Looking for some full sized cans, ideally want to try them out first!

Would love to hear of any meet-up's that happen :)

Cheers! :beyersmile:

Jul 2, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #4,294 of 4,743
Guys whosoever looking for purchase from aliexpress. One seller is giving 10% discount on everything in his store for limited period of time. You just have to like and share his Facebook page and then send him screenshot of the same on aliexpress chat.
Link of store:
https://m.aliexpress.com/store/1213684?trace=store2mobilestoreNew#/
You can search his page on Facebook as yaoyaotiger Hifi.
This is working as of now.. Just did a purchase. Not sure when it'll stop.

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #4,297 of 4,743
Could anyone suggest a person or shop that can do earphones recabling in Bangalore? The 3.5mm bend in my Dunu earphones has a loose connection and I don't know who offers service for Dunu in India. Need a perfect job.
I'd also be interested in knowing. Was planning to give it a try myself, but any professional help (relatively cheap) would be better

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4,298 of 4,743
With a heavy heart, I sold my HD6XX to my friend. Bought from someone in March and used it only once. I have a M50s and M50x. Didn't get enough time to put on the HD6XX to enjoy it. Instead, I keep shuffling between Rockjaw Alfa Genus v2, Noble X and Vibro Labs Maya. Latter two mostly hooked to Chord Mojo. Figures that I'm more of an IEM lover when it comes to music.

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #4,301 of 4,743
yCPDcAf.png

Only Bajaao can sell an OPEN BOX speaker for more than a boxed one. :grimacing:

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,302 of 4,743
Hey! So i'd been lurking for a while, but this thread really caught my attention!

So I'm a broke wanting-to-be-audiophile, currently in Bangalore.

Started my journey with the in-package earbuds with the Sony w810i (still one one of the best phones of all time!). That was my introduction to decent audio, since before IEM's, nothing ever fit more than 10 seconds.

Then it was an EP630. Moved on to Soundmagic PL21 >> Soundmagic E10 (lost on the BMTC :frowning2:( ) >> Phillips 3595 >> Soundmagic P30 >> Xiaomi Piston 3 >> KZ ATE. Also have a pair of Swan D1080's.

So, that's my audio journey, quite visibly budgeted, which i am trying to work around now. Looking for some full sized cans, ideally want to try them out first!

Would love to hear of any meet-up's that happen :)

Cheers! :beyersmile:

Hey,

Do check out Headphone Zone's Headphone Connect events hosted by Raghav Somani, for starters.

And on the side, you could contact some local head-fiers (there are quite a few in B'lore) and get together for a meet up at someone's house, preferably over fresh cups of filter coffee, or better still, over a pint or two. :wink:
This is what a few of us did in Delhi/ NCR, before Headphone Connect came along.

Edit> We still continued our meet ups outside of Headphone Connect, to benefit from increased listening time, and reduced drinking/ eating/ talking time.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #4,304 of 4,743
I currently don't have any proper setup used to have m50x used to drive them with Mi5, and now I have OP3T and Brainwavz M1, thought of getting the Senn 6xx from massdrop but then GST kicks in, disappointing India customs.
If you are looking for a cheap but good openback then get Superlux 668B it was going $30 a few days back on gearbest even with customs that was a killer price. Another one that people swear by is ISK HF2011.

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #4,305 of 4,743
If you are looking for a cheap but good openback then get Superlux 668B it was going $30 a few days back on gearbest even with customs that was a killer price. Another one that people swear by is ISK HF2011.

I can get the superlux for around 3k inr from fiio.co.in, should I buy it, but I've heard that the high end gets fatiguing, but then getting an open back for this price is a steal anyways. And thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back