Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #4,306 of 4,743
I can get the superlux for around 3k inr from fiio.co.in, should I buy it, but I've heard that the high end gets fatiguing, but then getting an open back for this price is a steal anyways. And thanks so much.
You will need a velour pad extra and might have to EQ a little if the treble bothers you. Check the respective thread for more details.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #4,307 of 4,743
I currently don't have any proper setup used to have m50x used to drive them with Mi5, and now I have OP3T and Brainwavz M1, thought of getting the Senn 6xx from massdrop but then GST kicks in, disappointing India customs.

Same. I had HD6XX but sold it to a friend because I was barely using it. The new IGST rules and customs are making importing headphones next to irrational. BTW, since you've OP3T, have you tried the Open Betas and use the aptX with supporting Bluetooth speakers/headphones with aptX? Unfortunately, the aptX support is still not available for stable builds.

Jul 30, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #4,308 of 4,743
Same. I had HD6XX but sold it to a friend because I was barely using it. The new IGST rules and customs are making importing headphones next to irrational. BTW, since you've OP3T, have you tried the Open Betas and use the aptX with supporting Bluetooth speakers/headphones with aptX? Unfortunately, the aptX support is still not available for stable builds.

I am on openbeta and I do see the aptx option in developer settings, but then I don't have any aptx supported headset or speaker to test that.

Jul 30, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #4,309 of 4,743
Hi, I am looking to sell 5 month old HD6xx. I am first owner and received it from Massdrop in Jan 2017. Its in mint condition and under 50hrs of usage. The replacement cable is also part of sale (once I receive it from Massdrop I'll ship it buyer). My location is Bangalore.

Is it available Sir, how much customs did you pay to import it in India?

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #4,310 of 4,743
Hey, I am looking to buy a used IEM interested in HifiMAN RE0 or RE-400, VSonic GR07, or any other similar IEM, can buy a used Open Back headphone too like Senn HD598 or similar, I am from Kolkata and my budget is tight as I'm a student and I don't belong to a rich family so all my pocket savings are what I can use. Thank You..

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #4,311 of 4,743
I am thinking of selling Fiio X5 III + A5 combo.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #4,312 of 4,743
I currently don't have any proper setup used to have m50x used to drive them with Mi5, and now I have OP3T and Brainwavz M1, thought of getting the Senn 6xx from massdrop but then GST kicks in, disappointing India customs.
Gotcha. So is your preference to be portable as opposed to being tied down to a desktop? The reason I ask is that HPs like the Senns scale like crazy with better upstream equipment. Also note that you will easily bust budget limits when you go equipment hunting. This hobby ain't cheap.

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #4,313 of 4,743
Gotcha. So is your preference to be portable as opposed to being tied down to a desktop? The reason I ask is that HPs like the Senns scale like crazy with better upstream equipment. Also note that you will easily bust budget limits when you go equipment hunting. This hobby ain't cheap.

So true about the hobby not being cheap, I haven't started earning yet, and I'll try to buy things slowly slowly using my pocket money till I start earning, so I'm looking for some used stuffs, and right now portable is preferred cause I can't afford a hi end dac or dap or even an ampli, so just trying to get some good sounding used earphone.

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #4,314 of 4,743
Is it available Sir, how much customs did you pay to import it in India?
Sorry but it got sold long back. I paid 7.2k as customs for these.

Aug 3, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #4,316 of 4,743
so want to buy m1060s found an indian website quoting 26k including shipping from u.s. ..whats the gst ill have to pay?
Import duty can range from 30-42% depending on mood of customs officer. If shipping medium is DHL/Fedex it mostly would be on higher side.

Aug 3, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #4,318 of 4,743
If anyone is coming down to Canjam SG and wants the Monolith M1060 headphones then do let me know! Lost interest in the 3 days between ordering them and having them reach me
blink.gif
are these cans still up for sale?

Aug 3, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #4,319 of 4,743
Could anyone suggest a person or shop that can do earphones recabling in Bangalore? The 3.5mm bend in my Dunu earphones has a loose connection and I don't know who offers service for Dunu in India. Need a perfect job.

Are those tiny shops for radio/TV repairs along SP Road in Bangalore good enough for replacing the whole cable of earphones or even just the 3.5mm jack part of the cable? Anyone?

Aug 5, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #4,320 of 4,743
I'd also be interested in knowing. Was planning to give it a try myself, but any professional help (relatively cheap) would be better

Are those tiny shops for radio/TV repairs along SP Road in Bangalore good enough for replacing the whole cable of earphones or even just the 3.5mm jack part of the cable? Anyone?

Raj (+91 9742209197) near Sarjarpur Road/Old Central Jail Road helped crack open my earphones and solder the loose connection without having to recable the whole thing. He is very simple and humble in his set-up and shop. I paid him a very megre sum as per HeadFi standards, Rs.200/- for the job, although he thinks it is very handsome payment. :) I recommend him for any electrical repairs of headphones (that don't involve tuning and other such in-depth knowledge) and music instruments like keyboards and guitars. He is recommended my Music House as he regularly provides repairs and servicing to theri customers as well as those of Reynold's and other such music instrument shops in and around Bangalore. Very honest and straight in his dealings. I recommend. You may take my reference as the "earphones repair customer from HSR Layout" and he is also looking forward to receiving repair calls from HeadFi users of Bangalore chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back