Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #3,961 of 4,743
  Hi guys. I am an Indian Audiophile too. Nice to meet you guys.

Welcome to the community..
Please share your gears in brief :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #3,962 of 4,743
For source I use Creative Sound Blaster ZxR with Burson op-amps. I also use my phone with no ad ons but I'll be upgrading to the LG G5 soon. 
Headphones - Fostex TH-X00 PH and Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 ohm
IEMs - JVC FX 850 and buying Campfire Audio Vega next week.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #3,963 of 4,743
For source I use Creative Sound Blaster ZxR with Burson op-amps. I also use my phone with no ad ons but I'll be upgrading to the LG G5 soon. 
Headphones - Fostex TH-X00 PH and Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 ohm
IEMs - JVC FX 850 and buying Campfire Audio Vega next week.
Welcome.

What UIEMs and CIEMs have you used in the past?

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #3,964 of 4,743
Welcome.

What UIEMs and CIEMs have you used in the past?

Well. That's about it actually besides from the XBA-3 I owned back in the day. I am auditioning Campfire Audio Andromeda and Campfire Audio Vega this weekend(My friend has them) to finalize if I want the Vega or not.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #3,965 of 4,743
  Well. That's about it actually besides from the XBA-3 I owned back in the day. I am auditioning Campfire Audio Andromeda and Campfire Audio Vega this weekend(My friend has them) to finalize if I want the Vega or not.

Hmm. It's good that you are auditioning before purchase. Big jump though, from FX 850 to Andromeda or Vega. Hope you find your pair.

When Vega came out a weeks ago, it struck me as I have a headphone  (Denon AHD- 950) where diamond was also being used to manufacture the driver diaphragm. Difference being, one was Vaporised Diamond and the other was Non Crystalline Diamond. I was also very happy to see it, when it also featured in David Mahler's epic 58 Flagship headphones article. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #3,966 of 4,743

If you like the inherent sound of DD versus BA, Vega might suit you. I have the Andromeda out of the Sony ZX2. I will not need any more portable listening devices.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #3,967 of 4,743
I definitely prefer the bass of a DD so I am considering the Vega. I was looking at Noble K10 before that just cuz they look so stellar literally. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #3,969 of 4,743
TBH after I got a pair of Ocharaku Surround Co Donguri Shizuku in late July this year, my perspective of IEM's have changed since then. At $44 or so, what was being offered definitely merits the question of whether spending 100 s or 1000s on a IEM is actually worth it in terms of overall value and premium price pay off. 

Sure one can spend as per their appetite and I am all for the luxury market. But after collecting for 11 years or so, I honestly feel that prices should go down in a few years like the tech industry. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #3,971 of 4,743
  Hey, how are you doing? Anything new you got in the past few months. 

Nothing at all! The Candy Monks with the QP1R at home and the CIEMs with my phone on the bus. Very interested in the bio cellulose driver ZMF cans, but that would involve investing again in a desktop setup which I don't want to do.

Got to try some of the top tier cans though and I'm in awe of the LCD-4 and Kennerton Odin. Would rather have these or the Abyss over the Utopia personally. 

Like you I can no longer justify dropping large amounts of money on gear. I've been back and forth on spending SGD 149 for the Shanling M1. I ordered a Mojo this morning on Amazon.de and cancelled it 10 minutes later! I should hold off till Canjam next year. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #3,972 of 4,743

Hey, how are you doing? Anything new you got in the past few months. 

Nothing at all! The Candy Monks with the QP1R at home and the CIEMs with my phone on the bus. Very interested in the bio cellulose driver ZMF cans, but that would involve investing again in a desktop setup which I don't want to do.

Got to try some of the top tier cans though and I'm in awe of the LCD-4 and Kennerton Odin. Would rather have these or the Abyss over the Utopia personally. 

Like you I can no longer justify dropping large amounts of money on gear. I've been back and forth on spending SGD 149 for the Shanling M1. I ordered a Mojo this morning on Amazon.de and cancelled it 10 minutes later! I should hold off till Canjam next year. 

Nice, if Shanling M1 has the micro usb out, i would have bought..unfortunately it's USB C :frowning2:
That's the reason i will buy the Hidiz AP60 once they release the USB audio out feature in their firmware :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #3,973 of 4,743
Black Friday is around the corner. You should get a DD and a BA!

Thinking of buying a Mojo again. Are the European sellers the best to go with right now?

No way. Only got money for one TOTL IEM

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #3,974 of 4,743

Hmm. Yeah I was also interested in the ZMF Eikon, especially at the pre-order price. But I already have a Bio Cellulose based Sony MDR CD-3K, which I'm quite happy with, but after I got the Stax system, I am not going much further in the high end uber priced dynamic/ortho systems, firstly I don't have the time and secondly, I still find vintage AKG and Sennheiser's are still hard to beat in terms of clarity, tonality, transparency and detail in comparison to today's TOTLs.

I got the following in the past 4 months or so and I have spent about $200 (Including cables) or so at max. (Excluding the CIEM). I got cables from Singapore BTW, Nocturnal Audio. They make good stuff, the waiting time is like 4 weeks, but it was worth it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back