Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,106 of 4,743
i got my KZ S3 and i am not getting a proper fit. its coming out every now and then. But i am enjoying the sound though. 
Have anyone tried the LZ 03A? any comparisions with icons or fiio ex1?? thanks.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #3,107 of 4,743
Hey no problem just trying to help that's all:)

Surface transport you say? ****zu my friend you just stepped on large pile of ****zz. Damn the stupid irony sorry but boy I just can't help I mean whyOwhy would you do that???
First mistake - Canada post
Second mistake - surface transport!!!?
Third - I'm just making this one up as I said before I can't help ( how about 50CAD for shipping:)

Sorry about that, the point is I warned multiple times in my post about Canada post (shrugs) and surface transport and boy you nailed it.

Ok two types of transport one air parcel and second surface parcel. Figured?
So yes your package will be handled by cargo ship and will take at least a month to arrive india and then "at least"( wish I could write this on bold letters but too bad I'm on mobile site)
15-45 days for port customs clearance

I'm sorry for you man but 70% chances are you will have to pay duty.
'So What about the other 30%?' Well I just said that to make you feel better. Feeling better?? No?!! Here's another then, thing is your package maybe be small considering its iem so maybe they won't inspect it or worry too much about the package value.

Just hold on to that 30% and have faith...... not in me no but in ignorance and laziness of customs agents i mean after all that's what Indian customs is famous for. Those delinquent ******ahem.
So yeah good luck

Edit - forgot to add, once your package is handed to india post and the courier website doesn't show any updates after arriving india then head over to -
ipsweb website ( government site for foreign parcels)

And ****zu a tiny spoiler for you to treat
smily_headphones1.gif
,this happened to my surface parcel-

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/IPSWeb_item_events.asp?itemid=CC201868376CA&Submit=Submit

Thanks for your encouragement. I badly need it. Haha. Actually i saw your post only after I had ordered and cursed myself for the mistake. But now it is better to look forward than backwards. Whats done cannot be undone.
This is my tracking sheet.

AS you can see it says Service: International Parcel service, so I guess it must be surface. The seller though indicated it was air parcel. I am stuck I guess.

P.S. Vaibhav, Shreyas, Akshay & myself are good friends and live in Delhi NCR and meet almost weekly. WE have a group name "Audioheads" . WE share our gear and sit over new items that we buy, music discussions, new gear discussions etc. Its fun. D-14 that you sold to Shreyas , we shall have a taste of it all haha.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #3,108 of 4,743
Originally Posted by ****zu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks for your encouragement. I badly need it. Haha. Actually i saw your post only after I had ordered and cursed myself for the mistake. But now it is better to look forward than backwards. Whats done cannot be undone.
This is my tracking sheet.

AS you can see it says Service: International Parcel service, so I guess it must be surface. The seller though indicated it was air parcel. I am stuck I guess.

P.S. Vaibhav, Shreyas, Akshay & myself are good friends and live in Delhi NCR and meet almost weekly. WE have a group name "Audioheads" . WE share our gear and sit over new items that we buy, music discussions, new gear discussions etc. Its fun. D-14 that you sold to Shreyas , we shall have a taste of it all haha.

ITEM n° CC211318603CAnew search
Local Date and TimeCountryLocationEvent TypeMail CategoryNext OfficeExtra Information
1/15/2016 12:45:00 PMCanadaN0B2T0Receive item from customer (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/18/2016 11:08:00 AMCanadaMONTREALReceive item at office of exchange (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/21/2016 10:07:00 AMCanadaMONTREALInsert item into bag (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/28/2016 12:01:00 AMCanadaMONTREALSend item abroad (EDI-received)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #3,109 of 4,743

ITEM n° CC211318603CAnew search
Local Date and TimeCountryLocationEvent TypeMail CategoryNext OfficeExtra Information
1/15/2016 12:45:00 PMCanadaN0B2T0Receive item from customer (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/18/2016 11:08:00 AMCanadaMONTREALReceive item at office of exchange (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/21/2016 10:07:00 AMCanadaMONTREALInsert item into bag (Otb)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  
1/28/2016 12:01:00 AMCanadaMONTREALSend item abroad (EDI-received)SurfaceMUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE  

Hey. Thanks. Could you let me know how and which link you got that status from. That means it is still in transit  since 28th Jan almost a month. Sad state of affairs out here  I must say.
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #3,110 of 4,743

Hey. Thanks. Could you let me know how and which link you got that status from. That means it is still in transit  since 28th Jan almost a month. Sad state of affairs out here  I must say.
frown.gif

Go to the previous Pg.207, I have given a link along with a few instructions. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,111 of 4,743

1. One must always ensure full value is declared by the seller, when someone is buying a Brand New item from outside, as if something happens to your item, insurance cover is there to pay for your losses. Secondly if any defect issue occurs during warranty, then shipping it to manufacturer and getting it back upon repair will be a hassle if one is not producing proper documents. 
  2. Always buy from a secured site (with a Tribunal to settle claims) or use PayPal as a payment gateway. Why??? To resolve issues, if there is delay in shipment reaching your destination or the seller stops communicating with you after  a while, if you properly document the chain of events from purchase, PayPal always ensures Buyers get justice. After 30 days of the shipment if there is no tracking or whereabout available for the item, file a case at PayPal and if you have a legitimate claim, the seller has to give evidence of shipment which PayPal tracks, at this point, escalate a claim for your payment if the item is not trackable or it is not moving from one destination to the other for days then you will surely get a refund 
  3. If you are buying used goods, ask the seller to declare them as used goods, as if you don't the Customs Dept. will charge at New Item Rate. Used goods get a 50% exemption from the normal ad-valorem rate (Rate of Customs is not uniform, it depends upon a lot of factors like size, weight, type of good etc)
  4. Use Air Mail trackable services when you buy from anywhere in the world and use this link to get all tracking information to India 
  5. For US, Russia, Greece, Eastern European Nations and Canada use Post Office Services. For Japan, S.Korea, Hong-Kong, Singapore, China use EMS (Postal Services) 
  6. When buying items, which weighs a lot or are delicate, use premium shipping services in order to ensure safe and fast delivery e.g. FedEx, DHL, UPS, Premium Govt. Postal Service 
  7. Customs are payable on goods which are sent at Commercial mode. Gift and sample do not attract duty but if you are buying it for personal use ensure it is declared as Commercial mode in order to avoid hassles from customs authority, as one city's custom authority differs from another, all will not asses in the same manner 
  8. Always ensure seller uses signature confirmation (return receipt) option for guaranteeing proper delivery
  9. Keep the documents related with your purchase with you at all times in order to avoid harassment from custom authorities, as they can make you work if you don't have proper papers
  10. Know about your state sales tax laws, certain states require sales tax Form 50 for inter state transfer, This is not required in general but FedEx asks for this specifically in certain states. In such cases ask relatives or friends to receive items on your behalf, so that they can ship it to you 
  11. Its better to pay Customs rather than avoid it, firstly because the tax we pay goes back in to system and secondly we can avoid hassles of revaluation, continuous inspections which is done  in order to asses correct value as it saves us ware-house cost if we are using Private Courier services and too much time goes behind assessment, then you will be handed a huge Warehouse Charges bill, even if you don't pay customs, which can ultimately cost you more than your initial customs duty. Paying customs also ensures, you can show your receipt as proof if by any chance your item is sent for repair or replacement 
  12. Canada Post International Air and Surface both are okay. I prefer air, and have used it several times to buy Comply Tips. International Air is faster and is comparable to USPS First Class, which takes about 2 Weeks Max. Xpress Post takes about a week max to get there, which is comparable to USPS Priority. Canada Priority takes 3-5 working days, which is comparable to USPS Global Worldwide service. Canada Post surface on the other hand will take at least 4-12 weeks. 

The above suggestions are based on 9 years of International buying experience. 

Thanks for your inputs. Since my item is coming through Canada Post surface so it seems it will take  4-12 weeks. So I better sit on this for q a while I guess. I have indeed paid through Paypal and The item declared by seller is a gift and invoiced at  a lower cost though .

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #3,112 of 4,743
  Very nice write ups. 

I'm still on the very economic side, finding best gear at below $20 range. I can provide some tips in this part as I've tried pretty much all the free/low charge couriers.

China Post : Among the worst, always lands in Kolkata and usually takes a long time even to show up in tracking and then departing from Beijing. Kolkata customs imo is slowest one that I know and this whole chain makes the process long and painful. Least time it has taken was 28 days and at most it went to ~90 days for one occasion. China post has also lost two of my parcels and they never reached to me. So I guess the probability of your package getting lost is quite high compared to competitors. 

Sweden Post : Just slightly better than China post. Takes lot of time to show up tracking information but more reliable than China post. Time to reach is about a month from China to India. Usually lands in Delhi customs.

Hongkong Post : Reliable and faster than above. Lands at Delhi or Mumbai customs, takes about 20 days to reach to India from China. 

Singapore Post : Best among the low cost courier services. Takes around 15 days to reach to India from China and lands in Chennai or Mumbai customs.

I used Sweden post once and I was very impressed. Got the item door delivered in a span of 17 days.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #3,113 of 4,743
  Thanks for your inputs. Since my item is coming through Canada Post surface so it seems it will take  4-12 weeks. So I better sit on this for q a while I guess. I have indeed paid through Paypal and The item declared by seller is a gift and invoiced at  a lower cost though .

You have taken a risk with surface shipping due to the transit time, as the seller can get away with it even if you don't receive the item, as PayPal dispute policy is open up to 45 Days from purchase. Let's hope you have good post office officials in your city, as that is another hassle for slow moving goods, as if you don't keep track or raise it with appropriate authorities it might be stolen or misplaced. 

Keep in touch with the seller, as it seems he has properly shipped the goods, liability is on his side as well as it is declared at a low value, so if you go for a claim and get it, he can only get insurance up to the declared value. Patiently waiting is your only option right now, as PayPal will take his side as he has done his bit and the shipment is in surface mode, meaning longer transit time will be taken into consideration. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #3,114 of 4,743
  You have taken a risk with surface shipping due to the transit time, as the seller can get away with it even if you don't receive the item, as PayPal dispute policy is open up to 45 Days from purchase. Let's hope you have good post office officials in your city, as that is another hassle for slow moving goods, as if you don't keep track or raise it with appropriate authorities it might be stolen or misplaced. 

Keep in touch with the seller, as it seems he has properly shipped the goods, liability is on his side as well as it is declared at a low value, so if you go for a claim and get it, he can only get insurance up to the declared value. Patiently waiting is your only option right now, as PayPal will take his side as he has done his bit and the shipment is in surface mode, meaning longer transit time will be taken into consideration. 

Yes I got your point. I have approached the Ebay Resolution Centre  and sent him a mail through that. I have chosen the option of item not received. If he is not able to provide a concrete reply the Resolution Centre will perhaps jump in. Like you said Paypal has mentioned on their site to contact Ebay resolution centre.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #3,116 of 4,743
  So guys, please send some photos of the setups you are using right now. 

I am in the verge of buying the Hd-800. I have the appointment for the demo today.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #3,117 of 4,743
  I am in the verge of buying the Hd-800. I have the appointment for the demo today.

That's great. Hope you have an amp powerful enough to do justice to the HD800. BTW, I might sell my headphone amp during the month of April this year. Do let me know, if you are interested. It pairs very well with the HD800. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #3,119 of 4,743
The HD800 or 800S? If budget isn't a concern the S is pretty amazing?

I second that. Haven't heard the S version (Have heard the 800 on several occasions for hours) but HD 800 needs a lot of attention in order to get optimum levels of sound out of it, especially due to the inefficiency and sibilance in higher frequencies. It is a technical achievement when it comes to dynamic driver headphones but in the end people will stick to headphones, which are more enjoyable rather than technically perfect one. From what I've read in the 800S forums, issues with the 800 which made it a bit annoying over long periods of listening have been addressed in 800S 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back