Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,951 of 4,743
Just tried the piston 2.1. Friend who got is flabbergasted and thinking of drawing up an export/import plan for it to Benelux.

Too much bass and thin voice but too early to standby comment. No opinion on treble yet. Will check it out after a week. Sound is brighter than Sony MH1C.

Agreed, too much bass on Piston. It almost shakes the eardrum. Pistons are good for price but not for everyone.... At least I didn't fell in love with them and didn't buy these even though I could at around $14 here. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,952 of 4,743
Just tried the piston 2.1. Friend who got is flabbergasted and thinking of drawing up an export/import plan for it to Benelux.

Too much bass and thin voice but too early to standby comment. No opinion on treble yet. Will check it out after a week. Sound is brighter than Sony MH1C.

Pistons are good for their price, in fact, awesome, But are not worthy of your attention. I dont think these can attract you as you already have the titan.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,953 of 4,743

Tried the pistons for a fortnight. The midrange was too thin and awkwardly recessed compared to the bass. The treble was mostly smooth.

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,954 of 4,743
Headphones may be good, However I don't like them as they are not as Portable as an IEM, And today's IEM's are already surpassing the Sound Quality of Many Headphones. 

As I used to go on Bike/Car trips, I needed something good, Portable that can be fitted in Pocket. Earlier I bought Sansa Clip+ with 32 GB of Card. However I was not able to get hold of any IEM because of Many Factors like "Money", "Comfort" and Top of all "Pleasant Sound/ Not Fatiguing"

Read lots and lots of Reviews about IEM's availaible in India, However some of them are expensive or not comfortable or fatiguing.

Then I came to know about VSONIC IEM's, I checked all the product range and Found GR Series somewhat big and might not be comfortable to wear while sleeping on Side. So didn't had any choice to get Shure SE215, But then VSONIC released VSD3S, Which is not much expensive.

Hence Ordered VSD3S (Black) from Snapdeal at price of 2600/- with Non-Detachable Silver Cable Version.

Here are some pics.

Right out of the Box, I thought these will be uncomfortable because of the Jewel Type design. However once i wore them they were very comfortable, I tried lying down from side and there was no pressure in ear.

Build Quality - 

Build Quality is pretty Good. Only one CON i find as for now is No strain Relief at any Joint. VSD3S normally comes in detachable version, However due to some issues with Proprietry Connector, VSONIC released not detachable version.

Detachable version has Copper Cable.
Non-Detachable version has Silver/Silver Plated Cable.

Sound - After only 1 Hour of Listening. I may update after some more time.

Low End - Pretty much Clean, No Boominess, Accurate. 

Mid - Pretty much Neutral, These are not Mid Forward or Vocal Forward.

High's - Crisp and Clear.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,955 of 4,743
   And today's IEM's are already surpassing the Sound Quality of Many Headphones. 

That's extremely dangerous statement to say on head-fi. And this applies even more to Indian thread, haha. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,958 of 4,743

Well, you'd better be very specific....I have headphones that will blow collective IEMs out of the water...you definitely don't want to start an argument on this forum because I find it turns ugly very soon...

That was just my perspective according to my requirements, I have Sony MDR-v55, Samson SR950, Koss Portapro .. Now all these headphones are around the same price range.
However the problem with MDRv55 is unnatural Boomy Bass, Samson SR950 are very good however I can't take those on my Bike trips and can't even lie on bed, those are very big, Koss Portapro entertains everyone in my office not just me .. So my needs are very specific, I just not only want good sound but also they should be Portable, Comfortable, Discreet.
With VSD's I can wear helmet, Sleep or do pretty much anything and I don't miss the sound of Headphones ..

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,959 of 4,743
  hehehe .. Many headphones means Sub 50-60$ Headphones .. ..

Haha dangerous waters bro! 

Got a chance to audition the whole Zero Audio range today, albeit very briefly. Very good VFM products across the whole range, I'd single out the Doppio for some serious praise, sounded really good. A friend really liked the Duoza, but the larger housing made it hard for me to get a good fit.

Will look at Zero Audio again when I get tired of my current IEM which is the Tenore  that @EISENbricher had good things to say about. No more audio upgrades this year, overdid things in the last few months! 

Also got a chance to try out the prototype of Lear Audio's NSS IEM. It's a prototype in ever sense, it featured only a single bass driver from one of their customs and not the full range single driver that would go into the production model. It was on display to showcase the technology more than the IEM itself. Hit the switch and you're suddenly enveloped by the music, feels quite odd at first but there's a different sense of stage (depth in particular) when compared to having the NSS function turned off. I guess I have to hear the same recording on a decent speaker setup to determine if the NSS is closer to a speaker like sound. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,961 of 4,743
Hey congrats on your Vsonic purchase Abhinav!
I'm sure you'll enjoy them a lot, most probably performing way ahead of their price bracket. Just like my experience with VSD1S.

Enjoy.
And don't get into a Headphones vs IEM's war here! A certain Chennai-ite gentleman swears by full size cans, and so do I for that matter (till I hear TOTL IEMs that is).

Cheers & happy listening!

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #1,963 of 4,743

Well, you'd better be very specific....I have headphones that will blow collective IEMs out of the water...you definitely don't want to start an argument on this forum because I find it turns ugly very soon...

You can't compare headphones you are talking about with earphones in the range of $50-60 range. Show some mercy maybe.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,965 of 4,743
I am myself is a big IEM fan, but I'd attribute that to the constraints I face. Most of my listening time is while I am commuting, or when I am working in office. Both the times I can not wear headphones. Other times I don't have an air conditioner and I live in Mumbai, you should get idea. Wearing a headphone is a suffocating experience in this kind of weather. Otherwise whenever I got to try a good headphone I always loved it. I kind of envy the soundstage and thump a headphone is able to produce when compared with IEMs.

That said, I'll still buy ATH-M50x when I get transfer to Pune, for which I'm really trying : ) 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back