Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,906 of 4,743
OK... I am having a good feeling already!... :)

by the way I will be having my new laptop (hp beats audio) in a week. Some say it is nice. some say it is crap. i plan to use some sort of USB solution + Audio Technica ATH AD500X some later time (sooner than later)... Just saying. More on it shortly  :wink:

... or i shall ask right away: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. plz correct me if anything, I am doing wrong

1. I game about 4 hours a week (anything that interests me)

2. My music collection is 50% 160 kbps MP3s... some go upto 320 kbps. I would listen to them 3 hours a day and 8 hours on weekdays.

I would have another 13000 to spare. what should I do to my laptop? It would be nice if I can use it with an android phone (not sure about the model).

I want to hear from you... Curiousity lol!

Lolol this is dangerously similar to mine. Me too have HP beats, I play games for about same time per week.

HP beats audio is on the warmer side, and it's really better than other onboard solutions. Though I feel it lacks what an audiophile wants. For example details could be better on those.

I'd suggest buying a decent low cost dac, like ELE-D01 and pairing it with a portable amp such as Topping NX1. The amp can also serve you while outdoors. Another option is integrated DAC+AMP, such as Fiio E17.

I use creative sound blaster with Foobar2000, kernel streaming enabled. Output is really detailed with wide soundstage.

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,907 of 4,743
Lolol this is dangerously similar to mine. Me too have HP beats, I play games for about same time per week.

HP beats audio is on the warmer side, and it's really better than other onboard solutions. Though I feel it lacks what an audiophile wants. For example details could be better on those.

I'd suggest buying a decent low cost dac, like ELE-D01 and pairing it with a portable amp such as Topping NX1. The amp can also serve you while outdoors. Another option is integrated DAC+AMP, such as Fiio E17.

I use creative sound blaster with Foobar2000, kernel streaming enabled. Output is really detailed with wide soundstage.

I see...
I shall update you...OK

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #1,908 of 4,743

by the way I will be having my new laptop (hp beats audio) in a week. Some say it is nice. some say it is crap. i plan to use some sort of USB solution + Audio Technica ATH AD500X some later time (sooner than later)... Just saying. More on it shortly  :wink:

... or i shall ask right away: I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. plz correct me if anything, I am doing wrong

2. My music collection is 50% 160 kbps MP3s... some go upto 320 kbps. I would listen to them 3 hours a day and 8 hours on weekdays.

I would have another 13000 to spare. what should I do to my laptop? It would be nice if I can use it with an android phone (not sure about the model).

Hello there,

Fellow Keralite here. Welcome to head-fi.

Seeing your preferences, you could probably invest in a USB DAC + amp combo device like the FiiO E07k, which I have. Great budget model, great sound, great value.
So I'd probably invest around half of your 13000 into this and the other half on a better headphone, especially since we're getting great value headphones around the 7-8k price range. As a heads up, if you're patient enough, you could order a Philips Fidelio L1 for around 120 USD plus customs (if required) through amazon or eBay. I've been drooling over this but am saving myself some cash to get the Fidelio L2 later this year if all goes well.

Cheers

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,909 of 4,743
Been here for a while but didn't notice this thread until today.
Happy to join in
L3000.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,910 of 4,743

As far as integrated DAC+AMP units go, how about the E18? It will work with a laptop/desktop as well as an android phone (with OTG). Also, it sounds more neutral compared to the E17.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,911 of 4,743
Hello there,

Seeing your preferences, you could probably invest in a USB DAC + amp combo device like the FiiO E07k, which I have. Great budget model, great sound, great value.
So I'd probably invest around half of your 13000 into this and the other half on a better headphone, especially since we're getting great value headphones around the 7-8k price range. As a heads up, if you're patient enough, you could order a Philips Fidelio L1 for around 120 USD plus customs (if required) through amazon or eBay. I've been drooling over this but am saving myself some cash to get the Fidelio L2 later this year if all goes well.

Cheers

I wont blame you for drooling. Both L1 and L2 are beautiful. L1 is available on amazon.in for 15000 :frowning2:   I need to go through more reviews.

Are there more mallus here?

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #1,912 of 4,743

As far as integrated DAC+AMP units go, how about the E18? It will work with a laptop/desktop as well as an android phone (with OTG). Also, it sounds more neutral compared to the E17.

It would be nice if I could try surround sound once in a while. I might go that rout... what about Creative SBX Pro Studio?

Has been reading about DTS Headphone X.... Lenovo A700 has dolby atmos.... 

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,913 of 4,743

Hello there,

Cheers

It would be nice if I could try surround sound once in a while. I might go that rout... what about Creative SBX Pro Studio?

Has been reading about DTS Headphone X.... Lenovo A700 has dolby atmos.... 

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #1,914 of 4,743
I wont blame you for drooling. Both L1 and L2 are beautiful. L1 is available on amazon.in for 15000 :frowning2:   I need to go through more reviews.

Are there more mallus here?

I think you can get a better deal than 15k INR if you look out on eBay US or amazon.com. There are other models as well, so you needn't make a hurried purchase.

I don't know about other 'mallus' here, haven't come across any yet. But I'm sure as they say, since there was a mallu on the Moon running a tea shop when Mr Armstrong and co landed there and tried to plonk their US flag onto the ground, there are more of them here as well!

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,916 of 4,743
Welcome, new members : ) 

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,918 of 4,743
I am a Malayalee.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,920 of 4,743
There are many malayalees in this business but not particularly headphones.

diyaudiocart.com is one of the most amazing sites for all things audio in all of India. Check it out. Owned by a Malayalee as well.

They also do a lot of custom work like building speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back