Rocoo - Amp & MP3 Player in one tiny package
Mar 24, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newfier, tell me why a portable player has to be 'paired' with earphones so it doesn't hiss? That makes no sense. People shouldn't have to go out and buy new earphones just so their player doesn't hiss - that is poor.

People should be able to enjoy their earphones - all of them. Naturally some will sound better than others, but dear me, I have never used such fussy players from any company, ever.

I quite agree with this sentiment: the source should play nice with the biggest range of headphones, not the other way around.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I quite agree with this sentiment: the source should play nice with the biggest range of headphones, not the other way around.

I'd normally agree with you on this point, but the difference here is that theyre releasing two players, each identical apart from one having a more powerful amp to better drive larger headphones. I see that as a sort of loophole to the sentiment.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #18 of 30
Face it, these players aren't ready for prime time, and they need work. Kill the beta releases, and get on w/the real DAP's.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it preloaded or did you download it from somewhere? I haven't seen any links anywhere in their homepage.

I have got the firmware directly from hisoundaudio.
Also btw I take back what I said about button noise... it is still there.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #20 of 30
Is the default Chinese and channelswap fixed on the new firmware? I got to contact Hisound and ask them for the new firmware
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kill the beta releases, and get on w/the real DAP's.

absolutely agree. I'm not buying another hisound product until it's been available for months and i know everything there is to know about it, and it all sounds good.

I like my amp3, but just not enough.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the default Chinese and channelswap fixed on the new firmware? I got to contact Hisound and ask them for the new firmware
smily_headphones1.gif

Fortunately, Default language on boot up is ENGLISH~ not Chinese(nothing against the language itself)

Channel swap is still present however TT

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had high hopes for this little player.

And why is that? I did, but only for the reason that HiSound had awakened a desire for an audiophile player. But I am quite convinced that in their current ignorance of market needs, they will not make that player.

The Rocoo could have been great, but its state now (even in beta production) is far, far beyond reparable. It DOES perform a little better than the AMP3 with low Ω earphones, but at the expense of volume which will for many, be too loud. The hiss is as bad, the interface maybe even worse. It seems unfortunately, that the Rocoo has been built on dreams rather than principles of engineering and economy.

I don't think anyone at HF cares if a machine is a rebranded anything; what matters is that it works better or comes at a much better price than the original. In the case of the Rocoo, I don't see that happening, at least of HiSound remain aloof, creating products on dreams rather than practicalities of research and follow through.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newfier, tell me why a portable player has to be 'paired' with earphones so it doesn't hiss? That makes no sense. People shouldn't have to go out and buy new earphones just so their player doesn't hiss - that is poor.

People should be able to enjoy their earphones - all of them. Naturally some will sound better than others, but dear me, I have never used such fussy players from any company, ever.

This is a fact of life
tongue.gif
hones sound different with different players,even you had said so above!I have rocoo;out of curiosity I bought Cube C30(30$) - after comparing both:UI is different,much better in rocoo.But C30 has: "Hi-Fi mp3 player" printed on it as well as BBE;rocoo has modest"A Class inside"; 16G micro card works in both;I like sound of both,but prefer rocoo,I use hippovb and JVC/Victor in-ear(micro-drive)FXC50.And....I completly don't understand what this commotion is about???

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sashava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have rocoo;out of curiosity I bought Cube C30(30$)

Where did you get Cube C30 for $30? Please tell me, I want one.
Another poster said, Cube C30 and Rocoo sound identical when all effect turned off, did you do that? I guess our ears are different.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #27 of 30
I just found Cube website, 51cube.com.
I found most of their players have multiple firmware update. Although I don't know how much improvement they have done to their other players, it is nice to know they updated their players a few times.
If Rocoo and Cube C30 are the same, I'd go for Cube and a large size micro SD card; especially when Cube C3 can be had for $30. Fingers crossed.

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact you don't need to have too much of grumbles. There are two versions of ROCOO, I have tested ROCOO-B which has no any hiss with the high sensitive phones to my ear.

Why make a wrong paring?

This is what I was responding to: 'wrong pairing'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sashava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a fact of life
tongue.gif
hones sound different with different players,even you had said so above!I have rocoo;out of curiosity I bought Cube C30(30$) - after comparing both:UI is different,much better in rocoo.But C30 has: "Hi-Fi mp3 player" printed on it as well as BBE;rocoo has modest"A Class inside"; 16G micro card works in both;I like sound of both,but prefer rocoo,I use hippovb and JVC/Victor in-ear(micro-drive)FXC50.And....I completly don't understand what this commotion is about???

Here is another fact of life: some people/companies will just make products to doff to the market. You need B or A version to sound good with this phone and for the best with sensitive phones, you need C. If you have all three, you will be in heaven.

That isn't a fact of life. I know HiSound employees here hate that I mention the lowly Fuze or iPod touch, but neither of those players have as much trouble as the Rocoo with low or high impedance headphones. Their hiss is much less too. The same goes with portable amps: 95% of them sound great with low or high impedance headphones - there is no reason to have to 'get a good pair'. Yes, certain players have a hard time with low ohm earphones, but at least they don't hiss as much and can drive the earphones with few to no artefacts.

I'll have to say that I don't 'get' it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #29 of 30
Hisound need to up their game and stop trying to sell us overpriced crap!!....get your firmware and house in order..... or no one is going to touch your products....employee trolls take note....

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #30 of 30

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kill the beta releases, and get on w/the real DAP's.

absolutely agree. I'm not buying another hisound product until it's been available for months and i know everything there is to know about it, and it all sounds good.

I like my amp3, but just not enough.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back