Rock's Greatest Double Album
Aug 11, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #61 of 84
White Album for me.

The Wall is a great accomplishment, but I don't particularly like the way it makes me feel.

Electric Ladyland is one of my absolute favorites. Ladyland is truly brilliant psychedelia. And, it has the greatest cover song ever. Dylan, at that.

The White Album - crazy, silly, beautiful, brilliant. I'm intimately familiar with the whole thing. All of it. Two discs of loosely wound perfection.

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #62 of 84
I voted for London Calling, but I miss Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything on the list. An amazing record!

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #63 of 84
Paul Westerberg - Stereo/Mono

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #64 of 84
Great album selection. Exile got my vote not only because it's my favorite of the set, but because it's one of the best classic rock recordings ever. Next in line would be God Hendrix!

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The White Album" Minus "#9"

Why? Because of the backtrackings of the song? Or you just don't like the song in general?

I picked led zeppelin's physical graffitti because it has a sound that is different from LZ's collection. You can tell what zeppelin songs are from graffitti right away. One of my favorite albums of all time for sure!

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #66 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I expected to see "Wheels Of Fire" by Cream....

Me too. Every self-respecting air-guitarist should be able to play the live version of Spoonfull.

Aug 12, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #68 of 84
I love Yes' Tales From Topographic Oceans.

Aug 12, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #69 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fragile - NIN, but hey, I am biased.

NIN is rock?? Even if it was, uhhh... well, nevermind....

Out of the list here I will definitely have to go with The Wall, and since I can't immediately come up with a worthy "other" I think that might do it for me.

Aug 12, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by big_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? Because of the backtrackings of the song? Or you just don't like the song in general?

I picked led zeppelin's physical graffitti because it has a sound that is different from LZ's collection. You can tell what zeppelin songs are from graffitti right away. One of my favorite albums of all time for sure!

I hear White Album well. It is double album favorite.
However, only "Revolution 9" does Skip.

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #71 of 84
Hmm... White Album inspired mass-murder. That's some serious influence.

I voted for Physical Graffiti, but The BEATLES is sure hard to argue against.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #72 of 84
Gothic+Kabbalah.jpg

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #74 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by 351Cleveland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Physical Graffiti for me, with honorable mention going to Tales From Topographic Oceans.

The Wall was a bigger hit than those, but I'd add The Song Remains the same and Yessongs for a 5 best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back