Rockna Wavelight
Jun 1, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #556 of 1,586
Welcome to the Club. Unfortunately I can't Assist with the PC problem :frowning2:
Thanks! I read the context wrong at first and thought you meant the club of people with problems with their PC audio haha! It sounds great through audirvana, will probably get a server at some point. Is your signature correct in that you already have a wavelight server?

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #557 of 1,586
Thanks! I read the context wrong at first and thought you meant the club of people with problems with their PC audio haha! It sounds great through audirvana, will probably get a server at some point. Is your signature correct in that you already have a wavelight server?
I meant to welcome you to the Club of Rockna Wavelight owners.
It's an amazing DAC.

I have the Wavelight Server on pre order since last November. Didn't expect it to get delayed that long, when I added it to the signature.
Similar Applies to the listed Norne Vykari interconnects...
... I do however have the I2S cable which still has no use so far.

Currently I use a tablet/Smartphone with UAPP via USB. So I expect the Server to be a noteable upgrade.

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #559 of 1,586
I'm sure it will all be worth the wait. I've been eyeing some Norne cables myself, maybe I should order them sooner than I had planned!
You should order them right away, lead Times are quite long since 2020.
On the other Hand that's also the only negative thing about Norne.
Totally recommend it for people with patience.

If you do so, inquire via email and not the Webshop. Most cables aren't shown in the shop.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #562 of 1,586
I am waiting too
I don't know why release new firmware it takes so long...
May be because it takes time to develop and test. Company wouldn’t want some buggy thing to be released in market in haste. Also it’s not like previous firmware has some major bug and hence they are taking their time.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #563 of 1,586
May be because it takes time to develop and test. Company wouldn’t want some buggy thing to be released in market in haste. Also it’s not like previous firmware has some major bug and hence they are taking their time.
last i heard in february, they already had a connection issue fix, but they wanted to bundle in some other changes..

Jun 2, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #564 of 1,586
I think I've reached the end stage of my Wavelight's burn-in period. I sat down during my lunch break to listen to a few tunes, and instead of thinking critically about how the sound could be improved, I was fully engrossed in the music and regretted having to put my headphones down and resume work.

Wavelight and I hit a rough patch for a while, but after spending some quality time together, the two of us have made up. I'm glad we got together. :dt880smile:

Jun 2, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #565 of 1,586
Wavelight and I hit a rough patch for a while, but after spending some quality time together, the two of us have made up. I'm glad we got together. :dt880smile:

It reads like a marriage story :D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #566 of 1,586
Hello, new wavelight owner here. Currently I just have my windows 10 PC hooked up via usb. When I play music from audirvana it works great, however if I go to watch videos or play games I get a ton of modulation roughly every 10 seconds. I can't figure out what's causing it. The filters and phase don't seem to make any difference. I downloaded the usb and asio drivers.
Did you try changing the clock (on the Rockna ) to the steamer? (or remote or whatever it is call.. ie, not the local one.)
That can help with sync issues.. but i'm not sure about what you are seeing.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #567 of 1,586
Did you try changing the clock (on the Rockna ) to the steamer? (or remote or whatever it is call.. ie, not the local one.)
That can help with sync issues.. but i'm not sure about what you are seeing.
I turned a bunch of things off in the windows volume mixer and it stopped. Looking now though the noise is gone but the settings are back to where they were. I'm not sure what the issue was but it seems to be gone.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #568 of 1,586
20210607_141034-01.jpeg

Christmas came about a few months early.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #569 of 1,586
20210607_141034-01.jpeg

Nice picture with both units stacked.
Curious about your incoming sound impressions.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #570 of 1,586

Finally someone who has both of the these great DAC's. Eagerly waiting impressions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back