Rockna Wavelight
Apr 12, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #1,576 of 1,586
@Clemmaster , @TBMY I have never been able to make zen stream playback DSD256 files using native mobile app. Can't tell you how it works with Roon since I have never used it that way. The zen stream thread on head-fi is full of reports of unstable software and constat stream of bugs in basic functionality. My is running some old beta version of firmware as former ifi dealer told me to better stick with firmware that works for you. Glad to hear other users had a different expirence. Oh one more thing, ifi acknowledge some time ago that the magic knob at the back of zen stream really does nothing.

P.S.: WLS has null problem with DSD files playback including DSD256.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #1,577 of 1,586
I recall some talks a while ago about the HDMI/i2s socket on the DAC loosening up over time, especially with something like the Tubulus i2s IC. Does anyone have any DIY suggestions for keeping the interconnect more securely plugged in?

Pics attached. Coincidentally, I have no issues when using the Pink Faun i2s, just the Tubulus Concentus.

IMG_7528 3.jpgIMG_7529 3.jpg
IMG_7530 3.jpg

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #1,578 of 1,586
I recall some talks a while ago about the HDMI/i2s socket on the DAC loosening up over time, especially with something like the Tubulus i2s IC. Does anyone have any DIY suggestions for keeping the interconnect more securely plugged in?

Pics attached. Coincidentally, I have no issues when using the Pink Faun i2s, just the Tubulus Concentus.

IMG_7530 3.jpg
Thick cables have their own will, you have to follow. You can't just bend them as you wish. Your cable is too short for the distance. Push the two boxes closer, that few cm/inch might be enough. When not, consider to put the boxes one over the other. Or get a longer cable.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #1,579 of 1,586

IMG_7530 3.jpg

close the gap between the components? that cable looks a bit short to accommodate for the bends u require at that positioning. sometimes I stack a few lego bricks and place them below the connectors if they are loose or sag (like with heavier cables or power cords).

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #1,580 of 1,586
Thick cables have their own will, you have to follow. You can't just bend them as you wish. Your cable is too short for the distance. Push the two boxes closer, that few cm/inch might be enough. When not, consider to put the boxes one over the other. Or get a longer cable.

close the gap between the components? that cable looks a bit short to accommodate for the bends u require at that positioning. sometimes I stack a few lego bricks and place them below the connectors if they are loose or sag (like with heavier cables or power cords).
Thanks gents. I should have mentioned as I did in the other thread that I did try stacking the components on top of one another to close the distance, yet the connection still feels a bit wobbly, albeit at least straighter.

I’ll figure out rearranging the set up again so that the cable alignment is more natural. :thumbsup:

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #1,581 of 1,586
Hi guys, I think I read somewhere on the reviews but I cannot find this information - I would like to connect 2 amps to wavelight, to use them both but ofcourse not at the same time. I am currently using RCA outputs and I am thinking to use either XLR for other amp or use a splitter for rca. I think I read somewhere that if I use XLR outputs I cannot use rca but not sure yet if that is true or how it works on wavelight. Anyone use it like this?

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #1,582 of 1,586
Hi guys, I think I read somewhere on the reviews but I cannot find this information - I would like to connect 2 amps to wavelight, to use them both but ofcourse not at the same time. I am currently using RCA outputs and I am thinking to use either XLR for other amp or use a splitter for rca. I think I read somewhere that if I use XLR outputs I cannot use rca but not sure yet if that is true or how it works on wavelight. Anyone use it like this?
You can use both on the Wavelight, even at the same time

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #1,583 of 1,586
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,584 of 1,586
I use XLR to Envy and RCA to MHA200 from the Waveligt at the same time. Works fine.

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #1,585 of 1,586
I use XLR to Envy and RCA to MHA200 from the Waveligt at the same time. Works fine.
Do you have a use case for both?
How does the MHA200 Stick up to the Envy?

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #1,586 of 1,586
Do you have a use case for both?
How does the MHA200 Stick up to the Envy?
I had to think a little bit when do I use the MHA200.
1. When I am in a mood for mid-centric smoothed tonality. It has also slightly less bass and treble extension. Maybe with other tubes the Envy could be tuned here, but I am not (yet) a big tube roller and it is not the point.
2. At comparisons. With new gear, or when friends come around, or when I want to remind myself why I went for the Envy.
3. IEMs. Just for fun. Very rare occasions.
4. Backup, if the Envy is not there.
5. It looks good. Makes the look of the shelf more balanced 😉

20240430_163156_HDR~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back