Rockna Wavelight
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #76 of 1,576
20200714_200859~01~01.jpg

Biggest mess of headphone cabling lol. Need to make some more space for other things somehow

Topping d90, gustard a22, matrix xsabre pro and rockna wavelight. One set of ears .. lol

Attachments

• 20200714_200859~01.jpg
    20200714_200859~01.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #77 of 1,576
Hi there, newbie here.
Is there a difference between the single ended only version and the one that has balanced? Most companies offer both rca and xlr but in this instance, Rocka makes a single ended only version to save you some $. Why would/must one need the balanced version or could most of us live with the single ended only version?

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #78 of 1,576
Hi there, newbie here.
Is there a difference between the single ended only version and the one that has balanced? Most companies offer both rca and xlr but in this instance, Rocka makes a single ended only version to save you some $. Why would/must one need the balanced version or could most of us live with the single ended only version?
The distinction between SE and balanced versions only exists for the bigger brother wavedream.
Not for the wavelight which always comes with both

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #79 of 1,576
Thanks for correcting me.
Wavedream Edition (Reg) Unbalanced is just marginally more than Wavelight so I was considering maybe Wavedream Reg Unbalanced.
Just wondering if there would Wavedream Reg Unbalanced would be better sound quality vs Wavenet and about the same sound quality vs Wavedream Reg balanced.
...or maybe Wavenet might be equal/better than Wavedream Reg..?

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #80 of 1,576
Thanks for correcting me.
Wavedream Edition (Reg) Unbalanced is just marginally more than Wavelight so I was considering maybe Wavedream Reg Unbalanced.
Just wondering if there would Wavedream Reg Unbalanced would be better sound quality vs Wavenet and about the same sound quality vs Wavedream Reg balanced.
...or maybe Wavenet might be equal/better than Wavedream Reg..?
The wavenet is a Streamer complementary to the wavedream DAC.
It is noch DAC itself and has no inputs other than ethernet and USB mass storage.

So the questions Are Mode like
How does the wavelight compare to the wavedream Unbalanced ?
And
How do the balanced and Unbalanced wavedream versions compare to each other?

Additionally to the wavenet, rockna is working on a wavelight streamer

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #84 of 1,576
If anyone is interested my unit is up for sale at audiomart. Not that I don't like it, quite the opposite.

Just going crazy with a new DAC that hopefully will put an end to my quest. I'm sorry already for wallet.

In fact I am also selling my rig in the picture to finance the ordeal.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #85 of 1,576
If anyone is interested my unit is up for sale at audiomart. Not that I don't like it, quite the opposite.

Just going crazy with a new DAC that hopefully will put an end to my quest. I'm sorry already for wallet.

In fact I am also selling my rig in the picture to finance the ordeal.

Well now you have to tell us what DAC that is that is making you sell everything!

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #86 of 1,576
Just going crazy with a new DAC that hopefully will put an end to my quest.

You know and WE know, its temporary....But yes! Please do share what tickles.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #87 of 1,576
I have owned a MSB Analog Dac since 2014. It was the oldest component in my system. I have borrowed a Rockna Wavelight over the weekend. I switched from MSB to Wavelight. I love it. A few words: impressive slam & dynamics, really vibrant textures, incredible voices, really good details, overall very organic and natural tonality, but not dark.

More to come when I have time to write a full review.

Jul 26, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #88 of 1,576
I had both, the Audiobyte combo demo unit did not last more than a few days, the Wavelight it's a joy to listen to. Transparent is the most obvious word.

what differences you got with Wavelight vs new Audiobyte combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back