Rockna Wavelight
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #617 of 1,645
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #618 of 1,645
Long story short..
I preferred Wavelight + Innuos phoenix to Dave.
Wavelight + phoenix + hqplayer pcm sincM lns15 was almost identical to Dave + mscaler.
And I preferred Dave alone vs Dave + mscaler.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #621 of 1,645
Looks like it is pepper @Roasty with questions day... sorry if I missed it, but did you end up making a final decision as to which you preferred between the Wavelight and May?

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #622 of 1,645
I have begun the face-off between the Rockna Wavelight and the Denafrips Terminator Plus. Both are R2R DACs, but they’re very different sounding.

They’re equally great with details. So far the major differences are: Terminator Plus = richer and smoother, Wavelight = livelier and more dynamic.

Lots of listening ahead to decide which one stays and which one goes.

Two great options. Can't go wrong with either choice. If you don't already have one, see if you can get your hands on a Denafrips DDC, so you can engage the clock out feature of the TPlus and experience that nice uptick in sound quality. It really is a cool feature.

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #623 of 1,645
@Roasty Did Wavelight have smoother highs and more "meat" than Dave?

Both had smooth highs. actually both are really good dacs, just that their presentation of music is different. i just prefer how the Wavelight conveys it.

Looks like it is pepper @Roasty with questions day... sorry if I missed it, but did you end up making a final decision as to which you preferred between the Wavelight and May?

The May actually leans more towards the Chord/Dave sound IMO. Although i am keeping the May, I still have preference for the Wavelight. If i could, I would be pairing the May with the WA33, and the Rockna with my other solid state components. The May and WA33 are a really beautiful sounding match. Unfortunately, the May runs so damn hot, i can't place it in the home theatre console out in the lounge..

Jul 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #624 of 1,645
@Roasty as always, is my hero. Making the stuff i do seem totally normal.
yes, running a class a tube amp for home theater ... yep totally normal. Everyone would do that. check!

i'm here if any one needs to normalize sopra n2 and rockna for video games :)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #625 of 1,645
Jul 11, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #626 of 1,645
Ha! Remembered in the early 90s hooking my PC w/ SB 16 to our stereo system w/ sub playing Doom!. And our neighbor was always complaining of the "war videos" we are always playing..... Good Times!

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #627 of 1,645
sooooo... did the wavelight server come out yet? I always feels like it is a month or two away. (then years pass...)

Jul 17, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #628 of 1,645
sooooo... did the wavelight server come out yet? I always feels like it is a month or two away. (then years pass...)
in my opinion if the Rockna brand name do not appear on roon ready matrix official page, is better wait to it. Bad experience about Aqua LinQ looking since the beginning roon approved but at the end Aqua decide to leave the roon partnership. Some customers very dissapoint this and selled out the LinQ. Now they found a workaround via HQplayer... but...

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #629 of 1,645
Not yet, the waiting continues.

You can bet on me Posting here as soon as it's released. Pre ordered it in last November

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #630 of 1,645
I‘m not sure how long it has been there waiting for me, but the remote app had a update this morning. It was a scary nervous update as the last time I had a remote update, it bricked my Wavelight and I had to ship it out to get fixed (It was just 2 weeks old then lol). This time the update worked flawlessly …. Whew. This update added fine balance control and now I notice a volume mode. I can choose analog or hybrid for volume mode. Any one know the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back