Rockna Wavelight
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #421 of 1,645
Are you still using the Holo May KTE with the mz3 or another amp? Thanks for your time!

Yup, I still use the MZ3 with the May KTE. Same tubes as well. (In my signature)

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #422 of 1,645
Yup, I still use the MZ3 with the May KTE. Same tubes as well. (In my signature)
Ok, my apologies. I wasn't sure. Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 27, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #424 of 1,645
Anyone compare Wavelight to Hugo TT2?

Less bright. Bit Less detail. More density to the sound. I prefer the tonal balance of the Rockna. TT2 has a very capable headphone out.

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #425 of 1,645
Hey guys. So my Wavelight arrived last week. It had the V1.06 firmware and I updated it to 1.10 yesterday and also updated the control firmware from the app to the V1.28. After the updates, my device is having trouble locking the connection with digital sources. I have to select a different digital input and come back to the correct one for the DAC to detect/accept the input data stream.

I am thinking of downgrading the firmware to see if it will fix the issue. If any of you have the V1.06 firmware, could you please share it with me?

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #426 of 1,645
I have to select a different digital input and come back to the correct one for the DAC to detect/accept the input data stream.

I have to do the same. I just go one cycle (7 clicks up or down) to reselect the input I want.

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #427 of 1,645
@Roasty , actually, yes the same here, I need to go through a full cycle. But I just did some further analysis and found that, I have to hit the ‘Analog’ input option to re-activate the digital handshake. Did you try downgrading the firmware to see if that helped?

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #428 of 1,645
@Roasty , actually, yes the same here, I need to go through a full cycle. But I just did some further analysis and found that, I have to hit the ‘Analog’ input option to re-activate the digital handshake. Did you try downgrading the firmware to see if that helped?

I didn't downgrade the firmware. Thought that would be more of a hassle than just pressing a few buttons rarely/occasionally. So I decided to just leave it as it is.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #429 of 1,645
Updating the firmware is a scary proposition LOL. I finally upgraded the firmware to 1.10 and was relieved when it went through. When I updated the app software, it bricked my Wavelight and I had to send it out to be repaired.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #431 of 1,645
I didn't downgrade the firmware. Thought that would be more of a hassle than just pressing a few buttons rarely/occasionally. So I decided to just leave it as it is.
I see, thanks. I have sent an email to Rockna. Let's see what they say.
Updating the firmware is a scary proposition LOL. I finally upgraded the firmware to 1.10 and was relieved when it went through. When I updated the app software, it bricked my Wavelight and I had to send it out to be repaired.
Knowing what happened with your unit, I was highly hesitant to do the update, especially the control firmware update. When the update was over and the unit turned on, I was glad that everything went smooth. But I had no idea there was a surprise waiting for me.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #432 of 1,645
Actually my experience with the Updates is the complete opposite.
For me they were extremely robust, if it terminated in an error, it was like nothing happened.

Never was less afraid of bricking my gear with a Firmware update than I was here.

My gripe with the Rockna is, that my galaxy S10 refuses to connect with it. I always have to use a tablet or my working phone for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back