Rockna Wavedream DAC
Jan 8, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #196 of 345
has anyone had a chance compare Rockna wd to AGD r7he/r7he mk2? I heard short story it's more analogue, texture and real sound compare to Rockna...sometimes Rockna is too bright/agressive... will I miss a lot downgrade to AGD TOTL?...

Jan 13, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #198 of 345
I'm looking to upgrade my Edition to a Signature Balanced version. If anyone thinks of selling one please let me know (US based). Thanks!

EDIT - Found one.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #200 of 345
I didn't see a separate thread about the WD NET so I'm going to ask here. I tried to use Airplay to listen to music from my phone with the WD NET and it's asking for a password, does anyone know what the password is?

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #201 of 345
deleted

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #203 of 345
Just heard back from Rockna confirming that i2s is the best connection for the Wavedream, thought I'd share that.

cool. have a pink faun i2s just waiting to be hooked up between the Net and the WD. still waiting on the Net.. hopefully within the next few days.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #204 of 345
cool. have a pink faun i2s just waiting to be hooked up between the Net and the WD. still waiting on the Net.. hopefully within the next few days.
Nice I was about to ask for some recommendations from anyone who tried I2S cables and different sources.
I'm going to try a some stuff over the next few weeks and compare.
Currently going through some downsizing so I'm thinking I might land on a Holo Red for now (basically a light version raspberry pi with a DDC module with I2S and linear power supplies) but am open to try a few other things (maybe find a DDC for my Sonore ultraRendu).
For cables I have a generic HDMI cable, a Audioquest Carbon I2S and have been reading about Tubulus cables. Will check out the Pink Faun but I think that'll be too expensive for now. Any other recommendations?

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #205 of 345
Nice I was about to ask for some recommendations from anyone who tried I2S cables and different sources.
I'm going to try a some stuff over the next few weeks and compare.
Currently going through some downsizing so I'm thinking I might land on a Holo Red for now (basically a light version raspberry pi with a DDC module with I2S and linear power supplies) but am open to try a few other things (maybe find a DDC for my Sonore ultraRendu).
For cables I have a generic HDMI cable, a Audioquest Carbon I2S and have been reading about Tubulus cables. Will check out the Pink Faun but I think that'll be too expensive for now. Any other recommendations?

I've not tried many hdmi/i2s cables. I had the AQ Carbon, tubulus argentus, Phasure i2s and now the PF i2s. if you value low noise floor, clarity and immediacy and like some tinkering, the Phasure is a really good cable for the money. the PF is a bit more laid back, and overall more lush sounding to me, more pleasant and organic. tubulus is slightly more forward presentation, somewhere in between Phasure and PF but more towards Phasure side. phasure sounded the most neutral/clinical/transparent.

I'd say the tubulus i2s is a pretty safe choice. not too pricey and build quality is good. somewhat stiff cable tho. I'm a bit shallow and didn't really care for the aesthetic ie purple accents and awkward looking hdmi connector housing. I stayed with the Pink Faun because I think it suits my main hps more.

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #206 of 345
52850929340_25b8e4379a_k.jpg
52850720929_e23b912fec_k.jpg
52849960167_c4db24ecb6_k.jpg

Wavedream NET just arrived!
hefty unit. solid! remote feels very nice. tried it with the dac and it's very responsive; much nicer than clicking the buttons on the dac unit.
sadly, can't really use the NET until sometime next month.. don't have a decent ethernet point where my rig is currently at (in laws are visiting and they're using the guest room where my stack usually is..).

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #207 of 345
52850929340_25b8e4379a_k.jpg52850720929_e23b912fec_k.jpg52849960167_c4db24ecb6_k.jpg

hefty unit. solid! remote feels very nice. tried it with the dac and it's very responsive; much nicer than clicking the buttons on the dac unit.
sadly, can't really use the NET until sometime next month.. don't have a decent ethernet point where my rig is currently at (in laws are visiting and they're using the guest room where my stack usually is..).
Congrats! That's a chunky unit for sure.
Looks like the same remote I have with my WD Sig DAC. I actually preferred the metal remote I had with the Edition before it.
You don't have a remote for your DAC?

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #208 of 345
52850929340_25b8e4379a_k.jpg52850720929_e23b912fec_k.jpg52849960167_c4db24ecb6_k.jpg

Congrats! your system is getting more and more amazing 👍🏼

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #209 of 345
Congrats! That's a chunky unit for sure.
Looks like the same remote I have with my WD Sig DAC. I actually preferred the metal remote I had with the Edition before it.
You don't have a remote for your DAC?

I think my dac came with a remote.. I really can't remember. I must have left it in the box.. :sweat_smile:

Congrats! your system is getting more and more amazing 👍🏼

Thanks dude! I think the same of your rigs too! :thumbsup:

Apr 27, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #210 of 345
I thought only WD Dac comes with remote and Net doesn’t come with one. It though this was odd from distributor since Net has a cad player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back