RockMEE beats my Fuze!
Jan 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Orange1

100+ Head-Fier
Here I was a disgruntled loser missing that Sonys639 that was 65 bucks sale. I wanted the screen, very much, that is why I wanted to try it out with its 2 inch screen for slideshow.

So because I was in *buy* mode--you all know about that lol, I went and got a RockMEE 8gb with a 3 inch screen.

Well at first I thought it was a bit under the Fuze SQ. If the Clip and Fuze is a perfect 10 and the Zen Vision M I had for awhile was a 6.5, I put the RockMEE at an 8.5. That was until I played all the EQ's. I have on the RockMEE the PlayFX on LEQ setting and it absolutely trumps the Fuze. Oh, I am listening on my CZ's (the Panasonic 900's). This little player is a beautiful thing. Am very happy I bought it.

AS for the screen--it is a delight. I've yet to learn how to put a movie on it, but I will come back here after I figured it out and let you know how that went.

So that's it for now.

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 11
After considering it I didn't think it right that I was going by memory of how the RockMEE was sounding in comparison to the Fuze. So I got my Fuze and I cued up the same exact track and then tried to get it at the same volume. Then I plugged and unplugged back and forth to listen to the difference between the two.

Allright it doesn't trump the Fuze, but it doesn't lose to it either. The Fuze has a warmer sound, more timber. And the RockMEE sounds colder and more forward I guess. In earphones I'd say the Fuze are the M9's and the RockMEE are the M6? I dunno, that might be a stupid comparison.

So, that's it for now.

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 11
And now the dealbreaker for me.

In quiet, laying in bed, which I'm apt to do the RockMEE is too loud. I have my CZ's at volume number 1 and of course it can't be turned down, only off. This player has power and is LOUD.

So I wrestled with, maybe different phones, but I love the Panasonic 900's. That is what I want to listen with.

So the MEElectronic RockMEE must go. I will put them on the forum for sale and remain content with my FUZE because I can listen as quietly as I need on it.

Sigh. That'll learn me for thinking the grass is always greener.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 11
Yes It is a great value brand new, and at 55 my used one is an even greater value. If my Panasonic 900's didn't sound so perfect out of my FUZE, I would keep the RockMEE, the screen is beautiful. But I have limited funds and cannot keep a stable of electronics. After selling the RockMEE I own the Fuze, the Cyclones PR1 Pro, and the Panasonic 900's. But someone who has been hankering after a clear 3 inch screen without being a touchscreen and needing something that can really drive a phone is gonna really enjoy the MEElectronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back