Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jun 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,036 of 1,205
Quote:
R-50 > HF5 > SE215 for me.

Ya that's kind of what I think. I love the SE215 because they are super rugged and have decent sound, but the low end is muddy. The HF5 and R-50 have anemic bass but it is clear. I am not sure if I find the R-50 too bright though. The HF5 are definitely accurate and revealing but I remember finding their sound to be thin.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #1,037 of 1,205
Quote:

Ya that's kind of what I think. I love the SE215 because they are super rugged and have decent sound, but the low end is muddy. The HF5 and R-50 have anemic bass but it is clear. I am not sure if I find the R-50 too bright though. The HF5 are definitely accurate and revealing but I remember finding their sound to be thin.

Gotta check out the 400's.  Bass not muddy or anemic but clear.  Not too bright nor thin.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,039 of 1,205
Quote:
If you're referring to the RE-400, I fully agree!

Overall SQ a bit below R-50 for me, but it is a bit cheaper and it seems like you'll (badhack) like the sound signature more

Thanks emospence and Iwien, I have looked at many, many headphones but for some reason have not looked at hifiman before. I'll check them out!

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,042 of 1,205
I have the r50 and love them! I had the mee a161p side by side and sent the mee back the next day! I am not saying the a161p is bad, but the soundstage and highs on the r50 just opened up the "ceiling" for me.
However, I am now wishing the r50 reached a little lower, so now I am looking into a multi BA setup that wont sacrifice the detail and the highs, but just go deeper. The Audio Technica ck100 seems a logical step in that direction, probably the ck100 pro but that is roughly 3x cost!! My search continues....

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,043 of 1,205
Quote:
I have the r50 and love them! I had the mee a161p side by side and sent the mee back the next day! I am not saying the a161p is bad, but the soundstage and highs on the r50 just opened up the "ceiling" for me.
However, I am now wishing the r50 reached a little lower, so now I am looking into a multi BA setup that wont sacrifice the detail and the highs, but just go deeper. The Audio Technica ck100 seems a logical step in that direction, probably the ck100 pro but that is roughly 3x cost!! My search continues....

The ATH-CKS1000 thread and the "Discovery thread..." may provide useful information in that search.  Just search for "CK100" on those threads to see what comes out.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,045 of 1,205
Quote:
Great advice, thanks! The r50 is such a value champ! I really dont know if I will find a better bang for the buck.

RE-400 is considered one of the best IEM's for performance per dollar spent as well.  It is considered THE value champ by many, but as with anything else,  value is very subjective and only valid if you place value on the specific attributes.

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #1,046 of 1,205
New in the RockIt Sound family, and I'm very pleased with the sound.
Following the idea of buying Comply eartips, I've just received them this morning and all the issues I had with the R-50 have gone (mostly fit and seal with my right ear).
Good fit, better seal, smoother sound... Really great sound for that price.
Well done Rockit :).

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #1,047 of 1,205
Love the rockit R50...I am glad I bought this IEM. I am thinking of buying a portable amp to boost the bass of this earphones. Not to say there is too little bass (I am not a basshead) but I want to see it's limits. All in all, one great value IEM if analytic sound is your thing. GOOD JOB ROCK IT SOUNDS!!! :p

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,048 of 1,205
Just great after owning for just a week no sound is coming from the right side, now i'm going to be without headphones for another 2 weeks.
mad.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #1,049 of 1,205
I'm not much of an IEM user but i got the R-50 for review here at the moment (thanks to www.audiomagic.eu for the review unit). My first Impression: I really like the mids and these have a uniquely musical representation to them. Is there a fullsize headphone with a similar signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back