Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jul 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,053 of 1,205
I wonder if the Vsonic GR01 has a bit more bass than the R50, because honestly I think my GR01 has the perfect amount of bass. I think they sound great with everything from metal to jazz, to ambient, to dubstep. The GR01 doesn't even drop off that badly in the sub-bass. They are still pretty powerful even down at 30hz. I'm extremely pleased, especially considering the size and the fact that they are balanced armatures. 
Quote:
I wish these had more bass, I can only listen to certain genres with these. They sound great with classical and jazz though.

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #1,055 of 1,205

Quote:
I found that my r50 is very sibilant!anyway to fix it ?
redface.gif

I would suggest ts400 comply tips.  They will fit the R50 and definitely curb the treble.  Personally, these did not work for me as the slight foam overhang kept squishing closed in my tight ear canals, therefore, the sound would cut out.  However, these could be the perfect fit for you 
happy_face1.gif

I have found a perfect fit with the medium klipsch oval tips from my s4i.  They are the right size for the small nozzle of the R50 and install quite easily.  I have also found the klipsch tips to improve the bass response due to the comfortable, and rather effortless, insertion.  Also, they remain seated and comfortable through long and active sessions working outside.  The memory wire has become second nature and the R50 just slips into position now  
atsmile.gif

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #1,056 of 1,205
Quote:
I wonder if the Vsonic GR01 has a bit more bass than the R50, because honestly I think my GR01 has the perfect amount of bass. I think they sound great with everything from metal to jazz, to ambient, to dubstep. The GR01 doesn't even drop off that badly in the sub-bass. They are still pretty powerful even down at 30hz. I'm extremely pleased, especially considering the size and the fact that they are balanced armatures. 

I own both GR01 and R50, both with custom tips. There are two main differences: R50 have better soundstage and more bass. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,057 of 1,205
I would suggest ts400 comply tips.  They will fit the R50 and definitely curb the treble.  Personally, these did not work for me as the slight foam overhang kept squishing closed in my tight ear canals, therefore, the sound would cut out.  However, these could be the perfect fit for you 
happy_face1.gif

I have found a perfect fit with the medium klipsch oval tips from my s4i.  They are the right size for the small nozzle of the R50 and install quite easily.  I have also found the klipsch tips to improve the bass response due to the comfortable, and rather effortless, insertion.  Also, they remain seated and comfortable through long and active sessions working outside.  The memory wire has become second nature and the R50 just slips into position now  
atsmile.gif

I don't know if it work because i did try the etymotic foam and the sibilant still there!

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,058 of 1,205
Anyplace to purchase these? My B2's are RIP, so I'm interested in these guys now.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,060 of 1,205
Aug 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #1,061 of 1,205
Quote:
Anyplace to purchase these? My B2's are RIP, so I'm interested in these guys now.

Quote:
Quote:

Out of stock. Trust me, that was the second place I looked (first was Amazon)

Those are the only two places where the R-50 have been available since Techno Kid introduced us to these IEMs.  Have you looked into the For Sale forum to see if anyone is selling a pair?

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #1,062 of 1,205
Quote:

Those are the only two places where the R-50 have been available since Techno Kid introduced us to these IEMs.  Have you looked into the For Sale forum to see if anyone is selling a pair?

Yep, although I'm not crazy about buying second hand IEM's.

Oh well, I'm perfectly fine snagging another B2 or DBA-02 MkII if these aren't available.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #1,063 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, although I'm not crazy about buying second hand IEM's.

Oh well, I'm perfectly fine snagging another B2 or DBA-02 MkII if these aren't available.

Write the manufacturer an e-mail asking them when they will be available again.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,064 of 1,205
I ordered these earphones from domestic Australian store and they email me that it is no longer available and they will send me new model R50m which is the same as the R-50 with an in-line microphone and remote for use on smartphones. [size=11.0pt]Guys what tips would you sagest for this earphones?[/size]

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,065 of 1,205
So I am thinking about getting these, my only problem is that everyone is saying if your music isn't high quality enough then this well make it sound worse..

So my question is, is 210-224~ kbps good enough? or will it sound bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back