Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
May 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #1,021 of 1,205
I use Comply TS100 foam tips with these. I haven't used them for long periods of time yet, but from about 2-3 hours they seem to fit nicely and don't fall off or anything. I'm getting the best seal I ever had from IEMs with these.
I'm thinking maybe I should have gotten the Tsx100 instead since these don't have wax filters. I guess I'll just have to keep my ears super clean :)
About the memory wire, it did seem uncomfortable at first and it took me a while to realize how I'm supposed to even wear them, but after that it seems ok. Gonna take them on the road tomorrow and see how well they fare with sunglasses on.

May 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #1,022 of 1,205
Regarding the memory wire, until I completely removed it, it would cause a bit of discomfort where it went over my ears. Now? No discomfort at all.

Now if only I could figure out how to prevent discomfort every time I swap out my Ety tri-flanges...

May 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,024 of 1,205
Quote:

Do they fit the nozzles or are they kinda loose?

They fit perfectly.
I'm pretty sure that Comply lists them as compatible with R-50 as well.

At first I had a problem getting them into my ear as well as making the memory wire actually go behind my ear while on the bus or train, but had no trouble to do so at home or at the office. I realized that you pretty much need 2 hands to put them on, one hand to hold the earphone itself inside the ear and the other to adjust the memory wire. I haven't had any trouble with the memory wire since making this realization, except for that slight discomfort of having to use 2 hands to put them on.

May 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,025 of 1,205
Quote:
They fit perfectly.
I'm pretty sure that Comply lists them as compatible with R-50 as well.

At first I had a problem getting them into my ear as well as making the memory wire actually go behind my ear while on the bus or train, but had no trouble to do so at home or at the office. I realized that you pretty much need 2 hands to put them on, one hand to hold the earphone itself inside the ear and the other to adjust the memory wire. I haven't had any trouble with the memory wire since making this realization, except for that slight discomfort of having to use 2 hands to put them on.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, they have a kind of wonky build. I have to fold the memory wire like an upside down V and cram it into the back of my ear to make it stick. It does stay put but it takes a while to make it fit. I think I'll remove the memory cable altogether if I get the Complys.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,026 of 1,205
I had been wearing my R-50 straight down, switching channels (left on right ear and right on left ear) because I could never get the memory wire to stay behind my ears when wearing them over the ear.  Recently, I tried listening to the R-50 wearing them over the ear, and they sounded better than they do when wearing them straight down.  So, I decided to remove the memory wire, and so I did.  Now, I can wear the R-50 in the default position.  Still, it is much easier not to try to place the cables behind the ears.  I just let them hang down from the housing and the R-50 stay easily and comfortably in my ears and look good.

From this experience, I think that the safest and easiest way to remove the memory wire is as follows:

Work from the side that is far from the housing.  Using a utility knife (one with a retractable blade) or just a small knife, carefully cut out enough of the rubber that covers the memory wire so that the end of the memory (metal) wire is exposed.  Cut out enough rubber to expose a portion of the memory wire that is long enough to allow you to hold it with the tip of needle-nose-pliers.  Hold the exposed end of the metal wire with one of those pliers while holding the earphone housing with the other hand and pull the wire.  It should come out easily.  Both of mine did.  If for any reason, it doesn't, I don't know if it would be safe to try to pull harder.  Now, you are done.  Just slide the rubber cover down the audio cables to wherever you want it and your R-50 pair is ready for work.

Trying to remove all of the rubber cover (shell) before removing the memory wire is not needed and could be hard to do and risky for the audio cables inside.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,027 of 1,205
Is there a place to buy these in Canada?

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #1,029 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:
Is there a place to buy these in Canada?

Just order it from the rockitsounds website like everybody else. The price is the same.

What NetOnion is saying here is that these have been available through Amazon.com USA and the manufacturer's website.  Amazon.com USA only delivers to US addresses.  But, the manufacturer's website will deliver internationally and the prices including delivery were the same on both sites.  Now, they cost $10 more on Amazon.com.

Even though I ordered through Amazon.com, my package came from China via EMS and arrived in about 4 days.  So, it seems like there was not a big difference as to which site I bought it from.  The declared value for my package was $1.  That was in the end of April, 2012.  I and other people told the supplier to increase that value to a more credible amount if they want to help customers avoid import duties.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,030 of 1,205
Quote:
What NetOnion is saying here is that these have been available through Amazon.com USA and the manufacturer's website.  Amazon.com USA only delivers to US addresses.  But, the manufacturer's website will deliver internationally and the prices including delivery were the same on both sites.  Now, they cost $10 more on Amazon.com.

Even though I ordered through Amazon.com, my package came from China via EMS and arrived in about 4 days.  So, it seems like there is was not a big difference as to which site I bought it from.  The declared value for my package was $1.  That was in the end of April, 2012.  I and other people told the supplier to increase that value to a more credible amount if they want to help customers avoid import duties.

Quote:

Just order it from the rockitsounds website like everybody else. The price is the same.

Thanks for the info guys!

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #1,031 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:

Even though I ordered through Amazon.com, my package came from China via EMS and arrived in about 4 days.  So, it seems like there is was not a big difference as to which site I bought it from.  The declared value for my package was $1.  That was in the end of April, 2012.  I and other people told the supplier to increase that value to a more credible amount if they want to help customers avoid import duties.

Quote:

Thanks for the info guys!

Forgot to include in the info that there is PayPal link on the manufacturer's website for you to use if you wish.  You have to create a website user account and start the check out process before the PayPal link shows up.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,032 of 1,205
Searched but found no info so not sure if I missed it but...

Any new word on the rumored R-50 with the improved build?

and

Anyone tried the Westone Star tips on their R-50?

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #1,034 of 1,205
I like the Vsonic GR01 better than the HF5, and the GR01 basically is the same as the R50. I've never heard the SE215.
Quote:
What do people think of the R-50s versus the Shure SE215 or the Etymotic HF5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back