Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Feb 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #871 of 1,205
I have had a couple of days to try them with the Complys and I do get a better seal with them than the stock tips. These iem's are impressive. The details are crisp and clean. I understand how people think that they are bass lacking, but the bass is most definitely there. It is controlled and not boomy, but when listening to songs with signature bass line the bass is clear and crisp and never distorted. I am really enjoying them and for the price point there really should be limited complaints. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #872 of 1,205
Hi guys, I'm new to the community and I just got my R-50 and wanna say how much I like them!
My previous IEM's was Soundmagic pl-50 and I find r50 as a nice upgrade, more detailed with a nice bass (don't like bummy bass or impactful), that's how I like my music.
So far I find stock medium tips to give me best fit/isolation but I like them with Klipsch single flanges too. Unfortunately my Sony Hybrids won't fit, they are too loose. Might think about Ety triple flanges but they are pricey, will try Meelec triple as well as soon as I get them.
Only thing that's bothering me is memory section, just can't make it work for me.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #873 of 1,205
Fold the memory wire out straight, pointing straight up then insert the IEM. After you get the earpiece In a comfortable position hold I'n place then fold wire last.

Others remove the section completely.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #874 of 1,205
My pair of R-50s just arrived. Initial impressions: airy, definitely more treble than there is bass, although bass is definitely there, and quite clear. Very happy with the sound for the price, a nice contrast to my V-moda M80s and previous Brainwavz M4 IEMs. I will agree with previous posters about the included eartips -- seal is not great at all, bass will hopefully improve with a proper seal. I really like the look and feel of the cables, hopefully they last a while!

Update: The Comply tips (TX100 for those who are interested) work really well with the R-50s. To start off I wasn't too sure on how much effect a new set of tips would have, but these Complys have shown me the way! They've reduced the harshness of the treble and increased to bass to more reasonable levels without clouding it. It also feels like the IEMs will actually stay in my ears now. I would say new tips are definitely a good buy if you don't like the brightness of the R-50s in their natural state.

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #875 of 1,205
So I've noticed that the r-50 is no longer available on Amazon which is generally an indication that the product is at the end of it's life cycle: http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Balanced-Armature-Earphones-Earbuds/dp/B005XSBNG4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anyone know if there is a new version coming out soon?

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #876 of 1,205
Quote:
So I've noticed that the r-50 is no longer available on Amazon which is generally an indication that the product is at the end of it's life cycle: http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Balanced-Armature-Earphones-Earbuds/dp/B005XSBNG4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Anyone know if there is a new version coming out soon?

I just saw them on Amazon today. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #877 of 1,205
Quote:
My pair of R-50s just arrived. Initial impressions: airy, definitely more treble than there is bass, although bass is definitely there, and quite clear. Very happy with the sound for the price, a nice contrast to my V-moda M80s and previous Brainwavz M4 IEMs. I will agree with previous posters about the included eartips -- seal is not great at all, bass will hopefully improve with a proper seal. I really like the look and feel of the cables, hopefully they last a while!

Update: The Comply tips (TX100 for those who are interested) work really well with the R-50s. To start off I wasn't too sure on how much effect a new set of tips would have, but these Complys have shown me the way! They've reduced the harshness of the treble and increased to bass to more reasonable levels without clouding it. It also feels like the IEMs will actually stay in my ears now. I would say new tips are definitely a good buy if you don't like the brightness of the R-50s in their natural state.

My Shure Olives arrived a few days ago...I have the Comply and the Shure Olives. What I found with inserting  the Shure Olives was  to insert them deeply but then I basically pull them out slightly and the sound is awesome. I get good bass response and details details details

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #878 of 1,205
Glad you enjoy the Shure Olives, more durable than comply.

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #880 of 1,205
Quote:
Glad you enjoy the Shure Olives, more durable than comply.

Yes thank you...I also found a good deal on them. They are my favorite tips.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #882 of 1,205
Cool Hope you enjoy them just remember that they're not big on bass but are amazing with clarity and detail.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #884 of 1,205
Quote:
Just curious Techno Kid... do you really like the BA200 over the R-50?  

Yes I do, the R-50 now that I've heard a lot of other good IEM's would be probably mid pack on my list that I need to update.  The R-50 is still a very nice IEM I just really like the warmer mid focused sound signature more now so the analytical sound isn't one I hate just not as good as the other sound signature to me.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #885 of 1,205
Is there a new R-50 model out?  LendMeUrEars has pictures of an R-50 that I have never seen.  It appears that the cord is very much different than the R-50 I purchased roughly a month ago.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=51

Users who are viewing this thread

Back