Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #886 of 1,205
Quote:
Is there a new R-50 model out?  LendMeUrEars has pictures of an R-50 that I have never seen.  It appears that the cord is very much different than the R-50 I purchased roughly a month ago.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=51

No that's the exact same R-50, the pics just look weird.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #889 of 1,205
@Techno Kid, how long does R-50 need to burn-in? On bassy songs the bass starts to distort. Does burn in help it?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #890 of 1,205
Quote:
@Techno Kid, how long does R-50 need to burn-in? On bassy songs the bass starts to distort. Does burn in help it?

I didn't think burn in changed the sound all that much honestly. What kind of source are you feeding them from?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #891 of 1,205
I am using Meizu M6 and Colorfly C3.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #892 of 1,205
Quote:
I am using Meizu M6 and Colorfly C3.

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure, they aren't bass heavy headphones, but I wouldn't think they would distort... Make sure that any EQ set to flat and everything? I haven't used those devices myself, so I can't say how they should sound.

I personally use mine with an amp (iPod's headphone jack is very static prone), and my amp seems to push the lows a bit more. I guess that's technically a distortion, but I'll deal with it for the lack of static :p

I definitely like the R-50's though. They compliment the sound signature of my HD600 very well with that high end sparkle.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #893 of 1,205
Be particularly careful of the build quality. I never pulled from the cable and the left cable came out of the headset. The cable was still attached but it flops around now.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #894 of 1,205
I'd agree with that, the section where the cable enters the housing, under the memory wire, looks and feels fairly fragile to me. Especially since to wear the R-50 normally, this memory wire portion has to be manipulated and bent to act as an earhook.

My R-50 came shipped to me with a manufacturing defect right out of the box, though (loose cable in left ear, sound cutting off intermittently).

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #895 of 1,205
Waiting on mine! .. I am hoping to get mine today or tomorrow.

I had another TWFK Knowles BA IEM - GH-ERC-DMS which with comply tips where some of the best sounding IEMs I had. However they were stolen. Got them reshelled by IN EAR CUSTOM, but someone stole it on it way back to me. 

So IN EAR CUSTOM bought the R-50 for me... excellent customer service if you ask me.. 

Once I get the R-50, will try and compare it to the GH-ERC-DMS, Shure SE-535. RE-272 and Sony MH1C 

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #896 of 1,205
Just got mine the other day. Awesome compliment to my dt880s. They reproduce music very faithfully to the way it was recorded.

Theres a quickness with them that really separates sounds in a recording apart, like being able to hear the impact of a drumstick each time it strikes a cymbal.

The bass is heard rather than felt with these, it doesn't thump.

it sounded like there was an absence of low, sub bass once I first put these on. These needed a brain burn in for me. After a couple of minutes listening, I was able to hear that low bass and everything made sense.

The best way I can describe their sound is quick, airy, and articulate.

The build quality though! They feel so delicate! And the original eartips have to be replaced, they suck.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #897 of 1,205
Quote:
Just got mine the other day. Awesome compliment to my dt880s. They reproduce music very faithfully to the way it was recorded.

Theres a quickness with them that really separates sounds in a recording apart, like being able to hear the impact of a drumstick each time it strikes a cymbal.

The bass is heard rather than felt with these, it doesn't thump.

it sounded like there was an absence of low, sub bass once I first put these on. These needed a brain burn in for me. After a couple of minutes listening, I was able to hear that low bass and everything made sense.

The best way I can describe their sound is quick, airy, and articulate.

The build quality though! They feel so delicate! And the original eartips have to be replaced, they suck.

They don't inspire the greatest confidence in build quality, but they seem to be dealing with my abuse pretty admirably. I've a bit worried about that connection at the casing and the memory wire, though.

Yep, it's a nicely detailed IEM. It's pretty nice for me, since they are kind of the polar opposite to my HD600. Lots of choice in sound signature :)

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #899 of 1,205
After some experience, I am a believer that burn in is real.  To my hearing, my R-50 sound the same after hundreds of hours as they did when I got them.

Of those who believe in burn in (and I do), there seems to be some consensus that while dynamic driver headphones can benefit from burn in, armature headphones like the R-50s do not.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #900 of 1,205
I will tell you I really enjoyed the sq of these iem's. I truly babied mine and never tugged on them at the memory wire. The left wire came out of the case. I was going to return them for warranty replacement but decided to ask for a refund. They refunded me without issue. Excellent customer service. I truly miss them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back