Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Feb 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #856 of 1,205
Definitely, I understand that. All trade-offs. But if you were to venture an opinion on a BA-based IEM that captures a more full presentation than the R-50?

May I suggest you check out Fischer audio DBA 02 MKII, they have the speed and clarity of R50 with better body and build quality.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #857 of 1,205
So...I think I'm not getting a good seal using the stock eartips(medium ones). Maybe that's why I'm finding the sound thin, bright/harsh, and artificial. When I pressed the iems against my ears just a little, the sound quality is awesome. I guess my ears are a bit big? What tips would you guys recommend to get the ideal seal? I am loving these a bit more than the hd 558 in therms of clarity, vocal(especially) minus the bass and soundstage which i think are better on the hd 558.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #859 of 1,205
Its funny because I hated the stock tips that came with the R-50 but now with my new pair they actually fit me very well and I get a great seal, I'm still going to get some Ety grey tri-flange tips though as they really are the best ones for the R-50.  Rockit should start to add some tri-flange in the box so they can save everyone the hassle of having to by some since they seem to be the most popular choice.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #860 of 1,205
Quote:
So...I think I'm not getting a good seal using the stock eartips(medium ones). Maybe that's why I'm finding the sound thin, bright/harsh, and artificial. When I pressed the iems against my ears just a little, the sound quality is awesome. I guess my ears are a bit big? What tips would you guys recommend to get the ideal seal? I am loving these a bit more than the hd 558 in therms of clarity, vocal(especially) minus the bass and soundstage which i think are better on the hd 558.

Have you tried the large stock tips?

That is what I use and I wear them straight down, with the left earphone on the right ear and the right earphone on the left ear.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #861 of 1,205
Quote:

I found the same thing as you..I am actually in between the medium and the large. When I push them against my ears the sound is great. I received my P-Series Complys today so I am experimenting with those.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #863 of 1,205
Super comfy, durable and slightly warmer sq

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #864 of 1,205
This thing makes me surprised.. I try this from my friend, It's cheapy looking but once I try it, I got it for my first iem, then I bring to reshelling it as my first ciem. I like fullsize cans and eabuds, but I choose this for my first ciem, hehe

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #865 of 1,205
This thing makes me surprised.. I try this from my friend, It's cheapy looking but once I try it, I got it for my first iem, then I bring to reshelling it as my first ciem. I like fullsize cans and eabuds, but I choose this for my first ciem, hehe

Good choice!

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #866 of 1,205
Could anyone post some link from websites that ship worldwide for the eartips? I need some tips that'd give me a nice seal and that would add more body(these do lack body even when inserted properly) and warmth to the sound?

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #867 of 1,205
Could anyone post some link from websites that ship worldwide for the eartips? I need some tips that'd give me a nice seal and that would add more body(these do lack body even when inserted properly) and warmth to the sound?

Even with a good seal or tip variation you won't alter the signature enough. It's just how they sound it's their signature. If you want to add some warmth amp them, makes them sound fuller, fills them out opening up the bass a touch. They're just very delicate sounding in signature to my ears, but once you it grabs hold it's hard not to love them.

So clear, so crisp, detailed.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #868 of 1,205
Quote:
Even with a good seal or tip variation you won't alter the signature enough. It's just how they sound it's their signature. If you want to add some warmth amp them, makes them sound fuller, fills them out opening up the bass a touch. They're just very delicate sounding in signature to my ears, but once you it grabs hold it's hard not to love them.

So clear, so crisp, detailed.

And to think you didn't like them at all after your first listen, goes to show some IEM's take a bit to get used to.  That's how it was for me with the SM3 because I was really thinking I might sale them after first listen but I gave them time to get used to and now they're the best IEM I've ever had, go figure.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #869 of 1,205
I was at first considering these R-50s but after a bit of research, it seems like build quality on them is not exactly glamorous. With reports of the cable coming apart after only a few months of use, I had to back out. So in the end, I decided to purchase the RE262s which look quite a bit more durable and found them at a very respectable price of $120. I would like to know how the 262s compare with the 50s.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #870 of 1,205
And to think you didn't like them at all after your first listen, goes to show some IEM's take a bit to get used to.  That's how it was for me with the SM3 because I was really thinking I might sale them after first listen but I gave them time to get used to and now they're the best IEM I've ever had, go figure.

I did not like what I was hearing at first. :p it was a moment to remember for me, you, and the thread lol. I spent a good few hours with them last night, my R-50 are meant to be going out on loan in about a week, I'm reluctant to let them go on vacation. Most of my listening is done laying down at night and for that at ambient volumes you could imagine these do impress extensively. $120 is just a no brainier if the sig suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back