Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Feb 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #841 of 1,205
Update on my situation, Rockit Sounds has offered to refund my purchase amount. Good customer service and responsibility for the manufacturing defect. I am happy they have handled the situation responsibly.

Now I am on the lookout for something to replace the R-50, as its build quality is leaving me worried. Also, I auditioned my brother's TDK BA200 today, and found myself liking some of its characteristics, like it's weightier, more full-bodied representation of bass and percussion instruments. I did find the R-50 often a little unnaturally thin on percussive instruments like drums. However, I find the BA200 a bit too smoothed-over and laid-back at the top, I miss the sparkle and bell-like clarity of the R-50's treble.

Is there something you guys can recommend, that is sort of like an R-50 with a slightly fuller bottom-end, but without sacrificing as much treble extension and presence as the BA200? I can spend up to USD 180 or so.

I'm not saying to buy these, but to research GR07 MK2, they sound similar to R-50, but fuller bodied, thicker.

IMO

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #843 of 1,205
I was looking at them very keenly all along. Thank you for the advice. Something tells me that I'll miss some of the BA speed and detail though?

Yes, they wont sound quite as crisp but timbre is just as if not more natural, they'll suite a wider variety of genres, you'll lose some if that awesome detail decay R-50 express too, but gain a thicker fuller presentation.

There's usually always compromises I'n this hobby, that's why were all still here searching for that perfect IEM.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #844 of 1,205
Quote:
Yes, they wont sound quite as crisp but timbre is just as if not more natural, they'll suite a wider variety of genres, you'll lose some if that awesome detail decay R-50 express too, but gain a thicker fuller presentation.

There's usually always compromises I'n this hobby, that's why were all still here searching for that perfect IEM.

Definitely, I understand that. All trade-offs. But if you were to venture an opinion on a BA-based IEM that captures a more full presentation than the R-50?

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #845 of 1,205
I don't know sorry though I would be asking ijokerl In his multi IEM review thread. Tell him exactly what you're looking for In good detail. He's your man. Find the thread usually floating somewhere on the front page. Especially mention the R-50 and what increase you're after

Goodluck

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #846 of 1,205
Quote:
Update on my situation, Rockit Sounds has offered to refund my purchase amount. Good customer service and responsibility for the manufacturing defect. I am happy they have handled the situation responsibly.

Now I am on the lookout for something to replace the R-50, as its build quality is leaving me worried. Also, I auditioned my brother's TDK BA200 today, and found myself liking some of its characteristics, like it's weightier, more full-bodied representation of bass and percussion instruments. I did find the R-50 often a little unnaturally thin on percussive instruments like drums. However, I find the BA200 a bit too smoothed-over and laid-back at the top, I miss the sparkle and bell-like clarity of the R-50's treble.

Is there something you guys can recommend, that is sort of like an R-50 with a slightly fuller bottom-end, but without sacrificing as much treble extension and presence as the BA200? I can spend up to USD 180 or so.

TDK IE800 dual-dynamic

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #847 of 1,205
Definitely have my eye on them, but I think it's too early for me to really be convinced with what I'm reading about them so far. Definitely seem like a more 'fun' IEM, while I'm looking for a more neutral sound - something like the R-50 but with a bit more fleshed-out low-end. 

Still looking for suggestions! 
size]

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #848 of 1,205
The X10 is a BA with supposedly impressive bass.  I have never tried them myself, but I am very interested in purchasing a pair to go along with my R-50.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #849 of 1,205
Received my R-50's and so far have been impressed, they are making me dislike my low bitrate files.I am using the stock tips but have ordered some Comply P series to check them out(thanks for 20% coupon).   What iem's would you guys recommend to listen to rock, metal, grunge, alternative etc.. you get the idea? Also, I tried to look back at this thread before I ordered the Comply's and it seemed that they were the most recommended...any other suggestions or anything I missed?

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #850 of 1,205
Quote:
Received my R-50's and so far have been impressed, they are making me dislike my low bitrate files.I am using the stock tips but have ordered some Comply P series to check them out(thanks for 20% coupon).   What iem's would you guys recommend to listen to rock, metal, grunge, alternative etc.. you get the idea? Also, I tried to look back at this thread before I ordered the Comply's and it seemed that they were the most recommended...any other suggestions or anything I missed?

I really like the sony hybrids I have on mine: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #852 of 1,205
Quote:
Anyone compared it to pfe? in terms of detail soundstage and character

R50 better. Their only problem is bass. PFE are better in this term. Soundstage is middle in all of them. 
If you've got a good seal R50 is better than their brothers/sisters such as UE700, Brainwavz B2, Fischer DBA02.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #853 of 1,205
Yeah I'd say the R-50 is better than the PFE 1XX IEM's also, both have great detail but I like the over all presentation and soundstage of the R-50 more.

I just got my new pair last week since I sold my other awhile ago and I'm so glad I got another one.  They have the perfect highs that are crisp and bright but not harsh at all to me and the over all detail is top notch.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #854 of 1,205
Hey guys,

I just got my R-50. I'm not impressed by them at all powered from a clip+. Please don't take my initial impressions too seriously. But here goes my first impression on these:

They are very thin sounding and also bass anemic. I thought my Sennheiser HD 558(full sized cans) lacked bass, but compared to the HD 558, I'd say the R50 hasn't got any bass. By no means I'm a basshead. But I don't feel any bass with these. Maybe my mind need some adjusting time with these. But the vocals are however are neither forward nor laid back(like the 558). It seems the medium stock ear tips fit me best and from which I get the best sound. What can you suggest as ear tips guys? Anyone had a similar experience as me?

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #855 of 1,205
They do sound thin at first I agree especially coming from my SM3 that I've been listening to everyday but give your brain time to adjust and they might just grow on you.  The bass can be EQ'ed up and I get enough for EDM from my E11 on bass boost 2, like I said though give them a few more days and then see how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back