1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rockhopper M^3 - The Review

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by scootermafia, Jan 4, 2009.
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. Bojamijams
    Thumbs up for AD843 combo with Grado RS1.. the previous choice of OPA227 was a little too harsh in the highs but the 843's tame them quite well.

Quite a powerfull little combo this thing.. I'm liking it.

2. K3cT
    Thread necromancy time!

So what's the best way to acquire this nowadays?

3. grawk
    watch the rockhopper audio website and the amp forsale forum.

4. scootermafia
    YBM and MisterX may still make them. Beats me why nobody is trying harder to sell these to people, it's a great design.

5. Bojamijams
    I love mine. The PRaT on the RS-1 is mind bottling

6. analogbox Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    YBM and MisterX may still make them. Beats me why nobody is trying harder to sell these to people, it's a great design.

I can personally speak for MisterX's work. He's done a facinating job on my M^3 + S11 combo.

7. teNtiOn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I can personally speak for MisterX's work. He's done a facinating job on my M^3 + S11 combo.

mind posting some impression using your ad2000?

8. K3cT
    Heh, the problem is I live in Asia. I wonder if either of MisterX or YBM will be willing to ship it internationally? Also, what's the average lead time for orders to be built, 1 month?

M^3 + S11 is really tempting but availability is a b****, perhaps researching alternative options would make sense. I wonder how it stacks against the Audio-gd C2C Mk II?

9. analogbox Contributor
    @teNtiOn:
    I just sold my tube amp and waiting for another so I can't compare it to any other amps but I think it still sounds great. Many people complain that AD2000s lack bass but M^3 gives plenty of bass that does justice to trance and what not.

@K3cT:
    Why not try sending him an email asking about shipping to overseas and estimated costs? Marshall is very pleasant to talk to and he'll answer whatever questions you might have.

10. scootermafia
    I know about what it'd cost to ship something like that internationally, if it were me...about $40. Not so bad. I'm sure he'd do it, I mean why the hell not.

11. Beefy
    YBM has posted internationally in the past. I know the guy from New Zealand who bought one of the B22's featured in YBM's gallery.

12. K3cT
    I'll just do that. Thanks for all the helps, folks.

Here is hoping that one more will be joining the club in the future!

13. spendorspain
    this post has been deleted here and moved to DIY section

14. grawk
    Are you kidding me?  A 3 year old thread bumped for "+1"?

15. preproman
    Quote:
    Don't you worry about it.  I did it for a reason.  

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last