Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #2,252 of 2,617
So then even with your older version the bug of randomly registered "play" button presses appears?

No, I don’t have that issue. My previous version works fine (other than occasional freezes when booting up or shutting down, which a paper clip -> reset button takes care of).

The newest build did some stuff that was cool on paper (I think it reported the battery more accurately, and it also integrated a major base code update from the official Rockbox code).

It may have done other stuff too (I’d have to check the change log or search old posts). But I remember whatever the changes were, they weren’t enticing enough for me to upgrade. I figured I would get around to it one of these days.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,253 of 2,617
No, I don’t have that issue. My previous version works fine (other than occasional freezes when booting up or shutting down, which a paper clip -> reset button takes care of).

The newest build did some stuff that was cool on paper (I think it reported the battery more accurately, and it also integrated a major base code update from the official Rockbox code).

It may have done other stuff too (I’d have to check the change log or search old posts). But I remember whatever the changes were, they weren’t enticing enough for me to upgrade. I figured I would get around to it one of these days.

Would you mind uploading your .rockbox folder somewhere? I cannot find a download link for older versions anywhere.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,254 of 2,617
Would you mind uploading your .rockbox folder somewhere? I cannot find a download link for older versions anywhere.

Lemme track down the original "full" download I used. I always save every version for cases just lke this (it's the IT Admin in me LOL). I just need to figure out which memory stick it's all saved on...

Is email OK? I don't really have anywhere to upload it. PM me with your email info.

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,260 of 2,617
The older version of Rockbox with the current bootloader produces the bug still..

This may be a hardware issue then.

And if it is happening to more than 1 person, it could be that it only happens on the 'new hardware' that has been rumored (ie the same 'new hardware' that seems to also have dual boot not working).

Is tat is the case, it doesb't surprise me at all that there's some bugs, because I am assuming @XVortex did his development on the original version (not the 'new hardware').

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #2,261 of 2,617
This may be a hardware issue then.

And if it is happening to more than 1 person, it could be that it only happens on the 'new hardware' that has been rumored (ie the same 'new hardware' that seems to also have dual boot not working).

Is tat is the case, it doesb't surprise me at all that there's some bugs, because I am assuming @XVortex did his development on the original version (not the 'new hardware').

I think there are more than 2 hardware variations, because mine does dual boot, but it is still brand new.. so yeah.
I think I might just go back to stock, I can just convert everything to 48khz & be content.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #2,262 of 2,617
I think there are more than 2 hardware variations, because mine does dual boot, but it is still brand new.. so yeah.
I think I might just go back to stock, I can just convert everything to 48khz & be content.

Cool, hope it all works out for you. Rockbox isn't perfect, and it certainly isn't for everyone. It has its strengths and weakenesses (just like the stock firmware with it's playback speed bug).

Using the stock firmwre and converting isn't really an option for me, as I have >20k files.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2,263 of 2,617
Cool, hope it all works out.

That's not really an option for me, as I have >20k files.

I'm using Foobar2000 to manage and play my 67k lossless files on PC. With it's batch convert options it would be a fairly effortless thing to do. (with SOX it takes about as much time to convert as it is to copy to an other hdd or even ssd & it has auto subfolder creation and you can specify naming schemes)

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #2,264 of 2,617
I'm using Foobar2000 to manage and play my 67k lossless files on PC. With it's batch convert options it would be a fairly effortless thing to do. (with SOX it takes about as much time to convert as it is to copy to an other hdd or even ssd & it has auto subfolder creation and you can specify naming schemes)

Hmmm, good to know!

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #2,265 of 2,617
I've been using my older used purchased from eBay for $60 version with the latest RockBox version since I installed it November of last year. I don't have dual boot issues nor have I seen the forward button misbehaving as discussed.

Is there anyone out there who can dual boot but has the misbehaving forward button? Or is this truly an indicator of the possible internal differences and proof that there are multiple hardware differences?

I really would like to know. I have a brand new one here that I picked up on a Gearbest sale that I want to setup for a friend but I've been leery of hitting the dual boot issue. If there was a way to get back to just stock I wouldn't worry as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back