Rockbox Xduoo X3
Mar 11, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #2,208 of 2,617
That does not seem right. I have not used mine for 3 days and the battery is at 100% just as I left it. I had fully charged it. unplugged it from the charger, shut it down and left it for 3 days. In Rockbox mode I get about 10 hours battery life using the line out to my FiiO E12A Mont Blanc headphone amp. I occasionally plug my more efficient headphones directly into the Xduoo. I should check sometime how many hours I could get using that method only. I love Rockbox with this player. I only use the stock mode when I charge it or when I want to attach it to the computer to look at everything that is on the two cards and maybe add or delete a few albums. If I were going to make major changes to the card contents I would use a card reader because that is so much faster. If I only want to add a few albums I would rather not pop the card out. I am worried that the little springs could wear out.

you got a good battery. Mine is not great. I can watch the fuel gauge drop as I'm watching it. Like a badly tuned subaru.

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #2,209 of 2,617
you got a good battery. Mine is not great. I can watch the fuel gauge drop as I'm watching it. Like a badly tuned subaru.

You mentioned the automatic shutoff feature above.

It’s been a long time since I used that feature, but from what I remember that feature causes phantom battery draining. I could be wrong though.

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #2,210 of 2,617
To uninstall Rockbox and install Stock firmware please:

1) Download update-back-to-stock.zip to the root of the micro SD-card and rename it to update.zip;
2) Switch to original firmware and run firmware update;
3) Good luck with Stock firmware!

From http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
To uninstall Rockbox and install Stock firmware please:

1) Download update-back-to-stock.zip to the root of the micro SD-card and rename it to update.zip;
2) Switch to original firmware and run firmware update;
3) Good luck with Stock firmware!

From http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
Good morning,
I bought this device (x3) and I tried to install the official new firmware from the website. After the correct procedure the mp3 player has been restart but it was stucked on the start screen logo. I tried to reset using the side pin, disconect the battery...but nothing..is alway stucked. If I link the device to my laptop it is impossible to recognize it by usb. I tried using the recovery mode but I see only the processor "ingenic" not the sd memory. How can I restore it from the beginning?
thanks to everybody.

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #2,211 of 2,617
Hallo, having issues with Rockbox on Xduoo X3

1) Dual Boot does not work (Stock firmware gives black screen only)
2) Manual re-flashing with Stock or Rockbox firmware does not work either. When manual flashing I receive for example the following error msg: USBBurnTool = "CheckID=0XADB1, ExtID=0XAD5580. in Nandinfo.cfg"

What I should also mention is that I followed the first set of instruction, i.e. I did not use the manual flashing procedure to load Rockbox.

Any help or suggestion on how to revert back to stock firmware are greatly appreciated.

The system I am using to flash is a clean Dell XPS15-L502X -WIN7-64, fully patched.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #2,212 of 2,617
Most of the recent pages are questions or problems with a new install on a presumably new player with folks having issues with the X3 failing to be able to boot into the Xduoo firmware via the lock button. I am kind of surprised at the thought that this older product has had a hardware revision at this point in the product life cycle.

Did I dodge a bullet by coming here and asking about the somewhat conflicting instructions for the initial install and learning that the proper way was just to use the update file and .rockbox folder and to just invoke the Xduoo firmware update function?

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,213 of 2,617
I also would be happy to know if there is a way to switch back to the Original firmware.
When I follow instructions, the X3 locks, just as mentioned above.
Is the only way to restore, to follow that procedure, or is there something what can be manualy done?

Another question.
One of the big advantages, for what I bought the X3, was de wide support for high quality lossless formats.
I understood RockBox brings back de 24bits recordings down to 16bits.
What happens to 96khz and 192khz recordings?
Do they stay Original size?

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,214 of 2,617
I also would be happy to know if there is a way to switch back to the Original firmware.
When I follow instructions, the X3 locks, just as mentioned above.
Is the only way to restore, to follow that procedure, or is there something what can be manualy done?

Another question.
One of the big advantages, for what I bought the X3, was de wide support for high quality lossless formats.
I understood RockBox brings back de 24bits recordings down to 16bits.
What happens to 96khz and 192khz recordings?
Do they stay Original size?
When RockBox is working correctly you can boot back to the Xduoo firmware to play HQ formats. RockBox will convert everything to 16 for playback. That's why there's dual boot support for just this reason.

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,215 of 2,617
When RockBox is working correctly you can boot back to the Xduoo firmware to play HQ formats. RockBox will convert everything to 16 for playback. That's why there's dual boot support for just this reason.

Yes, I know.
But the problem is that RockBox in this case won't boot back to the Original firmware...
When I try to do that, the player locks with a black screen.
(From what I red in the above posts, I'm not alone in this)
There seems to be a difference in the hardware from the new X3 version?

If there is an other way to boot to the Xduoo firmware, I would love to hear that.

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,216 of 2,617
… There seems to be a difference in the hardware from the new X3 version?

If there is an other way to boot to the Xduoo firmware, I would love to hear that.
That's exactly what I asked a few posts ago. Is there a hardware change or is it that folks with issues used the outdated instructions with the requirements of running a PC program and doing all sorts of stuff versus what's currently needed which is just the update file + .rockbox file and doing the system settings update to install?

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #2,217 of 2,617
Yes, I know.
But the problem is that RockBox in this case won't boot back to the Original firmware...
When I try to do that, the player locks with a black screen.
(From what I red in the above posts, I'm not alone in this)
There seems to be a difference in the hardware from the new X3 version?

That's exactly what I asked a few posts ago. Is there a hardware change or is it that folks with issues used the outdated instructions with the requirements of running a PC program and doing all sorts of stuff versus what's currently needed which is just the update file + .rockbox file and doing the system settings update to install?

If it would work you allegedly could dual boot i.e. also boot into the stock firmware. I am a bit frustrated that you should allegedly get help here in this forum but yet somebody has to read and reply ... - maybe a lesson learned not to flash firmware from an unknown source without support.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #2,220 of 2,617
If it would work you allegedly could dual boot i.e. also boot into the stock firmware. I am a bit frustrated that you should allegedly get help here in this forum but yet somebody has to read and reply ... - maybe a lesson learned not to flash firmware from an unknown source without support.

The use of plural 'YOU' / personal YOU' / evocative 'YOU' is, at best, confusing...

Has any of those experiencing the non-working firmware switch issue gone through ALL the posts relevant to this problem (or re-installing the XDUOO X3 original f/ware)...? This forum is, after all, for self documentation and help should be sought after self due diligence.

The vast majority of the users who have installed the Rockbox f/ware have no problem with the use of the manufacturer's f/ware. The manufacturer can make changes to the internal design / components without notification as long as the device performs within the provided specs. Let us not forget that using a non manufacturer-certified firmware is done at one's OWN RISK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back