Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jul 29, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #587 of 2,617
Hi, maybe your Xduoo X3 brings the 1500mAh internal battery... The latest model is powered by a 2000 mAh.

Was unaware that there was a new model with upgraded battery.  This leads to another question, can the 1500mAh battery be replaced by the 2000mAh one or did they make the casing bigger to accomodate it?

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #588 of 2,617
Was unaware that there was a new model with upgraded battery.  This leads to another question, can the 1500mAh battery be replaced by the 2000mAh one or did they make the casing bigger to accomodate it?

I think the casing is the same for both models. You should have to remove the down cover and check the battery pack capacity.

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #589 of 2,617
hmmm, now i'm curious to know which battery type I have too. How did you guys get into the device to take a look? mine only has 2 small screws on the back, but they appear to be like small star/hex screws. I have an entire set of alen keys (there's about 30 sizes in total), and none of them fit these screws.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #590 of 2,617
  hmmm, now i'm curious to know which battery type I have too. How did you guys get into the device to take a look? mine only has 2 small screws on the back, but they appear to be like small star/hex screws. I have an entire set of alen keys (there's about 30 sizes in total), and none of them fit these screws.

Use a T6x40 Torx driver. 

My battery pack isn't labeled.  Bought my X3 in late 2015 (ordered the end of November) so I assume it's just a 1500mAh.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #591 of 2,617
  Use a T6x40 Torx driver. 

My battery pack isn't labeled.  Bought my X3 in late 2015 (ordered the end of November) so I assume it's just a 1500mAh.

That was nice of them to use such a common fastener (not).  They obviously didn't intend for end users to replace batteries.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #592 of 2,617
Torx screws are quite common.  You'll find them in many applications ranging from automobiles to consumer electronics.

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #594 of 2,617
  Torx screws are quite common.  You'll find them in many applications ranging from automobiles to consumer electronics.

:You're getting out of my neighborhood once you go beyond a flat head or phillips screwdriver lol.

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #595 of 2,617
slowpickr,

You might find this interesting :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

"Torx (pronounced /tɔːrks/), developed in 1967[1] by Camcar Textron,[2] is the trademark for a type of screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern. A popular generic name for the drive is star, as in star screwdriver or star bits. The official generic name, standardized by the International Organization for Standardization as ISO 10664, is hexalobular internal.[3] This is sometimes abbreviated in databases and catalogs as 6lobe (starting with numeral "6", not a capital "G"). Torx Plus is an improved head profile.
Torx screws are commonly found on automobiles, motorcycles, bicycle brake systems (disc brakes), hard disk drives, computer systems and consumer electronics. Initially, they were sometimes used in applications requiring tamper resistance, since the drive systems and screwdrivers were not widely available; as drivers became more common, tamper-resistant variants, as described below, were developed.[4] Torx screws are also becoming increasingly popular in construction industries."

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #597 of 2,617
  slowpickr,

You might find this interesting :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

"Torx (pronounced /tɔːrks/), developed in 1967[1] by Camcar Textron,[2] is the trademark for a type of screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern. A popular generic name for the drive is star, as in star screwdriver or star bits. The official generic name, standardized by the International Organization for Standardization as ISO 10664, is hexalobular internal.[3] This is sometimes abbreviated in databases and catalogs as 6lobe (starting with numeral "6", not a capital "G"). Torx Plus is an improved head profile.
Torx screws are commonly found on automobiles, motorcycles, bicycle brake systems (disc brakes), hard disk drives, computer systems and consumer electronics. Initially, they were sometimes used in applications requiring tamper resistance, since the drive systems and screwdrivers were not widely available; as drivers became more common, tamper-resistant variants, as described below, were developed.[4] Torx screws are also becoming increasingly popular in construction industries."

Thanks man.  Learned something today,
beerchug.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #600 of 2,617
Rockbox does have a database which will let you sort by the tags and then listen by artist album etc....but better to do things by folder and file name.

There are free tools like mp3tag which will allow for batch renaming according to the existing tag. As long as your files are tagged correctly this makes it really easy to set up folders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back