Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jul 22, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #556 of 2,617
Finally got it tuning tonight but had issues. Some of them I have seen mentioned so I will work on it tomorrow. One was it would not recognize the second sd card. The other is an error and crash building the database.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #557 of 2,617
Completely unusable here. Flashed back to stock.  Stock system works fine.  it is a very new X3 purchased a month ago.  I tried three clean flashs/ FAT32 4096 sectors.  Occaisional panic errors on boot. Occasional panic errors on scrolling and browsing files.  can not make a database.  It will panic every time,  SD card 2 will not be recognized at all enen with the ,rockbox dir on the card.  The unit makes an odd clunking sound when performing functions in rockbox that does not happen in stock mode. i reformatted and 3x with clean installs and same thing each time (major pain in the ass waiting for all of my music to transfer back.  2 hours each time). the last time i downloaed cleanfilkes just in case,  I will try again down the road of there are ever updates but for now I guess I am stock.  I did get it to play and it sounded grerat.

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #558 of 2,617
Ralph,

Clearly there's nothing wrong with your X3 as it's working fine on stock firmware... For excluding the unknown reason for the failure in aflashing the RockBox firmware try to follow these steps:
- read all of the 38 pages of this thread with patience
- have handy a very good uSD card, purchase a brand new one (size not important, but it MUST be a good brand... avoid eBay because of possible fake cards)
- use for formatting the card an external SD reader attached to the computer
- fit the card in the first slot of X3
- apply the RB firmware observing the guide to the letter
- place the uSD card in the card reader and copy to the card an amount of music fles but don't fill it up yet
- fit the card in the first slot of X3 again and test for functionality
- if the firmware seemed to have failed again USE another computer/card reader combo for the uSD card initial formatting, etc

Don't forget that at this stage you're trying to find/exclude any previous wrong steps or hardware failure...

Good luck.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #559 of 2,617
Thanks. I have numerous microsd cards I could try of various sizes. I never get them in eBay and try to stick to name brand. I could try others. The intriguing part was card 2 not reading at all. I had already read most of the posts on here. Since the X3 is so cheap (Last one got for $89) I might just wait until I get another one on sale then have one to work on with Rockbox. After messing with it an entire day I need a break now.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #560 of 2,617
Hello everyone! Recently I bought an X3 and rockboxed it.
I love it, but everytime I play a file, it takes some seconds to start. It goes from 2-3s for mp3s, to 5-6s for FLACs.
Is that normal? I tried using the same mSD on my rockboxed Clip Zip and everything plays istantly.

The only time this doesn't happen is when i skip to the next song some seconds after the current one has started playing. Gapless works flawlessly.

EDIT: No problem on the stock firmware, there is just a 1s delay at most with any file.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #561 of 2,617
Ok. It seems Rockbox doesn't like 128gig cards (or a least any I have which are Samsung, Sansdisk, and Kingston). It works fine with the 64gig cards I have. It is virtually unusable with all the errors on the 128 gig cards and oddly enough I can't get it to read both cards but it will with the 64 gig micros. Unfortunately fir me, this means I have to remain stock. I listen to music most of the day and could fill up four cards or more with my music. I appreciate all the work that was done to get this port on the Xduoo X3 and it us nice. If it is ever stable on large cards and big libraries I will use it. I know how much work that takes though. I will check back from time to time.

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #562 of 2,617
Ok. It seems Rockbox doesn't like 128gig cards (or a least any I have which are Samsung, Sansdisk, and Kingston). It works fine with the 64gig cards I have. It is virtually unusable with all the errors on the 128 gig cards and oddly enough I can't get it to read both cards but it will with the 64 gig micros. Unfortunately fir me, this means I have to remain stock. I listen to music most of the day and could fill up four cards or more with my music. I appreciate all the work that was done to get this port on the Xduoo X3 and it us nice. If it is ever stable on large cards and big libraries I will use it. I know how much work that takes though. I will check back from time to time.

I'm using Sandisk 128GB and 64GB SD cards with no issues. I have 64 as nicrosd1 and 128 as microsd2. I don't know if that would make a difference. I know other folks have said they are using 2 128 or 200gb cards with not problems.
Did you verify the cards are formatted FAT32 and not EXFAT? I had some issues reformatting and had to use one of the utilities mentioned earlier in the thread. when I tried to format from command prompt I got a sector error finalizing the card.

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #563 of 2,617
I've been using a pair of SiliconPower 128Gb Class 10 UHS-1 Micro SDXC cards for 8 months with my Rockboxed xDuoo X3 with ZERO PROBLEMS.

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #564 of 2,617
I used a microsd Sandisk 128GB as primary on Xduoo X3 with Rockbox with no issues at the boot of the firmware but with heavy lags during the navigation among folders and files. The same microsd card does not show the same attitude with the Sansa Clip+ with RockBox. Even if this Sansa has a less powerful cpu, it performs much better than the most powerful Xduoo X3. I think it's a software issue that will be solved on next releases.
Regards,

kalo86

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #565 of 2,617
I love it, but everytime I play a file, it takes some seconds to start. It goes from 2-3s for mp3s, to 5-6s for FLACs.
Is that normal? I tried using the same mSD on my rockboxed Clip Zip and everything plays istantly.

The only time this doesn't happen is when i skip to the next song some seconds after the current one has started playing. Gapless works flawlessly.

EDIT: No problem on the stock firmware, there is just a 1s delay at most with any file.

I also have a delay with my Rockboxed X3. Just assumed this was normal.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #566 of 2,617
I'm using Sandisk 128GB and 64GB SD cards with no issues. I have 64 as nicrosd1 and 128 as microsd2. I don't know if that would make a difference. I know other folks have said they are using 2 128 or 200gb cards with not problems.
Did you verify the cards are formatted FAT32 and not EXFAT? I had some issues reformatting and had to use one of the utilities mentioned earlier in the thread. when I tried to format from command prompt I got a sector error finalizing the card.

Definitely fat32. I had to format one twice because it i messed up and did it ex fat. Tried 4 different 128gb cards and each one did the same thing. I got the errors mentioned and it would never read disk two. Would say I as dong something wrong except I got it to work with the 64gb cards perfectly. I am retired and get bored so I may try again but for the moment I am tired of it.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #567 of 2,617

Less than 1s delay for me on Rockbox.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #568 of 2,617

Less than 1s delay for me on Rockbox.

Hmm...I tried formatting the sd to Fat32 with 4096 kb sectors, but the issue remains. The card is a legit samsung evo, so I can't understand where the problem is...

Are you using the latest version of rockbox (Boot: d312ba8M-160316, System: b708dbc-160501)?
Have you configured rockbox in any particular way?

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #569 of 2,617
  Hmm...I tried formatting the sd to Fat32 with 4096 kb sectors, but the issue remains. The card is a legit samsung evo, so I can't understand where the problem is...

Are you using the latest version of rockbox (Boot: d312ba8M-160316, System: b708dbc-160501)?
Have you configured rockbox in any particular way?

My Rockbox is same version as yours, and I did nothing special when installing it.

I really do not know why you are getting such a big delay with your files.

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #570 of 2,617

My Rockbox is same version as yours, and I did nothing special when installing it.

I really do not know why you are getting such a big delay with your files.

I even tried resetting rockbox, but nothing changed...
I really can't get why this is happening.

EDIT: I just noticed something: the delay is of about 7 seconds on flacs with higher bitrate (1.7-1.8 Mbps), while on lower bitrates (1Mbps and lower) the delay is 1.5-2 seconds. Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back