Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #181 of 2,617

Huge community?
I'm not sure about that...
The rockbox firmware seems to be an EOL project.
The last version of RB is 3 years old and not to much seems to happen: I don't see many official new ports of RB on new devices, no development on new feature, non new ideas (where is RB for Android?).
XVortex has released its code and made it known to the community of developers of Rockbox, but it seems that no one helped him, and his X3 porting has is still not an official porting.
I don't know if there is much work "in the background" (I really hope so!), but several times when I visit the RB page I wonder if the project is still alive or not...

I'm sure there was a point in your post , somewhere...
wink.gif
Glad to have a modern DAP that can run RB, kudos to XVortex.
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #184 of 2,617
XVortex has released its code and made it known to the community of developers of Rockbox, but it seems that no one helped him, and his X3 porting has is still not an official porting.
the main reason for which they do not have my sources in the main project is another man making port for fiio x1 based on the same cpu. Perhaps he will do his job better or will do it forever... Will see. Anyway if you wish to change/improve in my port - you're welcome!

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #185 of 2,617
Has anyone using rockbox experienced pitch issues?

There is ZERO pitch error with the Rockbox port for the X3.

Someone posted test results a few weeks back for about a half dozen DAPs including the xDuoo X3.  The X3 was measured at something less than 0.02% if memory serves.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #186 of 2,617
Huge community?
I'm not sure about that...
The rockbox firmware seems to be an EOL project.
The last version of RB is 3 years old and not to much seems to happen: I don't see many official new ports of RB on new devices, no development on new feature, non new ideas (where is RB for Android?).
I don't know if there is much work "in the background" (I really hope so!), but several times when I visit the RB page I wonder if the project is still alive or not...

We do less stuff these days since mp3 players are much less popular, but there have been a huge number of improvements since our last release as well as a number of new ports. We just haven't gotten around to a new release in a while since it's a lot of work.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #187 of 2,617
  There is no any "MAGIC" with Line-Out.
LO it is just output before final power (headphone) amplifier.
sound path:
CPU ---> DAC ---> LPF  ---> PREAMP ---> HEADAMP ---> Phone_OUT
                                                       \--> Line_OUT.
Volume adjusts in DAC.

That would mean that the Xduoo X3 now has a built in splitter for sharing with friends!!!

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #188 of 2,617

There is no any "MAGIC" with Line-Out.
LO it is just output before final power (headphone) amplifier.
sound path:
CPU ---> DAC ---> LPF  ---> PREAMP ---> HEADAMP ---> Phone_OUT
                                                       \--> Line_OUT.
Volume adjusts in DAC.

That would mean that the Xduoo X3 now has a built in splitter for sharing with friends!!!

not exactly. you will need to amp the second line.

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #189 of 2,617
I'm going to assume here. 
wink.gif
   Someone mentioned that folks on the Russian forum lobbied XVortex for the line out to have adjustable voltage output through the volume settings in the Rockbox port.  So I'm assuming that there should be some additional discussion about preferred settings and/or experiences using the Rockbox LO and external amplifiers.  Is anyone capable of perusing that site to dig out this information?  I think it would be quite interesting for us here as that group has earned a reputation for making measurements associated with discussion (witness the key pitch error one they had).

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #191 of 2,617
the main reason for which they do not have my sources in the main project is another man making port for fiio x1 based on the same cpu. Perhaps he will do his job better or will do it forever... Will see. Anyway if you wish to change/improve in my port - you're welcome!

I'm sorry: I'm not a developer, so I can't help.
I hope you can find someone that can work with you to improve your great job on RB porting!

We do less stuff these days since mp3 players are much less popular, but there have been a huge number of improvements since our last release as well as a number of new ports. We just haven't gotten around to a new release in a while since it's a lot of work.

Very happy to hear that in the background there is still someone that works on RB!
I think that a refresh of the RB site would be usefull to understand that the project is still alive!
Also I think that a new stable version will be a great thing!

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #192 of 2,617
@xvortex

Is there a way to seperate volume in DAC and ohm output on internal headphone amp?

It would be awesome to be able to control the internal amp more like an external amp.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #193 of 2,617

Any change we can have the bootloader modified, so rockbox only run when lock switch ON, basically the opposite of current bootloader.

Now:
boot normal, rockbox
boot with lock, original firmware.

Request:
boot normal, original firmware
boot with lock, rockbox

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #194 of 2,617
  My request to vortex would be independent volumes for line out and headphone out.

+1; Especially I would like to be able to fix the setting to a level that has no distortion whatsoever AND that matches most with the input of my AMP.
In my opinion it's best when you output the source at maximum level (without distortion) and the AMP the output to preferrable levels to speakers or headphones.
That way the source will be least affected with sound that doesn't belong in the source :)
Also this way my earphones are not damaged by too loud output from previous LineOut usage :)

So user-definable fixed output of LineOut please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back