Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 14, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #76 of 2,617
Interesting...

Looking at XVortex's RockBox page, it looks like he's developing a port for the Xuelin iHiFi 770C...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #78 of 2,617
  Yes. You can discuss this here.

Hi XVortex,

is it possible to have bootloader which boot OF instead of RB, and if lock is engage, it will boot RB
, basically the opposite of current X3 RB bootloader.

thanks.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #79 of 2,617
  Today's update 58c60dd-160409 brings volume control in menus/settings.

What do you mean? For one thing, I know that now I can adjust the volume in the "Main Screen" of RB. The screen shown to you when you boot up. Is this the volume control settings you mentioned?

*Although I can adjust my volume, no volume level indicator is displayed in the Main Screen.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #82 of 2,617

Doesn't that depend on the theme you are using?

Ah okay okay.
I am using the HIFI THEME.
What theme are you using?

I know you're asking fred, but FWIW I'm using LSE5 which has a volume indicator in the upper right corner.

Only nit is that the battery remaining hours/minutes counter (upper left) doesn't work with this RB port (yet).

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #83 of 2,617
I know you're asking fred, but FWIW I'm using LSE5 which has a volume indicator in the upper right corner.

Only nit is that the battery remaining hours/minutes counter (upper left) doesn't work with this RB port (yet).

Yes, I have that indicator too when in the "NOW PLAYING" screen.

What I meant by "no volume indicator" is when you are in the "HOME SCREEN" of RB when you can view your playlist, settings, system info and all that...The volume indicator is absent in the page

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #84 of 2,617

What I meant by "no volume indicator" is when you are in the "HOME SCREEN" of RB when you can view your playlist, settings, system info and all that...The volume indicator is absent in the page

Guess I don't know what you're expecting to find.  There is this: Settings > Sound Settings > Volume.  But no, when the Rockbox bootup screen is displayed during bootup there is no graphic indicating volume setting.  Why would there be? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question....

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #85 of 2,617
Guess I don't know what you're expecting to find.  There is this: Settings > Sound Settings > Volume.  But no, when the Rockbox bootup screen is displayed during bootup there is no graphic indicating volume setting.  Why would there be? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question....

Ill send a screen shot of what I mean later

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #86 of 2,617

That Settings > Sound Settings > Volume is from what I presume is called the Home Screen.  No there is no separate Volume graphic included in the top of the home screen menu hirearchy if that's what you mean.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #87 of 2,617

i understand what he's expecting..

in the other rockbox (device), in the main menu on the top left, there is volume indicator.
not only in While Playing screen..

(this is just a sample, note on the top left, next to battery)

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #88 of 2,617

I see what you mean. So the recent update now allows volume change when not in WPS but doesn't indicate what Tha change is. Some themes on sansa devices defo do flash up a vol. Indicator whatever screen you are in . Suppose it doesn't matter too much, let your ears do the indicating :blush:

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #90 of 2,617

That Settings > Sound Settings > Volume is from what I presume is called the Home Screen.  No there is no separate Volume graphic included in the top of the home screen menu hirearchy if that's what you mean.

I see what you mean. So the recent update now allows volume change when not in WPS but doesn't indicate what Tha change is. Some themes on sansa devices defo do flash up a vol. Indicator whatever screen you are in . Suppose it doesn't matter too much, let your ears do the indicating :blush:

i understand what he's expecting..

in the other rockbox (device), in the main menu on the top left, there is volume indicator.
not only in While Playing screen..

(this is just a sample, note on the top left, next to battery)

Yup that is exactly what I mean. When I am in the following screen:

Although I can change my volume by pressing the physical volume buttons,
no volume indicator icon is displayed, making it hard to know how many dB my volume is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back