Rockbox Xduoo X3
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,997 of 2,617
Luckily, there's another way. Go to the manual page on xVortex' site and follow the instructions for manual installation with special attention to the option in step 6.

Yes!! You are right. I tried what you said and It works!! Thank you very much!
If someone has the same problem,with the manual installation you can recoverthe original firmware.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,998 of 2,617
I accidentally ejected the SD card that had rockbox on it. Now I am stuck on error screen, and I am unable to find a button combination to use for a hard reset, or any other way to do a reset or reboot, unit is completely frozen.

Anyway to restart my device now?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,999 of 2,617
I accidentally ejected the SD card that had rockbox on it. Now I am stuck on error screen, and I am unable to find a button combination to use for a hard reset, or any other way to do a reset or reboot, unit is completely frozen.

Thanks!

Can’t you just put the sdcard back in?

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,000 of 2,617

Thanks!
Can't you use the reset pin on the side? You need a needle or something.

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #2,001 of 2,617
I didn't know of, or more likely forgot about the reset button on the side. Battery went completely dead today, so I'll try the reset when it gets a charge.

Thank you very much.

Nov 25, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2,005 of 2,617
Hi guys, I didnt follow this thread for long while and now its hard to go through and filter info. I would like to ask if X3 has stable rockbox at this moment? I saw that some of you have it installed but I didnt saw it in official rockbox website.
I saw this: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm but Im not sure if its for real or just some BS...
I also saw this:

Anyone can comment on that? Thanks

Nov 25, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #2,006 of 2,617
Hi guys, I didnt follow this thread for long while and now its hard to go through and filter info. I would like to ask if X3 has stable rockbox at this moment? I saw that some of you have it installed but I didnt saw it in official rockbox website.
I saw this: http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm but Im not sure if its for real or just some BS...
I also saw this:

Anyone can comment on that? Thanks

Vortex's site is the real deal.

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2,008 of 2,617
uuu huuu guys thanks for reply, sound like my x baby will sign. I like my x3 but there are few annoying things, like slow text scrolling of tittles (so you need to wait ages to know what track is playing etc) and no cue splits. Plus screen...

Any of you know if its like it was with Rockbox, that it needs smaller sd card to run and can I have it in that case on one sd and on second music? anything I should keep in mind to not brickwall x3?

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #2,009 of 2,617
uuu huuu guys thanks for reply, sound like my x baby will sign. I like my x3 but there are few annoying things, like slow text scrolling of tittles (so you need to wait ages to know what track is playing etc) and no cue splits. Plus screen...

Any of you know if its like it was with Rockbox, that it needs smaller sd card to run and can I have it in that case on one sd and on second music? anything I should keep in mind to not brickwall x3?

You can control the speed of scrolling. You have to edit the current theme file using a text editor.

The other option is to choose one of the MANY themes. They have some really nice ones, that give more useful information and have a better layout than the stock theme.

Many of the themes have faster scrolling too, which will solve your scrolling speed problem.

All of the themes are here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=sansaclipplus

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #2,010 of 2,617

you can increase the scroll speed in the settings. And my player is 100% splitting cue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back