rockbox on ipod is here
Feb 17, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #121 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Display on 4G seems to be greatly improved on the latest build, they must have updated the LCD driver.

Most indeedy. I updated mine with the bleeding edge update as soon as I saw there were some fixes for the G4 Monochrome's LCD driver. There's a lot less cutting off and it's more stable overall.

If you haven't already, update and check it out! If you replace it with at least the most current daily build, it should have the LCD fix!
rs1smile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #122 of 124
Display looks great on my roommate's 4G click wheel (grayscale) - this is exactly how Apple should've done it. No more iTunes! Hint (most of you had probably figured this out..): when you get it working, you put your music in the root directory (or make your own subdirectory).. if you don't want to see the other folders (Albums, Calendars, Contacts, assuming you still want them) just mark them as hidden.. but if you mark everything (subdirectories) as hidden then you won't be able to find themes in RockBox.

Man this is great, and FLAC plays fine and sounds good too. It skips during the first 5 seconds of some of my FLAC songs but not too big of an issue - not like I could play 'em at all without encoding before :]

For being so early on, this is a great product and looks mostly finished (they could use an installer (though it wasn't hard at all) and maybe a little prettier UI, but other than that, yum.

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #123 of 124
Can anybody confirm whether the reverse display issue on the 4G monochrome has been fixed in the more recent updates?

I want Rockbox, but I still want OEM firmware that works. This issue is the only thing holding me back at this point.

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back