rockbox on ipod is here
Feb 14, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #91 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Am I just imagining things or Rockbox actually sounds better than the apple OS?
tongue.gif
. The EQ is great.

Could you describe the EQ, how it works and what can be adjusted? This is one of the features I am most interested in.

Thanks,
George

Feb 14, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #94 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp
Could you describe the EQ, how it works and what can be adjusted? This is one of the features I am most interested in.

Thanks,
George

Graphic and basic EQ, bunch of advanced settings. I'm still trying to figure them out,
etysmile.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #95 of 124
Cool, installing Rockbox will be my project for the night. Tomorrow night, I have another project
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
Graphic and basic EQ, bunch of advanced settings. I'm still trying to figure them out,
etysmile.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #97 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
Well i found something even better: a video!
http://media.ipod-fun.de/m4v_movies/rockbox.mp4
it's from the german fan site ipod-fun.de, and is showing the menus, as well as the play screen. they already installed a skin, to mimik the original ipod style. but just for the play screen.

PS: the menus in the video are in german.........

I've updated the german theme for the iPod Photo shown in the video to english, and also included the coloured background - I've changed the font to nimbus-12 because chicago wasn't showing international characters properly.

I've also changed the battery indicator so it shows 100% charged. When the battery indicator starts working properly on the iPod, you just need to delete bat-0001.bmp and rename bat-0001_old.bmp to bat-0001.bmp.

I've also removed the bottom line of the background, as it conflicted with the nimbus font.

I'm pleased with the results on my iPod photo, have a go and see if you like it.

http://www.at-sea.com/ipod fun theme.zip

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #98 of 124
I found the rockbox somehow messed up the apple firmware display. If I keep pressing menu button it'll boot up with original apple firmware, but the display is not right, at first I thought it's upside down, then I realized that it's all mirrored... Anyone else has this problem? Mine is a 4G B&W.

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #99 of 124
I have the same problem, but if you use rockbox and not the ipod firmware everything works fine.

the ipod firmware actually works perfectly even though it is mirrored...
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #100 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jashugan
I have the same problem, but if you use rockbox and not the ipod firmware everything works fine.

the ipod firmware actually works perfectly even though it is mirrored...
wink.gif

I know it works fine,
tongue.gif
worst case scenario, I'll just hold it to a mirror, LOL

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #102 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
For those of you who are having this issue of reversed display in the iPod firmware, which iPod platform are you using?

I have the same reverse-display problem on my Ipod when I try to load the OEM firmware. It is a 4G, B/W model.

Rockbox itself works pretty well. It hiccups a lot of I try to use the EQ or crossfeed. Hopefully when the CPU code is finished, this won't happen.

Feb 15, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #104 of 124
I was actually using an old, modified iPod firmware when I first put RockBox on my G4 B&W; whenever I booted up in the original firmware everything was displayed fine. I decided to give my iPod a fresh start by formatting it and loading the latest firmware. When I booted up into the original firmware after installing RockBox I noticed the display was reversed, which freaked me out. It's "good" to hear others have the same problem and it's just not my set-up tripping out.

Once everything gets stable, I'm going to go on a RockBox theme making spree!
3000smile.gif
:

Feb 15, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #105 of 124
My freind has 4th gen grayscale ipod and he downloaded rockbox

whats the installation process? there is a folder and a file named rockbox.ipod in the rar file, what to do with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back