Rockbox for iPOD Classic 6g 7g mSATA SSD MOD
Dec 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #31 of 37

I did that to, but I forget that iTunes puts all the compilations in one map so the letter c was a bit bigger than expected. 

Yeah that is why I uncheck compilations in the separate tracks. So it doesn't put those in compilations. That is how I lost albums that way. lol. Anyway now that I have the dual Firewire cable, I can load it for hours, because it keeps the battery fully charged. Only a few letters to go. :D

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #33 of 37
So has anyone figured out how to make Rockbox work with the iPod Classic with the msata drive? I have the Samsung 512gb, and am running it on my 5.5g 80gb Video. But would love to run it on my 6G 160gb Classic. Please if anybody has made it successfully work on a Classic fill me in, and what did you use? (Which Rockbox firmware, and emcore was used) Thanks in advance.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #36 of 37
I just managed to patch up the Rockbox bootload EmCore, mSATA SSD MOD for iPod Classic now works with Rockbox firmware.

For patched firmware download and installation, please check the detailed page:

http://beyondwind.duckdns.org/?page_id=147

Battery life is excellent, >15hrs with Sanyo blue cell. This firmware will run on all iPod classic models, no theoretical limitation on SSD size, tested with Crucial M500 SSD 240GB and 480GB msata using "Green" msata zif adapter. If you have other SSD's, please keep me posted about your findings. Sandforce based SSD is a no go as I tested. I believe this patched firmware will work better for SD/compact flash setup, but not yet tested.

Could you possibly update the link? I need the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back