RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Feb 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #226 of 364
Feb 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #227 of 364

Quote:
You don't need the previous versions. What you need is to download these files:
http://mycroft.su/en/cat/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm601_8gb/mycroft_tools_v216fa2.zip
http://mycroft.su/en/cat/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm601_8gb/mycroft_hm_601rockboxputonsdcarddbd22.zip
http://mycroft.su/en/cat/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm601_8gb/mycroft_hm_601rockbox6e3b0.zip

Note that these files are for HM-601.

The driver installation process depends on which firmware is installed. If the first Rockbox version, than you should manually uninstall the firmware by rebooting the samsung memory chip (it had been explayned in the thread), and then your OS will ask for drivers, you just need to show the path (they are in the tools_v2 archive). If you use the second or newer versions, just follow these instructions (they work for updating rockbox firmware too):

To return to the original firmware:
1) Open the archive tools_v2. Install the driver for your OS.
2) Run the flasher RK27_UpgradeImage with administrator's rights.
3) Turn on the player.
4) Connect the player via usb to the PC.
5) Go to System / System -> Debug (Don't touch!) / Debug (do not touch!) -> View HW info.
6) In the program RK27Upgrade_Image click on the button to the right from the "Image??" button, select the firmware image, then click the "?? (U)" button and wait.

I understand that it says this. But I am asking about step 1 "Install the driver for your OS." How do you run a non-executable file to install the driver? My PC never recognizes that it's plugged in, either, it just charges it. 

EDIT: Got it to recognize the device, Windows 7 tries to install the driver, and fails, go to my usb device manager, click the device, under driver details, it says that there aren't any. Click update driver, select the path, and it just says that Windows has determined that the drivers are up to date.

EDIT2: The problem is that the 64-bit drivers don't work with Intel's architecture, and x86 drivers don't install in Win7 64-bit. So I am at an impasse. I don't have a 32-bit machine, or an AMD based 64-bit guy. I might have to boot up XP in a virtual box, but that would be annoying to have to do just for this.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #228 of 364
Well, I do have a 32-bit Win7 machine, but those drivers didn't work for me. I also have a 64-bit XP machine (my work computer) that didn't work either. Has anyone actually been able to get the drivers to install, and use the method that doesn't involve taking the device apart, to re-load stock firmware? I really want to roll it back because of some of the playback issues that I have having. It's sadly unusable when some of my songs skip ahead to the next one part way through playback. 

EDIT: Got it working

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #229 of 364
I got the drivers to install but not in the way I thought they would. Leave the device manager open when you are at step 5 and you should see the device recognized, but not as a usb controller, which windows is trying to see it as before step 5. Once this happens (even though the player hangs) you should be able to install the image. I found it much easier using the English installer mentioned a few posts back. Hope this works for you-it took me a while(win7 64bit intel).

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #230 of 364
UPDATE from 04.03.2012
- Dual bootloader included (finally!)
Pressing Power button loads Rockbox
- Pressing "Power + any other button" loads official firmware.
- Connecting the player to the PC via USB loads the official firmware (turn the player off before connecting).

Installing method from the official firmware is same as before.

To update previous Rockbox versions you need to:
1. Put the new ".rockbox" folder to your SD card.
2. Open the archive tool_v2. Install the driver for your OS.
3. Run the installer RK27_UpgradeImage with administrator's rights.
4. Turn on the player.
5. Connect the player via usb to the PC.
6. Go to System --> Debug (Don't touch) --> View HW info.
7. In the program RK27Upgrade_Image click the button to the right from the "Image??" button, select the firmware image, then click the "?? (U)" button and wait.

As I understand after installing this update you won't need the installer and the drivers anymore.

HM-801:
HM_801.RockBox.04.03.2012.zip
HM_801.RockBox.bootloader.04.03.2012.zip

HM-60x:
HM_60x.RockBox.04.03.2012.zip
HM_60x.RockBox.bootloader.04.03.2012.zip

All the work is done by Mortalis and Wodz.

Bootloaders include v0.21 firmware for HM-801 and v0.05 for HM-601. If you want to install other version you need to extract BASE.RKW file from the image file and put it to the ".rockbox" folder. BASE.RKW can be extracted via PowerISO, UltraISO and so on.
Also you can switch firmware by runnig RKW file from rockbox.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #231 of 364

Quote:
UPDATE from 04.03.2012
Dual bootloader included (finally!)
Pressing Power button loads Rockbox
- Pressing "Power + any other button" loads official firmware.
- Connecting the player to the PC via USB loads the official firmware (turn the player off before connecting).

Installing method from the official firmware is same as before.

To update previous Rockbox versions you need to:
1. Put the new ".rockbox" folder to your SD card.
2. Follow these instructions:

1. Open the archive tool_v2. Install the driver fro your OS.
2. Run the installer RK27_UpgradeImage with administrator's rights.
3. Turn on the player.
4. Connect the player via usb to the PC.
5. Go to System --> Debug (Don't touch) --> View HW info.
6. In the program RK27Upgrade_Image click the button to the right from the "Image??" button, select the firmware image, then click the "?? (U)" button and wait.

As I understand after installing this update you won't need the installer and the drivers anymore.

HM-801:
HM_801.RockBox.04.03.2012.zip
HM_801.RockBox.bootloader.04.03.2012.zip

HM-60x:
HM_60x.RockBox.04.03.2012.zip
HM_60x.RockBox.bootloader.04.03.2012.zip

All the work is done by Mortalis and Wodz.

Bootloaders include v0.21 firmware for HM-801 and v0.05 for HM-601. If you want to install other version you need to extract BASE.RKW file from the image file and put it to the ".rockbox" folder. BASE.RKW can be extracted via PowerISO, UltraISO and so on.
Also you can switch firmware by runnig RKW file from rockbox.

Thank you, I will install it now. So if I want to update my Hm-601 to 0.08 I have to follow"extract BASE.RKW file from the image file and put it to the ".rockbox" folder. BASE.RKW can be extracted via PowerISO, UltraISO and so on."? but keeping Rockbox.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #232 of 364
Yes, I think so.
Quote:
Thank you, I will install it now. So if I want to update my Hm-601 to 0.08 I have to follow"extract BASE.RKW file from the image file and put it to the ".rockbox" folder. BASE.RKW can be extracted via PowerISO, UltraISO and so on."? but keeping Rockbox.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #233 of 364

Quote:
Yes, I think so.

My 601 firmware version is 0.08, but I can not find it in-case I needed to reinstall it! Do you have any idea where I can find it? appreciated

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #234 of 364
Nope. And I should say that I consider v0.05 to be the best, most stable and wellsounding official firmware version for HM-601. Second after Rockbox.

Quote:
My 601 firmware version is 0.08, but I can not find it in-case I needed to reinstall it! Do you have any idea where I can find it? appreciated

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #235 of 364

Quote:
Nope. And I should say that I consider v0.05 to be the best, most stable and wellsounding official firmware version for HM-601.

OK, If Want to install both the boot-loader and Rockbox I should follow the above instructions , or there is something missing?

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #236 of 364
If you have v0.08 installed just put the IMG file on the internal memory and the ".rockbox" folder on your SD card.

Quote:
OK, If Want to install both the boot-loader and Rockbox I should follow the above instructions , or there is something missing?

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #237 of 364
OK , all is working. Is there is a way to show the album covers?

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #238 of 364
Mar 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #239 of 364
Mar 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #240 of 364
You're welcome.
smile.gif

Quote:
Thanks a lot, you are the man.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back