Solo by David Sanborn

Bruce & Co.

Merry Christmas Baby, The River

The Big Man

Dire Straits

Your Latest Trick

Micheal Brecker

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #18 of 60
It's not rock or pop but I always loved this one from Larry Coryell, Call to the Higher Consciousness from Barefoot Boy. It's more jazz fusion.

The sax player is Steve Marcus and Larry Coryell rips the guitar.

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 60
The Seatbelts - Tank

The Cowboy Bebop theme song. One of my favorite pop jazz tracks, all in all, and has a killer sax solo in it.

Maynard Ferguson - Chameleon

Another amazing sax solo. Some may think the sax tone is a bit harsh, but he has a ton of energy, and does some really cool stuff. Definitely worth a listen.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maynard Ferguson - Chameleon

Another amazing sax solo. Some may think the sax tone is a bit harsh, but he has a ton of energy, and does some really cool stuff. Definitely worth a listen.

Umm, forgive me, but I always thought Maynard Ferguson was a trumpeter? Maybe you're just referring to whoever's playing sax on this track?
confused.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #21 of 60
"Eyes Of The World"- Grateful Dead (live 18+ minute version from Without A Net featuring Branford Marsalis on sax)

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, forgive me, but I always thought Maynard Ferguson was a trumpeter? Maybe you're just referring to whoever's playing sax on this track?
confused.gif

Yup, Maynard's a trumpeter (and a beast of one) but some of his tracks have great sax and trombone solos, and Chameleon is one of them.

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #25 of 60
Quarterflash - Harden My Heart

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And "Money" as well.
cool.gif

Don't forget "The Gunner's Dream"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back