Quote:
Here's some old stuff - cause I'm old.

The Cranberries - Zombie  

Motels - Total Control

Alannah Myles - Black Velvet remix  

Alannah Myles - Black Velvet original  

Amanda Marshall - Let It Rain  

Rough Trade - All Touch 

Lee Aaron - Watcha Do To My Body (Lee used to attend my old high school .... she's a jazz singer these days)  

The last 4 are Canadian acts.

@Mbriant,you spoted my style the most.   boy,"zombie" is one of the most classical ever! one of the best melodies and productions i heard in my life.  this is the kind of rock i am talking about,but it seems that there not a lot of bands with female vocal that make this kind of rock music.

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 57
Yes, "Zombie" is by far my favourite Cranberries song.  Here's one you might like by the Pixies.  Kim Deal usually does back-up vocals, but she sings lead on "Gigantic".   Another interesting female vocalist is Ani DeFranco.  "Untouchable Face" is sweet while a little raunchy at the same time.

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #35 of 57
Jun 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #37 of 57
What about some female growls? like Angela gossow....or a sweet voice like Simone simons, from epica? 

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #40 of 57

Quote:
What about some female growls? like Angela gossow....or a sweet voice like Simone simons, from epica? 

yeah..got them already.  i don't know any other female who does growls except angella...she is awsome!   and while i love gothic metal,this is not my direction in this thread.  i am trying to find some alternative/rock kind of music with female vocals...cranbarries' stlye.

Quote:
Has anyone mentioned Patti Smith yet? If not, check this out.

patti smith..? isn't it punk style?  if it is,i am really not so much into it.

Quote:
Anything from Sirenia, Nightwish, Leave's eyes, Lacuna coil...and many more. 

didn't like nightwish straight from the first time i listened to them,havn't listened to the others you msntioned but heard of them,aren't they in the same style?

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #41 of 57
[size=10pt]This thread is more or less a list of what I listen to so I thought I would add a few more artists from my collection to see if you like any of them.[/size]

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #43 of 57
look what i have found:

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #45 of 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back