RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 VS Asus Essence ST
Mar 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alienwareee

New Head-Fier
Hi there, does anyone have any experience with RME sound cards? I wonder will that be better than Asus cards?
I do have Asus xonar D2X but want try something else, maybe better. Don`t like drivers and stability problems on Asus.
All what i need, sound card to connect my old NAD c352 amp and speakers. Don`t want any CD player or turnable, its not suitable for me. 
Had Cambridge audio DacMagic Plus, and decided that sound card does very similar job (little bit more noise, not a noticeable with listening volume) Plus i do have equalisation advantage with sound card. So sound card ONLY is my choice because i listen 320kbs music only. 

So who can advice some good, better than Asus Essence ST  (Not STX) card?
Very interested in RME cards but i think will they do better job for my needs?

May 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes that`s odd, they all using mac or other laptops with worst sound card possible, but buying dac for £500 and amp for £300. Lol what i can say. many lol`s :) 
Maybe the sound cards paired with BAD cheap PSU (power supply unit) will make some ugly noise like 10 years ago. But i was comparing dacmagic plus background noise and essence st and can say where is VERY VERY small difference at VERY loud volume.

May 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 7
RME equipment is great, it's aimed at professional recording studios and the entertainment industry. It generally wouldn't be my first choice for a consumer system unless you had balanced equipment and wanted that. RME stuff is rather expensive and isn't really tailored to consumer use, that's not to say it wouldn't work just wonderfully.

I can't comment on Windows compatibility as I use MAC and everything works flawlessly all the time with my audio output over any device I've used.

I will say I just bought a HRT Music Streamer HD and it's just wonderful.

May 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 7
I never seen any one suggest a mac and a dac. You the first one i seen that says that and i been roaming these forums for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back