RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jul 16, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #4,337 of 6,038
Who also thinks, that SD LD filter sounds the best? Timing, attack, decay, bass punch, trebles sparkling… all just fits just perfectly together.
Moreover: loudness - absolutely great function, here properly executed.
Honestly I could never tell the difference between any of the filters, so in the end I just left it on the default filter.

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #4,339 of 6,038
This may be a silly question, but do these digital filters and EQ get applied by the DAC section, so when RME is connected to another AMP by line out, the filter/EQ settings carry over to the external headphone amp’s output?

Yes, they're applied by the DAC section and carried over to the external analogue device.

Jul 17, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #4,340 of 6,038
This may be a silly question, but do these digital filters and EQ get applied by the DAC section, so when RME is connected to another AMP by line out, the filter/EQ settings carry over to the external headphone amp’s output?
No, the “settings” are of course not “carried over” but the effect of them on the analog output are...

Jul 20, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #4,341 of 6,038
Can you use this DAC with any surround sound APIs in Windows? Ie. does it support for example 24bit 48.000Hz operation that for example Dolby Atmos for headphones forces itself to. I'd really like to have a "do-it-all" source for my hobby mastering/headphone listening/PC gaming needs but I don't enjoy the positional cues from plain "stereo" enough to wanna use that for gaming. I think Dolby Atmos for Headphones does the best job in preserving audio quality (not really noticeable as long as you don't enable any EQing) while giving a fairly good enhanced surround sound in games above plain stereo setting.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #4,342 of 6,038
Hi guys, new and quite happy RME ADI 2 DAC owner. I got a question, I found some info about this and I've read the manual but it's still confusing for me. Im pretty much a low volume listener and my normal levels are between -50/-45 (with auto reference volume on) . So I find the loudness function really useful and wanna get the max out of it.

Can anyone tell me what loudness parameters should I use, please? Im currently using 7,5 db bass 6,5 db treble boost with a Low vol. Ref of -35db.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,343 of 6,038
Hi guys, new and quite happy RME ADI 2 DAC owner. I got a question, I found some info about this and I've read the manual but it's still confusing for me. Im pretty much a low volume listener and my normal levels are between -50/-45 (with auto reference volume on) . So I find the loudness function really useful and wanna get the max out of it.

Can anyone tell me what loudness parameters should I use, please? Im currently using 7,5 db bass 6,5 db treble boost with a Low vol. Ref of -35db.

Thanks in advance.
Whichever settings suit your ears. Once you start applying EQ as an end user, which is effectively what the loudness setting is, it's purely down to your subjective choice. There's no right, and there's no wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #4,347 of 6,038
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #4,350 of 6,038
Hello everyone, can anyone recommend settings for an Audeze LCD-i4? Thanks.
If you are using ROON, their DSP menu has a whole set for Audeze phones included!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back