RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jun 29, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #4,308 of 6,005
Does it matter which way around the power plug of the ADI-2 is inserted into your wall socket, power conditioner or whatever you use? Mine can be inserted either way around. It's difficult to ascertain if one way is better sounding than the other but unless it's my imagination one way does appear to have slightly better bass.

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #4,309 of 6,005
Does it matter which way around the power plug of the ADI-2 is inserted into your wall socket, power conditioner or whatever you use? Mine can be inserted either way around. It's difficult to ascertain if one way is better sounding than the other but unless it's my imagination one way does appear to have slightly better bass.
How would that technically impact bass?

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #4,310 of 6,005
I currently have a Zen Dac/Can stack which I do like, but would replacing these with ADI-2 provide a meaningful upgrade to the sound?
I love the idea of being able to eq on the device and save as presets for different headphones. But is the lack of a balanced headphone socket an issue?

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #4,311 of 6,005
I currently have a Zen Dac/Can stack which I do like, but would replacing these with ADI-2 provide a meaningful upgrade to the sound?
I love the idea of being able to eq on the device and save as presets for different headphones. But is the lack of a balanced headphone socket an issue?
You likely wont hear much of a difference at stock, but you can tune it to more of your preference so in that way yes it will probably sound better.

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #4,313 of 6,005
I also migrated to both the ADI-2 and Burson. I've only listened to it a little w/out the Burson. As mentioned, w/ the custom profile for my 800S in, the ADI-2 sounds good; it sounds better to my ears through the Burson, however.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #4,315 of 6,005

I had the same zen stack but sold the zen dac after I bought the ADI-2. I kept the zen can which I occasionally use with the xlr out of the ADI. With my Sundara I can’t say for sure which one is better. I do like the zen can 3D effect so it’s nice to have.

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #4,317 of 6,005
Try it for yourself if you're interested in hearing if there is a difference.
I’m not sure how I could properly test it. Hearing memory isn’t reliable so by the time I’d switch I would have already forgotten how it sounded previously in the micro details. There’s no way I’d trust mine it anyone’s memory to know a difference

Jul 2, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #4,318 of 6,005
I always had my RME working as a preamp for my tube Woo WA6.
I listen primarily to jazz and classical.
Just tried listening to classical with my Hifiman HE5XX plugged directly into the RME and am loving it. For Jazz I still like listening thru the tube Woo WA6.
Does anyone else use there set up differently depending on the genre of music they are listening to?

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #4,319 of 6,005
I need a DAC on my desk and the nearest outlet is about 15'-20' away. Checking out RME DACs as a possible upgrade but I don't think the cord/brick on the RME would be long enough and I don't want to use an extension cord or another power bar. Are there any replacement cords/brick that would plug into the back of the RME and reach the wall outlet? Currently using a Matrix Mini-i Pro 2S which has an internal power supply with IEC connector on the back of the DAC so I can use aftermarket cords as long as I want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Etx1
Back