1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RME ADI-2 DAC Thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. simon740
    Hello,

can I ask if this dac work with Linux system?

regards,
    Simon

2. AudioQuality777
    Yes, excellent on Linux and tested Snake. But I'm using Win10 with Jriver player.I think the Win10 plays a little more detailed.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  3. AudioQuality777
    Very good system.:)

4. simon740
    Thank you for your answer. Im looking a DAC for my Jolida JD302 BRC and WLM La Scala monitor speakers.
    In the past I had Aune S16, Naim DAC V1, Rega Brio-R dac. Now I choose between Chord Qutest and this ADI-2.

regards,
    Simon

5. AudioQuality777
    User "musicmaker" comparison on the previous page Chord Hugo 2 (2400$) &RME ADI2 DAC.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rme-adi-2-dac-thread.868015/page-8#post-14131003
    "I owned a Hugo 2 and will tell you, the RME sounds a bit better. Factor in the other features, balanced output, parametric eq, usb cleanup, power cleanup and tons of other features. This is a no brainer for the sound quality and flexibility it provides. I honestly wish more people try this unit":)

Chord Hugo 2 (2400$)It is $ 600 +- more expensive than Chord Qutest(1800$). According to the logic of Adi2DAC:trophy: any better than Chord Qutest because Adi2DAC it's better than Chord Hugo 2.

DSC_1938.JPG

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    alphanumerix1 likes this.
  6. simon740
    $ 600 more expensive than Chord Qutest ? Meybe Pro version.
    In EU the price for ADI-2 DAC is 999€.
    Now I realy think to buy this little toy :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  7. Boerd
    I have a Chord Mojo and to my ears it sounds perfect with my HD 650 / Beyer 880 / 600 ohms. Unfortunately I see random problems with it and the battery doesn't hold a charge for more than 2 hours which means it stays plugged in a lot.
    Plus - when the power level is lower the THD increases on Mojo http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/chord-mojo.php#rw14
    Now, I have on order a Focal Elex which is lower impedance and high sensitivity so I am thinking the IEM feature is something I would need, as I listen to fairly low levels (very sensitive hearing).
    The only thing is I know monoprice is readying a DAC/ headphone combo based on THX AAA technology and that seems to be the cleanest these days.
    Choices, choices, choices.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    cardeli22 likes this.
  8. AudioQuality777
  9. AudioQuality777
    Correction of the frequency response for the NOS filter or why an EQ was useful!!!:):L3000::)
    https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26952

I fully agree, but in the end the aliasing turns out to be no big issue in real-world...otherwise MQA wouldn't even exist...

And for the rolled-off treble there is a simple workaround: use the EQ to compensate. Here are two settings for Slow and NOS to linearize the treble response at 44.1 kHz sample rate:

Slow B5 G +4.0 F 16.5k Q 2.1 Shelf
    NOS B5 G +3.0 F 14.3k Q 0.6 Shelf

As you can imagine with only 3 and 4 dB gain this is just a slight change, it linearizes NOS perfectly, and Slow good enough.

dafiltercurve_eqcomp_nos.png dafiltercurve_eqcomp_slow.png

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    lukeslens and JamieCole like this.
  10. doctor subie
    Interested if anyone knows how this would compare to the PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC?

11. amirm
    I just finished my Review and Measurements of ME ADI-2 DAC. It did extremely well! Best I have measured of any DAC. And nice headphone amp to boot.

I see you all discussed the odd way it only advertises one sample rate to Windows. That is the main fault I see with the unit as I am not a fan of installing any drivers.

Jwakeford, Deftone, Boerd and 2 others like this.
  12. kundica
    I'll check them out, thanks!

The driver is that way by design since the Madiface driver spans across many devices which are primarily or solely used in professional applications. Those people would typically determine their settings in a DAW and it affords them a higher level of stability. Unfortunately it presets issues with many Audiophile oriented applications.

Edit: I should mention that Qobuz works fine with the ASIO driver. I use Qobuz Sublime+ and it will play through my playlist of 16/44 to 24/192 without bugging.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    cardeli22 likes this.
  13. AudioQuality777
    It's not very clear what kind of problem you have with USB on Win. Automatically does not the sampling frequency on the music file switch? Or do you personally have incompatibility with Roon? Specify.
    On with USB and Roonthere are no problems with this ASIO WIN10 !
    On the Mac, too, there is no problem with USB and Roon.

Screen_Shot_2018-03-26_at_23.51.20.png Screen_Shot_2018-03-26_at_23.49.44.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Topmounter likes this.
  14. lowvolume
    You have a strange way to twist reality. No one here ever discussed this point. Luckbad mentioning it is no discussion.

This is a non-issue for anyone else. Use ASIO - be happy.

15. kundica
    I'm not sure what you're referring to but amirm is correct about the ASIO driver. It locks in 1 sample rate at a time and if an app changes that sample rate the windows drops the device and adds a new one with the new sample rate.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last