RMAF 2016?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #17 of 32
CanJam is what you make of it. The people make up 90% of the reasons why I go to these shows. I'll listen to some gear here and there but usually only the stuff I'm dying to demo. Everything else is about getting together with like-minded enthusiasts and the manufacturers and talking shop.

My first CanJam was RAMF 2014 and I had an absolute blast. My advice for someone who is making this event their first is simple: plan ahead of time the gear you want to demo most and get that out of the way on Friday. Talk to people along the way and make some new friends if you're down for that. By Saturday you'll have heard the major "wants" and have plenty of time to take in the rest of the show. Also don't forget that there's a whole world of 2-channel gear at the show. Definitely check out the ELAC room if you haven't heard them.
And if you see me wandering around definitely say "hi," I love meeting fellow Head-Fiers. 
L3000.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 32
  I'll be there. Not happy about hearing my first CanJam might be the "worst RMAF ever", but still excited to go. 

I added "(logistically)." to me prior post. The people, vendors, and gear are what make the show. Having it in a tent, well, we'll see. Could be great; could suck. I'm hoping for the former. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #19 of 32
I'm going with my wife to this one! I wish I knew more people to meet. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 32
Well the fun starts....not....:frowning2:
Just got an email saying they are moving me to another hotel. Not happy about this.... :{
I've also heard from others that they are being moved, also.
Will be reviewing this and seeing if I want to move to MY choice of hotel instead of theirs.
Will be interesting...they did say they will provide a shuttle...but...strike two for DMTC.

Here's the text from the email:

I am sorry to have to inform you that due to renovation delays here at the Denver Marriott Tech Center we are relocating all guest with sleeping rooms during Rocky Mountain Audio Fest to area hotels.  I am able to relocate your room to the Sheraton DTC on Arapahoe Road.  We are in the process of doing that now.   We will offer round trip shuttles between all of the hotels.  Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 32
Well the fun starts....not....
frown.gif

Just got an email saying they are moving me to another hotel. Not happy about this.... :{
I've also heard from others that they are being moved, also.

Well that blows. Guess I'm glad that I have a room at the Hyatt Place around the corner, no fears of a forced relocation.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #22 of 32
yep, I never stay at the Marriot; I'm a hilton guy. I'll be at the Hampton Inn, which is walking distance. 

If anyone is staying at the Hampton, let's meet for breakfast.

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 32
I'm also being sent to the Sheraton. Wish I had made reservations for Hyatt up the street, where I stayed last time I attended RMAF. The whole point of reserving at Marriott was to be staying at the show location. Now looks like I'll be 2.8 miles away, instead of at one of the hotels within walking distance had I known much sooner. It is disappointing that I get this announced change less than four weeks out. Was/is the construction scheduling as bad as it looks from here? Kind of late to change my plans. Now left to wonder how much impact this debacle will have on the quality of the show.

I'm trying to take this mess in stride, as it's not the end of the world, but today's email on top of the previously announced show room changes is depressing. I'm just glad that I am not one of the people at Marriott and RMAF that have to deal with this.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #24 of 32
I'm also being sent to the Sheraton. Wish I had made reservations for Hyatt up the street, where I stayed last time I attended RMAF. The whole point of reserving at Marriott was to be staying at the show location. Now looks like I'll be 2.8 miles away, instead of at one of the hotels within walking distance had I known much sooner. It is disappointing that I get this announced change less than four weeks out. Was/is the construction scheduling as bad as it looks from here? Kind of late to change my plans. Now left to wonder how much impact this debacle will have on the quality of the show.

I'm trying to take this mess in stride, as it's not the end of the world, but today's email on top of the previously announced show room changes is depressing. I'm just glad that I am not one of the people at Marriott and RMAF that have to deal with this.

Not sure how much they are charging you, but hopefully they are giving you a significant discount.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center has rooms for $179. The hampton is walking distance to the Marriot.

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #25 of 32
With all of these renovations, this should give you guys some time to make some mini-meets, whether they are at a hotel, restaurant, wherever. Don't let the fact that CanJam will be in a tent slow you down. :wink:

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #26 of 32
The Hampton is decent but they only had the smaller rooms available when I looked. Nothing big enough for my group so we went with the Hyatt Place.

As for hotel walking policies, it's a gamble. Many hotels will send you to a nicer property because they don't want to walk you to a hotel on their "level" and risk losing your return business. Then there are others who will walk you to a hotel that's similar priced so they don't lose much out of pocket. Sometimes all they can do is send you wherever is closest and still has openings.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #29 of 32
I'm hoping to go again this year as I live in Denver. With a new baby at home I won't be able to attend 2 full days like I did last year. From my experience, definitely attend more than one day so you don't feel rushed. A little bummed about all the construction but hey, what can you do. See you guys there! 

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #30 of 32
I would also suggest getting the excel file and start to go through it now. There are hundreds of vendors, and only a limited time to be there, so figure out your mist see vendors in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back