Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Jul 8, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #1,547 of 1,947
Jul 8, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,549 of 1,947
I have a screwdriver. I think it’s for remote control battery compartment.
You're right. Makes sense. This reply gave me relief that I am not goijg crazy.

Jul 9, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #1,550 of 1,947
I also had this screwdriver in my box. Didn’t fit with the screws on top, which was a little weired. I never use the remote, but it may fit there…

Jul 11, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,551 of 1,947
:)

Jul 12, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #1,552 of 1,947
The dreaded day has come. My speakers show that they need 10 watts and the aic10 satisfies that, so I picked this AIC10 up a second time intending to dual use with my headphones and speakers.

After trying a few amps above 10 watts, my speakers fare better with more power and as I am moving away from headphones, this unit no longer makes sense for me.

This is my SECOND brand new AIC10 that I am selling on Head-Fi, 1st owner, absolutely mint (can send photos, lazy to list to classifieds at moment) and I am sure the buyer in this thread who picked up my first AIC10 sold will vouch for the OCD-like pristineness with my 1st AIC-10 being sold.

PM if interested. Reasonable offers considered, retail is 17500 I believe.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1689211752263715143786535154455.jpg
    1689211752263715143786535154455.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 16892117984952322765500491658220.jpg
    16892117984952322765500491658220.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #1,553 of 1,947
The dreaded day has come. My speakers show that they need 10 watts and the aic10 satisfies that, after trying a few amps above 10 watts, my speakers fare better with more power. As I am moving away from headphones, this unit no longer makes sense for me.

This is my SECOND brand new AIC10 that I am selling on head-fi, 1st owner, absolutely mint (can send fotos) and I am sure the buyer in this thread who picked up my first AIC10 sold will vouch for the ocd like pristineness with my gear being sold.

PM if interested. Reasonable offers considered, retail is 17500 I believe.

Thank you.
What are you planning to move to?

And other speakers the demille's or are you using something else these days?

Jul 12, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #1,554 of 1,947
What are you planning to move to?

And other speakers the demille's or are you using something else these days?
No I only listen to the Devilles, I do not use headphones anymore as I used to need to be mindful of others at my house. I moved my speakers to warehouse and now have free reign to how loud I can play my Britney Spears. :)

Regarding amp choices for speakers, I am still considering a few options. Regarding the AIC-10, it truly is the best headphone amp I ever had.

I have a unused CV4004 Mullard tube that I will throw in, along with the stock tube.

I also have the G73R tube I can sell for $500. Used under 20 listening sessions.

Please also check classifieds for my TC, Abyss Stand, XLR cable being sold as well if interested.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #1,555 of 1,947
Sold, being picked up tomorrow 7AM locally.

Will miss this amp. I better not buy a third one down the line. I hold current record for buying two of these brand new, 1st owner.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #1,556 of 1,947
No I only listen to the Devilles, I do not use headphones anymore as I used to need to be mindful of others at my house. I moved my speakers to warehouse and now have free reign to how loud I can play my Britney Spears. :)

Regarding amp choices for speakers, I am still considering a few options. Regarding the AIC-10, it truly is the best headphone amp I ever had.

I have a unused CV4004 Mullard tube that I will throw in, along with the stock tube.

I also have the G73R tube I can sell for $500. Used under 20 listening sessions.

Please also check classifieds for my TC, Abyss Stand, XLR cable being sold as well if interested.

Levante on the table? Or looking at something totaly new?

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #1,557 of 1,947
No that Levante costs too much, I can not comfortably pay for that after all the money I lost from selling 2 brand new AIC10s. LOL.

I have not decided yet, but I just know since I am barely ever using headphones anymore, this amp is being wasted by me... hence the sale.

Best headphone amp ever, versatile, tube rolling on the pre stage, beautifully made, pairs with all the TOTL cans comfortably AND it can drive smaller speakers near field. Value city.

My TC is for sale on classifieds also, xlr sc cable, and abyss stand.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,558 of 1,947
Early impressions of my first session with AIC (thank you @F208Frank for letting go of this one I've been chasing it for a while!):

Clearly powerful in an effortless presentation while still hitting hard but super easy to listen to.

Current chain is Antipodes K50 with Tubulus Concentus V2 I2S to Wavedream Signature with DHC Prion4S XLRs to AIC. Utopia OG with Viking Weave cable. Tube is the Telefunken G73r. Listening from the front headphones output on low gain (dead silent noise floor)

The sound is addictive. Don’t have the Susvara here yet (sold my first pair and waiting for shipment on a second but will drive it from the speakers taps with a Prion4 adapter and cable) so only Utopia so far but it’s so impressive and easy to listen to while still hitting you with loads of details and texture it’s kinda crazy how it’s balanced. I feel like it’s quite a good match with the Wavedream pushing a little bit of the DACs spiciness, or maybe not spicy but definitely that forward energy on to the amp.

With this chain it's not as warm as I thought it'd be but I really like it this way.

Only one session in but super impressed so far. I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Zahl HM1 when that arrives (as well as using the HM1 as a pre to AIC).
Will also try my Danacable interconnects and the other two tubes next week when I'm back from traveling.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #1,560 of 1,947
Early impressions of my first session with AIC (thank you @F208Frank for letting go of this one I've been chasing it for a while!):

Clearly powerful in an effortless presentation while still hitting hard but super easy to listen to.

Current chain is Antipodes K50 with Tubulus Concentus V2 I2S to Wavedream Signature with DHC Prion4S XLRs to AIC. Utopia OG with Viking Weave cable. Tube is the Telefunken G73r. Listening from the front headphones output on low gain (dead silent noise floor)

The sound is addictive. Don’t have the Susvara here yet (sold my first pair and waiting for shipment on a second but will drive it from the speakers taps with a Prion4 adapter and cable) so only Utopia so far but it’s so impressive and easy to listen to while still hitting you with loads of details and texture it’s kinda crazy how it’s balanced. I feel like it’s quite a good match with the Wavedream pushing a little bit of the DACs spiciness, or maybe not spicy but definitely that forward energy on to the amp.

With this chain it's not as warm as I thought it'd be but I really like it this way.

Only one session in but super impressed so far. I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Zahl HM1 when that arrives (as well as using the HM1 as a pre to AIC).
Will also try my Danacable interconnects and the other two tubes next week when I'm back from traveling.
I was already impressed with amp without even ever trying speaker taps. My gut says you'd still like the aic more than the Zahl but please do update as I am curious myself. Glad it went to a good home. Best headphone amp I ever had myself, full package, versatile as heck. In future down line you can even drive some efficient speakers.

One very amazing trait of the aic was how it had just that splash of tube magic in the pre but still come off as very solid state ish in terms of transparency.

Happy listening!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back