Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #1,621 of 1,875
Hello I'm a AIC10 owner with Susvara headphones current DAC is DCS Bartok but looking to upgrade at some point to DCS Rossini apex . Really pleased with current set up but got the urge for more/better .....
Thanks!
The Bartok is one of the favorites...I can only imagine it combined with the Riviera amp.
I can however grab a Tambqui with a generous price cut....tough decision.

Jan 18, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #1,622 of 1,875
And a nice priced Dave also :disappointed_relieved:

Jan 18, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #1,623 of 1,875
Hello everybody, new AIC10 Bal owner.
I would need some help in choosing a new DAC.
Currently using the TT2/MScaler but I would like to upgrade.
I have read all the 109 pages.....and I noticed that most of you use either the Dave, DCS and some of you the Mola Mola Tambaqui.
Any recommandations?
Hello, I have the same combo you have. It’s very good. Get use to the sound of your riviera, play with tubes and enjoy for a while. You might try upgrading your power supply. I’m using the PLiXiR Statement BDC Dual Linear Power Supply 15V/6A/DC 2.5.

My upgrade will most likely be the Playback designs MPD-8 or the MSB Premier DACs.

Jan 18, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,624 of 1,875
Hi, glad to find TT2 friends.
You refer to the LPS for the MSC/TT2?

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #1,625 of 1,875
Hi, glad to find TT2 friends.
You refer to the LPS for the MSC/TT2?
Yes. Here is my current chain:
Power connected to Isotek EVO3 Aquarius with EVO3 Premier Power cable -> 2013 27” iMac -> Moon Audio Black Dragon USB Cable -> PLiXiR Statement BDC Dual Linear Power Supply 15V/6A/DC 2.5 with DH Labs Corona - Chord M-Scaler -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference Oyaide Dual BNC Cables -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Danacable Sapphire Reference Mk.2 RCA Interconnect Cables -> Riviera AIC-10 with Telefunken G73-R Black Coated NOS Tubes & DH Labs Red Wave -> Danacable Lazuli Nirvana Adapter with Spades -> Danacable Lazuli Nirvana -> Hifiman Susvara

What’s yours?

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,626 of 1,875
(AQ Niagara 3000)
SoTM dCBL-CAT7 -> Innuos Phoenix Net -> PinkFaun Interlink LAN -> Innuos Zenith Mk.3 -> PinkFaun Interlink USB -> Innuos Phoenix USB -> PinkFaun Interlink USB -> Singxer SU-6 (SBooster BOTW Mk.2) -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference BNC -> Chord MScaler (Farad Super3) -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference Dual BNC -> Chord TT2 (Farad Super3) -> Audioquest Thunderbird RCA -> Riviera AIC10-Bal -> Forza Audio Hybrid HPC -> Focal Utopia.
Power cables: Audioquest Hurricane for the Niagara and the Riviera, Puritan Audio Labs Ultimate for the MScaler, Audioquest Tornado for the Singxer (SBooster), Audioquest Silver Cloud XTRM for the Zenith, Audioquest Blizzard for the TT2, Audioquest Hurricane for the Phoenix USB and Audioquest Z3 for the Phoenix Net.
All the Innuos boxes have SR Purple fuses as do the Farads.
The MScaler is not connected to the Niagara, it is plugged into the wall.
Hope I didn't forget anything.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #1,627 of 1,875
I have read all the 109 pages.....and I noticed that most of you use either the Dave, DCS and some of you the Mola Mola Tambaqui.
Any recommandations?

I'd avoid Dave. Mola mola is OK but synergy isn't ideal for the price. Rossini (non-apex) is amazing with it if you can swing one. A bit lower and you can look at totaldac unity (or direct for an older model but hugher up the chain), meitner MA3, sw1x DAC IV (though idk how I feel about this one value wise), or a bricasti m1se/m21. I can vouge for the synergy with all of these with aic. I'd mostly look into what you are liking outnof your chain now and what you aren't to try and steer towards what flavor of dac you want

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #1,629 of 1,875
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #1,630 of 1,875
I'd avoid Dave. Mola mola is OK but synergy isn't ideal for the price. Rossini (non-apex) is amazing with it if you can swing one. A bit lower and you can look at totaldac unity (or direct for an older model but hugher up the chain), meitner MA3, sw1x DAC IV (though idk how I feel about this one value wise), or a bricasti m1se/m21. I can vouge for the synergy with all of these with aic. I'd mostly look into what you are liking outnof your chain now and what you aren't to try and steer towards what flavor of dac you want
Well the Rossini is kind of out of reach but the TotalDac is a real contender....I never heard it and don't think it would be possible but all that I read about it concurs with my preferences.

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #1,631 of 1,875
(AQ Niagara 3000)
SoTM dCBL-CAT7 -> Innuos Phoenix Net -> PinkFaun Interlink LAN -> Innuos Zenith Mk.3 -> PinkFaun Interlink USB -> Innuos Phoenix USB -> PinkFaun Interlink USB -> Singxer SU-6 (SBooster BOTW Mk.2) -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference BNC -> Chord MScaler (Farad Super3) -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference Dual BNC -> Chord TT2 (Farad Super3) -> Audioquest Thunderbird RCA -> Riviera AIC10-Bal -> Forza Audio Hybrid HPC -> Focal Utopia.
Power cables: Audioquest Hurricane for the Niagara and the Riviera, Puritan Audio Labs Ultimate for the MScaler, Audioquest Tornado for the Singxer (SBooster), Audioquest Silver Cloud XTRM for the Zenith, Audioquest Blizzard for the TT2, Audioquest Hurricane for the Phoenix USB and Audioquest Z3 for the Phoenix Net.
All the Innuos boxes have SR Purple fuses as do the Farads.
The MScaler is not connected to the Niagara, it is plugged into the wall.
Hope I didn't forget anything.
That should sound real good.

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #1,632 of 1,875
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #1,633 of 1,875
AIC10 worked really well with my Rockna Wavedream Signature and Riviera products are also known to synergize exceptionally well with Lampizator DACs if you're interested in tube based DACs.
Rockna will be a very interesting audition.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #1,634 of 1,875
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #1,635 of 1,875
Any recommandations?
Hi I am using the Rockna Wavelight and am really really happy - great synergy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back