Right earphone westone UM2 cutting out and in
Jan 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

artistofdivine

New Head-Fier
I need help as this issue is seriously irritating me and I don't want to send it in to get it fixed unless I have to (don't have a warranty, bought it off ebay). But as my earphones are in and music is playing everything is fine, but then i move my head a certain way or the wire moves and the music stops in the left earphone, but then I move it back and the music comes back. I think that the wire might be a little bit frayed at the part where it connects to the earpiece as its most sensitive around that part when it comes to cutting out and stuff. I was thinking maybe just put some electric tape around that area but I don't think that would work cause I'd have to secure it in a position where the music is playing as i tape it and it is VERY sensitive i'd probably mess up and tape it in a bad position then have to untape it and mess it up even more.

So any suggestions? Or any idea whom/where can repair or replace my non-detachable wire W/O the need for a warranty?

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like you have a very mild cable issue, I wouldn't bother with electrical tape, you won't know what the problem actually is or whether you're making it worse. Hate to say it but if it's persistant it's time for the message of good luck dealing with a customer service team. Or at least find out where they stand, maybe you can get a removeable cable as a replacement, you never know.

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Sounds like you have a very mild cable issue, I wouldn't bother with electrical tape, you won't know what the problem actually is or whether you're making it worse. Hate to say it but if it's persistant it's time for the message of good luck dealing with a customer service team. Or at least find out where they stand, maybe you can get a removeable cable as a replacement, you never know.

westone's customer service is legendary...give them a call, I'm sure they will be of assistance

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Alright thanks. I just hope my mother will pay for the repairs because I have no job right now (though am searching vigorously).

And I don't know if I would go for removable cables.. I don't know it might be a good idea though but I just don't think I would do it I don't really see the benefit because if I lost the cable I'd have to buy another one online (and wait for it to ship) and if something happens and the earphones detach from the cable as I'm out and about those things are kinda small and would be hard to find. And this cable is like an iron hulk, it's just something weird must have happened.

Oh well, good thing I have backup backups (image s4)  lol cause my backup silver bullets wire got messed up to when it got stepped on and pulled. I want to get those repaired to but I'm not sure if it has a warranty and my mom forgot the website she ordered it on so we can't go check, and I've heard of westone's reputable customer service but haven't heard anything about fischer audio's. And could someone hook me up with the number I need to call for the westone repair people?

I wish IEMs were all indestructable, because i can't help but ending up having something happen to them. Though after all I did take the UM2s EVERYWHERE including sleeping and biking and anywhere i went and in the car and etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back