Rig In Public: Yes or No?!
Jan 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #61 of 80
Sure do pull it out proudly
wink_face.gif
There are a whole lot of sissy's up here. I don't live in the ghetto so I don't worry about gang bangers. Have no problems with my portable rig up here in Seattle.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #62 of 80
the SR60s don't look bad at all in public, but something like 580s or a headphone amp does get some looks. I just put it in my back pocket with the volume knob up and I can change song by pressing on my pocket so I don't have to take it out too often. Plus as said in previous posts, I don't want to be a target, I shouldn't have to sacrifice the jams to do it.

Jan 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #63 of 80
I'm way more basic than 99% of you guys, but I show what I have and answer questions all the time. I even use my little PA2V2 when I lay down to take a nap.

Screw that, the public MUST get educated, and I'm PROUD to show me' SHIZZLE!!!

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #65 of 80
I use to use RWA Ipod photo Mod+SR71. The Imod+amp bundle look weird, and honesty, I don't like showing my old 4gen ipod in the public while others are using their latest slim ipod touch.

So....I sold my imod and amp. Got ipod touch and ipod classic instead.

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #67 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use to use RWA Ipod photo Mod+SR71. The Imod+amp bundle look weird, and honesty, I don't like showing my old 4gen ipod in the public while others are using their latest slim ipod touch.

So....I sold my imod and amp. Got ipod touch and ipod classic instead.

What?
You sold it just because of looks?
*blank face*

Anyway, as I said before, I always have my setup in my hand unless I need to use both hands for something.
When eating, I just lay my DAP on the food tray or on the table while listening to it.

Jan 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #68 of 80
usually it's all in a gadget bag, but depending on available space (airplane seat, train compartment park bench, whatever) I'll stick fingers in or pull the whole thing out - i.e. [dap-lod-amp-p2s-iem] and fuss with it as needed...

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #69 of 80
I take it out in public! Meaning my ipod touch 2g LOL.
Though I'd never take it out after dark around here to many teenage hoody gangs.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #71 of 80
Well I am proud to take out my rig especially when at school. In my grade I have started a little revolution and people constantly ask me to listen to my stuff. It is a plus to bring my hobby into my school and have people have similar hobbies to me, but when I am trying to do some good listening and I get disrupted every few minutes I want to kick myself for ever unleashing my rig upon my school
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #72 of 80
The older I get, the less I care about what anyone thinks of me, so yes, DAP, Altoids amp, rubber bands, cables and all, pick a winner and crank up the vol!

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #74 of 80
My portable rig is nothing more than a Zune and a pair of EP-630s- not much to worry about being seen in public with those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #75 of 80
well, the reason i'm kind of embarassed (not really) is that i have broken-screened iaudio 7 with a huge hole in the middle of it (where it hit an edge in my bathroom through my pants)...

doesn't look too nifty out there, but for the moment it works out, although it can be annoying to look for artists...

To Hockeyb213: at my school, i've let a friend or 2 listen to my music through my rig, and they just can't seem to tell any difference and think it's ridiculous that i spend so much money on head-fi... oh, well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back