Rich people make me angry!!
Mar 22, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #31 of 90
Rich people make you angry...aren't you the one who said your entire family drives Mercedes-Benzes?
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #33 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rich people make you angry...aren't you the one who said your entire family drives Mercedes-Benzes?
wink.gif

Richer people make you angry
biggrin.gif

Money can´t buy you happiness. As long as you have enough so you get roof over your head and food on the table of course. Headphones or other gear certainly doesn´t make you truly happy in it´s own
smily_headphones1.gif

We have it quite well over here but our suicide numbers is very high compared to U-countries where they have to fight every day for their survival!

Not to say I would love winning 5 million dollars or something but many of those don´t really do well going from poor to rich. Easier to deal with it if you are born rich I suppose. Must suck getting "friends" that are only with you as long as you pay the bar checks...

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #34 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Richer people make you angry
biggrin.gif

We have it quite well over here but our suicide numbers is very high compared to U-countries where they have to fight every day for their survival!

Well spoken. Refugee children from countries where death is prevalent seem light years ahead in "the game" compared to our own children - though scarred, no doubt.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #35 of 90
On a different note poor people make me angry, and i mean the ones that can work but choose to leach off the government and taxpayers that are hardworking.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #37 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a different note poor people make me angry, and i mean the ones that can work but choose to leach off the government and taxpayers that are hardworking.

As well as relatives

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #38 of 90
You're angry because your friend made you feel really inferior. By showing you the list of all the headphones he had bought, he reinforced his superiority over you. He was just introduced to the hobby so for him buying those headphones was an act of purchasing power of goods rather than buying something he desired or loved.

I think you should stay away from this guy. There are people who fluent their wealth as a way to compensate for their inner feelings of inferiority and in the process attract admirers (not friends) who envy them and want to keep up with them since they also feel inadequate inside... Rich people who have class, don't fluent their wealth, in fact most of them are quite frugal and discrete.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #39 of 90
Sorry to hear. Perhaps you should consider staying clear of him then?
tongue.gif

Poor people make me more angry.
At least the rich people let me alone on the street, while the poor ones pull jackets, shirts or whatever begging for money.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #40 of 90
Thats right I always found the people with rags to riches kind of lives some of the most pleasant people to be around.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #41 of 90
i dont become angry because of rich people...not for the OP reason.i dont mind them buying anything they want,its their right as they have money and if i were in the same situation,i would buy what i want.

Now,whats make me really really angry is that they dont appreciate money.I knew someone who was rich and his father was a businness man and he was in an expensive university and had a rolex watch.One day he told me that he forgot it in the campus and when he looked for it the next day,he couldnt find it.i was really really sad for him because i know how very expensive Rolex is but what he told me was a shock to me!

He told me that it is not a big deal and that he and his father are going to Rolex retailer in the weekend to buy a new better one!!!!!!!!!!Needless to say,i never saw him again after what he told me and i really wanted to break his nose at that moment.

so,yes some rich people make me angry.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #43 of 90
Envy (also called invidiousness) may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1]

The envy road is destructive and irrational. Avoid it because:

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many studies have shown that outside of poverty situations, money is not proportional to happiness. You are an audiophile. Your friend is likely a shoppingphile.
Enjoy the music.

The only thing you are missing is perspective. acedbasement got it right, your attitude and outlook just need adjusting
wink.gif

Also, everything is relative. Your set up would be a dream for many.

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #44 of 90
I agree, rich people annoy me as well. They're always flying off on Hawaiian vacations, cutting me off on the highway with their BMW SUVs, flaunting their good looking girlfriends and sending their kids to some expensive school. AND HAVING TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT, right? And like someone else said, they have no appreciation for what they have. I'm always having to sell off some favorite piece of gear to make bills during the month. And then my rich friend tells me how he spent 5 thousand dollars to get his daughter and her friends front row seats for U2 in San Francisco. And I'm somehow supposed to be impressed by this story. Of course, I have to say: "Oh, cool!" But my real reaction is like "@@#$% yoooooooooou!" I'm struggling to pay my daughters $100 lab free in high school and you're trying to impress me by spending five grand on crappy U2 tickets. Screw you, and most importantlY, U2 SUCKS NOW!!!! Bwaahahaha.

In the immortal words of Lemmy of Motorhead:
[size=xx-large]EAT THE RICH![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back