Rich Bass IEMS ~$100
Aug 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Insilin1i

Head-Fier
Well I currently have Sennheiser MM50 which I have read on here are just CX300's with a mic. Checking the review it seems they pretty much suck. They are very bassy and the bass seems to be getting sloppy and the treble weaker. So I was looking at some recommendations.

I was looking at some other thread and seen people recommend the Monster Turbines which are about $107 so about $130 canadian. I don't know to much about the technical stuff so be patient with my "slow" questions.

Edit: O ya, I listen to a lot of hip hop, rap, alternative rock, dubstep, pop, and rock. I do enjoy having rich bass but not like the MM50's I currently have way to messy and can't really get all of the music.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 18
HJE900s pretty much are the bass monster with exceptional clarity if you can squeeze an extra $10 - $20.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 18
Amazon is selling them for quite a bit more than $100, they're $150.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 18
Anyone know a good place in Canada that has these, because most places to ship are way to much. Or if anyone has any more recommendations.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 18
i havent tried them but have a pair coming , but the radius ddms seems to be a beast of a iem and being preferred over iems 3 times the price. The lowest I found it for was 140 or oem version for about 110 shipped

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 18
Could you please post where you found the deal?... a $110 OEM DDM would pique my interest indeed.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
Could you please post where you found the deal?... a $110 OEM DDM would pique my interest indeed.

As far as I know they're all out. I don't remember where it was, but I know the seller stopped selling the OEM ones or ran out or something. Maybe they raised the price, I don't exactly remember. I think it's in one of those DDM threads around here if you want to look for it. As far as I remember you had to e-mail or call to place an order.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 18
After looking through some reviews the Panasonics are looking better and better but they are also hard to find, and quite expensive compared to the Turbines. Any other recommendations?

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 18
here is there email were I got it trush@musicaacoustics.com. I think they should still have them in as I just bought one. They are the big sellers of the radius as they are the ones that sell on ebay as well, so no need to be worried about any problems. 

If you could mention that you got referred by David Badal that would be great. When purchasing I tried to get a discount and they told me that in stead they would give me a discount on my next purchase for referring people. 
rolleyes.gif
 Thanks 

I went with the ddm as they seem to be considered top tear and have fantastic bass and unique layering. I went for the dba 2 for there great highs and for being balanced. Will see which one Is a better match though.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #12 of 18
My budget is really $150- 175 Canadian, and the ones being recommended are way out of my price range with shipping being almost $25... are the turbines that bad.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #13 of 18
my recommendation is not out of your price range, in the oem version. The radius ddm is 110 and you would  be hard pressed to find some one who doesn't think that they are technically better sounding than the turbines. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
my recommendation is not out of your price range, in the oem version. The radius ddm is 110 and you would  be hard pressed to find some one who doesn't think that they are technically better sounding than the turbines. 

I'm not really into the styling of these, the style of the iems are important also in my choice.

Also I'm not really into over-the-ear headphones. I know I am a bit picky but I usually keep my headphones for a while and since these are gonna be a bit more than the current ones I think it needs to do well overall even looks, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back