Rhapsodio thread
Jun 26, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #1,396 of 2,246
Well done @doctorjazz

I liked your detailed analysis of the sound of the instruments for the Phantom and Zombie.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,398 of 2,246
PhotoGrid_1530009772801_zpsyam1kxx5.jpg

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,399 of 2,246
Help me make a life decision here! I am debating going down to one IEM (selling my Campfire Polaris) and using some of the funds to pick up a Dark Knight while it's still discounted.

I would pair the Dark Knight with my Django, making me have one pair of TOTL IEMs to have throughout daily life. Gah.

So hard thinking about what to do!

Maybe I'm biased because I hated the fit of the Django, but I wouldn't do it. I personally wouldn't sell an IEM to replace the cable on another.

Now maybe if you're already looking to sell the Polaris, you can replace it with something that contrasts the Django? I can't imagine having only one IEM...

The Dark Knight is a great cable, by the way.

-Collin-

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #1,401 of 2,246
Before I go directly through Sammy...anyone thinking of letting go their Sakura or Dark Knight used? I am looking for them in a 2 Pin (Noble) and 3.5 mm termination.

EDIT: Got a Dark Knight at an awesome price. Will post impressions when I get them :)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #1,402 of 2,246
Also looking to pick up a Saturn if anyone has one and is willing to hook me up with an awesome deal! Shoot me your offer and I will consider.

Thanks for helping a fellow headfier out!

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,404 of 2,246
Also looking to pick up a Saturn if anyone has one and is willing to hook me up with an awesome deal! Shoot me your offer and I will consider.

Thanks for helping a fellow headfier out!

What kind of sound are you looking for? I saw that you are selling your Django. You have a few options in Rhapsodio...Zombie would be the obvious upgrade from Django, but Solar is awesome too. Galaxy V2 would be the high-detail, energetic sound while Zombie would be the fun, powerful sound signature. Solar probably somewhere in between, with a musical-but-detailed character and a lot to like. Different flavors of course.

Then again, I buy everything Sammy creates, so I'm a bit biased :) He is an artist and has something for everyone.

-Collin-

Edit: oops I read Solar instead of Saturn. Let us know if you end up with the Saturn and how you like it.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #1,405 of 2,246
https://imgur.com/a/AFFmZT8

Got the Dark Knight today! Absolutely love it and will be keeping the cable itself, the Django is just a little too warm for me and I will continue to see if I can let it go without cutting too many losses.

And def, will do on the Saturn if decide to pick it up eventually.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,406 of 2,246
I actually had the honor to try the zombie - but with a pure silver housing. The sound signature was out of this world! Compared to the retail version now, this silver housing of zombie had a much brighter treble but not overwhelming, maintaining the soundstage of zombie.
This was very unique IMO and really impressive.
Apart from the upcoming Eden, Sammy is also developing another TOTL IEM(name not confirmed yet), the prototype was another sort of mind-blowing (don't want to spoil that much)
I also tried many of the cables and bought the dark knight at last, couldn't get a better cable with this price!

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,407 of 2,246
I actually had the honor to try the zombie - but with a pure silver housing. The sound signature was out of this world! Compared to the retail version now, this silver housing of zombie had a much brighter treble but not overwhelming, maintaining the soundstage of zombie.
This was very unique IMO and really impressive.
Apart from the upcoming Eden, Sammy is also developing another TOTL IEM(name not confirmed yet), the prototype was another sort of mind-blowing (don't want to spoil that much)
I also tried many of the cables and bought the dark knight at last, couldn't get a better cable with this price!

Well first of all, welcome to Head-Fi! Second, you may have just cost me some serious money.

I talked to Sammy about the silver housing version of the Zombie and had to resist due to costs (and I foolishly thought "how much difference could a housing make?"). I'm almost sad to read that it improved the Zombie that much! But alas, that is awesome and we appreciate your thoughts on the IEM. Brighter treble is something I'm definitely interested in on the Zombie. Can you comment on the bass response at all? Retail version is very warm, with overpowering mid-bass at times and I'm curious if the silver housing may change this at all, or if it's just in the highs.

Congrats on the Dark Knight, it's an easily recommendable cable.

-Collin-

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #1,408 of 2,246
Well first of all, welcome to Head-Fi! Second, you may have just cost me some serious money.

I talked to Sammy about the silver housing version of the Zombie and had to resist due to costs (and I foolishly thought "how much difference could a housing make?"). I'm almost sad to read that it improved the Zombie that much! But alas, that is awesome and we appreciate your thoughts on the IEM. Brighter treble is something I'm definitely interested in on the Zombie. Can you comment on the bass response at all? Retail version is very warm, with overpowering mid-bass at times and I'm curious if the silver housing may change this at all, or if it's just in the highs.

Congrats on the Dark Knight, it's an easily recommendable cable.

-Collin-
That was actually what I was trying to emphasize. While the treble became brighter, it did not take over the mid and bass, which left a very unique impression in my mind.
I would say the whole soundstage is broadened quite a bit on top of the already amazing sound signature.
Overall it made zombie a more all-round TOTL IEM

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #1,409 of 2,246
Hey all,

If anyone is interested in trying out the Dark Knight, I am letting mine go at $100. Just picked up and tried it out for about three hours or so. It's a gorgeous cable and nothing is wrong with it. Silver is indeed a much better fit with my Django and I enjoy it much more now.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested! Don't have any other 2 Pin IEMs on my at the moment so would not prefer to have a cable sitting around that I do not use.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,410 of 2,246
Just want to say hi to all the Rhapsodio fans here. I have been using the Galaxy V2 with RDS Silver MK3 for almost a year and I love the combo. My DAP was Onkyo CMX1 and now I am using Ibasso DX200 with AMP8. My previous IEM was Westone W40 and I am glad I made the plunge for the Galaxy! I didn't try many other IEM before switching to Galaxy as I want to support local brand and Sammy is a very nice guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back